+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Posting Pr but I want London, uk

AmyandAndrew

Nov 17, 2014
Hi all im a bit confused, I'm looking to post my PR application this week. As I have read I belive I must send my application to Sydney, Nova Scotia and then request it to be processed in London, UK. But how do I do this? Do I just write in my cover letter 'to be processed in London, UK ' or have I missed this in the forms somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated

RicenTortilla

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In one of the forms you have to choose which visa office you want to process your case. Not sure which form was it though.

liisa227

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
In the very beginning of the basic application form there's a box where you choose the visa office. I think it's right up there with your contact information, somewhere on the right-hand side of the page.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmyandAndrew said:
Hi all im a bit confused, I'm looking to post my PR application this week. As I have read I belive I must send my application to Sydney, Nova Scotia and then request it to be processed in London, UK. But how do I do this? Do I just write in my cover letter 'to be processed in London, UK ' or have I missed this in the forms somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated
The previous versions of IMM0008 has Question 4 - Immigration Office requested for processing this application - where you can specify London as your requested processing office. This particular question has been removed in the latest forms mid-2014.

You can still continue with expressing your preference/request for London, UK as the processing office - as you mentioned - stating this in your cover letter. Nothing in the forms and guides prohibit you from stating this outside of the forms.

…/atb

AmyandAndrew

Nov 17, 2014
Yes I do belive that question has been removed, as I have filled out the forms a few months ago and it states it on those like you said up by my contact information but not on my most recent forms. Thanks for your help! I will state it in my cover letter, and possibly double check my forms just in case :)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmyandAndrew said:
Yes I do belive that question has been removed, as I have filled out the forms a few months ago and it states it on those like you said up by my contact information but not on my most recent forms. Thanks for your help! I will state it in my cover letter, and possibly double check my forms just in case :)
Note under Under IRPR R11.
11. (1) An application for a permanent resident visa — other than an application for a permanent resident visa made under Part 8 — must be made to the immigration office that serves
(a) the country where the applicant is residing, if the applicant has been lawfully admitted to that country for a period of at least one year; or
(b) the applicant's country of nationality or, if the applicant is stateless, their country of habitual residence other than a country in which they are residing without having been lawfully admitted.

Previously, the onus was for the applicant to correctly identify the processing office. It is presumed this has been removed and the determination will be up to CIO, however, nothing official on that has been released.

So, following the IRPR, if you have been lawfully admitted to Canada for more than a year, you may request a processing office in Canada (i.e. CPC-O or CPC-S), aside from London, to process your application.
.../atb