+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

eli2018

Jun 16, 2018
Dears,
I have a question. Just a few days before my hearing they told me that they have asked the minister to intervene. The reason is that I came to Canada with the work permit and then I applied for the refugee. Now The judge says I hide my intention to apply for refugee when I was applying for work permit and visa! Anyone ever mentioned he or she is going to apply for refugee when they were applying for other kinds of visa to enter Canada?
If anyone does it I think for sure they do not give them Visa! What is the reason for this question? Why Judge thinks I mislead them by hiding it???

Hello, did you get a final hearing? How did it end up?

Thanks

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hello, did you get a final hearing? How did it end up?

Thanks
Hi.
Yes I got my hearing done around 1 month after that post.
It was good and I was accepted after 1 hour.
Now my permanent residency application is 94% and hopefully I will get my PR soon.

Hyate123

Oct 17, 2019
Thank for the reply. I filed my case October 2018. I haven't heard anything from IRB. Keep me in prayers.
Hello,

I applied in July 20017 till now I got hearing day in sep 2017 then after two weeks they sent me postponed letter ,till now I am waiting, does any one have a similar case,,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I applied in July 20017 till now I got hearing day in sep 2017 then after two weeks they sent me postponed letter ,till now I am waiting, does any one have a similar case,,
Unfortunately the 3 month appointment was required by law but you should have been warned that it was really a dummy hearing and that it would be cancelled. You are unfortunately on the longer end hearing wait times. Once IRB starts working again I would try to call and try to secure a hearing date given your wait time. Think it is fair to start highlighting that you have been waiting almost 3 years for a hearing date and hopefully that will at least get you a scheduled date before others who have only been waiting a year or more.