+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post PPR Question (Passport Renewal)

Sherenk

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Hi Guys

My daughter's passport is going to expire in Jan and CIC requires 1 year validity. Do I need to inform them of change in passport since I will submit the new one to VFS?

If yes, then who do I inform?

Thanks!

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys

My daughter's passport is going to expire in Jan and CIC requires 1 year validity. Do I need to inform them of change in passport since I will submit the new one to VFS?

If yes, then who do I inform?

Thanks!
Where did you noticed this 1 year valid Passport clause? What are you timelines?

I submitted my application in mid-April with passport validity of my son till Nov. I finished IP1 on 28-June & received ADR on 4th July to send passport with mote than 6 months validity.

I have renewed Passport in June, however struggling to send it because of technical issues.

Sherenk

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Where did you noticed this 1 year valid Passport clause? What are you timelines?

I submitted my application in mid-April with passport validity of my son till Nov. I finished IP1 on 28-June & received ADR on 4th July to send passport with mote than 6 months validity.

I have renewed Passport in June, however struggling to send it because of technical issues.
In the email I received, it mentioned "Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter. "

So I am assuming it applies to everyone in application. Is that correct?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If names are
In the email I received, it mentioned "Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter. "

So I am assuming it applies to everyone in application. Is that correct?
You received PPR? If any specific name is not mentioned in letter then it might be applicable to all.

denapr

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Any specific name is not mentioned. Anyways I renewed the passport. Will send soon for stamping.
Congrats buddy. Hope you must have got your passport stamped by now.
Since you updated your passport post PPR, did you update CIC regarding same or just submitted your renewed passport to VFS for visa stamping.
I am in similar situation, hence this question.
Thanks!

provost

Feb 14, 2017
Congrats buddy. Hope you must have got your passport stamped by now.
Since you updated your passport post PPR, did you update CIC regarding same or just submitted your renewed passport to VFS for visa stamping.
I am in similar situation, hence this question.
Thanks!
I would advice you go ahead and renew passports, update CIC about same and send both old and new passports for stamping.

denapr

Star Member
May 9, 2017
I would advice you go ahead and renew passports, update CIC about same and send both old and new passports for stamping.
Thanks!
I had written to CIC to extend passport submission deadline as I wanted to renew my passport to which they have replied "as requested, your passport submission deadline extended by 1 month".
Now after renewal, do i need to update them again?
If yes, by email or CSE?

provost

Feb 14, 2017
Thanks!
I had written to CIC to extend passport submission deadline as I wanted to renew my passport to which they have replied "as requested, your passport submission deadline extended by 1 month".
Now after renewal, do i need to update them again?
If yes, by email or CSE?
Yes...you can update through both email and CSE...remember to send along a copy of the mail approving your extension for one month.