+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Test RQ - given during interview??

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
Based on feedback from applicants across multiple forums seems there are 2 scenarios:

1. CIC on test day are all ok no indication of any issues and seemingly out of the blue you get a post test RQ.

2. CIC on test day ask for clarification to usually a travel related issue such as an undeclared travel, no passport, lack of ID, undeclared change of address, or any other flag and the OP can have a good idea that it may not be smooth sailing.

It all depends on your personal situation in relation to the Citizenship Act requirements so its hard to say what if anything is obvious other than an applicant personally getting a clear indication from CIC that there are inconsistencies which have not been satisfied.

Most applicants worry about a lengthy (IMHO 3+ months) timeline from test to oath but remember your checks may be expired and have to be re-run. When do yours expire?

No idea when my checks expire but should be valid for at least 7 to 8 months. Well then out of the blue post test RQ is the only one i guess...Hope no RQ. btw whats IMHO??

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called the call center and they said next step is Oath ceremony and it can take maximum of 6 months.

I asked if my application is approved and any docs needed etc etc, got little irritated and said i told you next step is oath ceremony lol.

So does it mean I am clear on Post Test RQ??? Seniors please...

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp said:
I called the call center and they said next step is Oath ceremony and it can take maximum of 6 months.

I asked if my application is approved and any docs needed etc etc, got little irritated and said i told you next step is oath ceremony lol.

So does it mean I am clear on Post Test RQ??? Seniors please...
Almost 6 months for me and I haven't heard anything. I think I'll get post-test RQ too. But so far - I havent heard anything. I requested ATIP notes and even those didn't shed any light on my file.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmm I believe your test was at Scarborough.

What did the agent say when you call them? That next step is Oath ceremony? If thats the case, then six months have passed for you.

What did the officer say or look during interview?

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp said:
Hmm I believe your test was at Scarborough.

What did the agent say when you call them? That next step is Oath ceremony? If thats the case, then six months have passed for you.

What did the officer say or look during interview?
6 months will pass on August 21. Different agents give different answers.
1. Normal timeframe is 24 months. So, if you don't hear from us in 24 months, call us.
or
2. You should definitely hear from us within 6 months of test (so, for you that'd be August 21). If you don't hear by that time, please call us and we can send a follow-up inquiry to your local office.
or
3. So far everything looks fine and your application is a routine application. Please be advised that routine applications can take upto 24 months.

That's all.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chrysss said:
6 months will pass on August 21. Different agents give different answers.
1. Normal timeframe is 24 months. So, if you don't hear from us in 24 months, call us.
or
2. You should definitely hear from us within 6 months of test (so, for you that'd be August 21). If you don't hear by that time, please call us and we can send a follow-up inquiry to your local office.
or
3. So far everything looks fine and your application is a routine application. Please be advised that routine applications can take upto 24 months.

That's all.
Just pray that you guys don't get RQ. My MP tpld me that RQ review waiting is minimum 12 to 18 Months: