Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2010
LANDED..........
16-10-2010
I'm sorry but I would have to totally disagree. This forum has been a brilliant help when it came to filling in the mountains of paperwork. The knowledge and little pieces of advice along the way were of a great benefit and I managed to send in a 100 % complete application and received my passport request within 2.5 months (would've been quicker if it didn't take two weeks for the letter to arrive :)). The support form other forum members has been very comforting & I am so glad that I found it. :) :)

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
this forum has given me tonnes of ideas on information to submit however its given me some heartache over the fact that what i submitted previously to being on the forum might of been too little.

well i am glad i am here, i enjoy the banter and i learn alot! :)

AlanWales

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-09
File Transfer...
04-08-09
Med's Done....
15-06-09
Interview........
Not required.
Passport Req..
12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-09
LANDED..........
09-01-10
raucy said:
I'm sorry but I would have to totally disagree. This forum has been a brilliant help when it came to filling in the mountains of paperwork. The knowledge and little pieces of advice along the way were of a great benefit and I managed to send in a 100 % complete application and received my passport request within 2.5 months (would've been quicker if it didn't take two weeks for the letter to arrive :)). The support form other forum members has been very comforting & I am so glad that I found it. :) :)
Well we managed to send in a 100% conplete application without the "advice" of the forum and if we had seen some of the pictures on this site after we had sent ours in we would have felt like total failures, but we went through with no blips and would have potentially added another few months to the time before sending it, collating loads of unnecessary information. Now I am not saying that some people need to send in more than others, but people with a pretty much open and shut case, don't need to send in a box full of stuff. A little great evidence is better than a lot of repetitious stuff.

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
I kind of agree with AlanWales. This forum is great and has been extremely useful for helping me understand the process but if I had found it before I sent in my app, I would have freaked out and tried to scrape together a ton of extra information worried that it might not be enough. But what I had turned out to be fine.

Anyway my recommendation to everyone here is not to try to "keep up with the Joneses" but to just include whatever relevant information you have that might help the officer make a decision. If you're from an area with a lot of marriage fraud, you might want to include a little more. Otherwise, proof of daily contact, visits, and pictures of the wedding seems to be enough :)

jillandmat

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Costa Azul
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2010
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
File Transfer...
22/06/2010
Med's Done....
05/07/2010
I too agree... -- i mean its a good forum.. but when people see these pictures holy crapola!!

mine is nothing like that.. but we haven't been approved yet either.. so who knows right?
maybe bigger is better? :eek:

USA2BCCANADA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2010
Oregon, US
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2010
AOR Received.
01-09-2010
Med's Done....
01-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-9-2010
VISA ISSUED...
1-10-2010
LANDED..........
30-11-2010
I submitted my application before I discovered these threads and once I saw this thread about application sizes it made me VERY nervous! I had almost 10 years of a relationship to document and I came no where close to the boxes of papers other posters have had. I figured my process would take longer because they would have to ask for more proof, etc. Let's just say I was WAY wrong! My file was opened in Buffalo on Sept 1st and I received my PPR on Sep. 20th. All of my stressing was completely unnecessary!

Just a word to those following along in these forums, bigger is not always better and don't worry if your file doesn't look like the next guys file :)
Best of luck to everyone.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I am sorry if my picture scared away some people. That was not my intention and I feel horrible that I accidentally contributed to some of the fear. I think the main goal of the thread was interrupted wrong. I think it is good to post pictures but not based on size but to get an idea how people bundled theirs together and mailed it. Perhaps I got the wrong impression but that was the only reason I posted a pic of mine.

Also, my goal was not to have that big of an application but it just happened to be that way.
I just included evidence I found beneficial to our application and relationship. It just so happened that we had more than I thought but that doesn't mean that mine is any better. I just included everything for my sake of mind.

Just want people to know, the size of the application is not what matters. It is what is included and shown in it that is important. Plus how you organize it can help them to understand your story better. I think just as long as when you send off that application that you feel at least a bit confident in your evidence than you should be proud of yourself for doing what you have done. You just got through a hard hurdle and on your way to a happy life. So be proud of yourself. And remember it is the quality of the evidence that matters and also variety. If they need more, they will ask. :)

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
It's fun to see all the packages, thanks for putting up pictures everyone!

Our app was quite small but we covered all the points asked for thoroughly, and it took three months total to process. I think thoroughness and completeness are more important than size, though if you are from a "dodgy" country or have special circumstances then you should probably put in as much evidence as you can.

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
IrishApplicant said:
yours has to be the fastest app processing ever!

well done!

re: "I also posted it on Facebook to show friends and family just what I was complaining and whining so much about doing"

Thats kinda why I took those pics- not to lord it over people about size or any nonsense like that, but to show my family-friends etc what we've been dealing with.

They hear 'application' and think of something on the scale of applying for college - ie, a few pages...

HAH! :D

IA
Thank You, I am still in shock at how fast it was processed! Statistically applicants going through London are processed in 7 months on average (including sponsorship at CPC-M) mine was just short of 3 calender months..I Land on Wednesday! I think it may be because CIC already had a file on me and FOSS notes..I have been in Canada with my Husband for 5 years and had 4 Visitors Records Issued..

Good luck with your application :D :

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
raucy said:
I totally agree with you..people here have been a HUGE help...Not sure I would have succeeded in a fast processing without the help and support I received from posters on this forum... :D

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
britincanada said:
I totally agree with you..people here have been a HUGE help...Not sure I would have succeeded in a fast processing without the help and support I received from posters on this forum... :D
I'll "third" that - thank you everyone!

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
Hello everyone,

What a wonderful thread! It is so interesting and entertaining to see everyone's applications, so we decided to submit ours as well.

Take care!

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
Seeing all these photos is very entertaining. It makes me even more excited to ship my application off! Although I don’t know what I will do when it is finally finished and organized – it’s been ruling my life for so long!

B

boyee6576

Our application look just like yours hycore. :D .

I really think its not so much how much you send in that really is the deciding factor as most know we had to go the appeal, so it was not the amount. I think if you have good solid support for your relationship thats more important.

So for those that are worried about their "stack size". Remember is not the size that matters but the quality on the pages. Just a little appliction humour, and I stress, very little ;D

IrishApplicant

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 18th 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Interview........
not requested:)
Passport Req..
Feb 5th. 2010
AlanWales said:
Now I am not saying that some people need to send in more than others, but people with a pretty much open and shut case, don't need to send in a box full of stuff.
Ahhhh but theres the rub....how does one truly know if we have an 'open and shut case'?

Also, I have to avoid being called for an interview, due to the prohibitive cost of crossing the atlantic and back when one is already on a shoestring.

The GF can support us here in Canuckland no worries, but If i can avoid costing her the best part of 2k by sending in an extra 50+ pages (cos c. $10) then by golly that package is gonna grow! :)

Thence the body of evidence.

think I might put up a disclaimer in the first post, to stop people prematurely freaking out :) *EDIT* Nope, too late to modify!

IA