+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA Spouse PCC

eyts

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
hi, just have some questions regarding the PCC for my spouse. Will they find out that she has stayed to a country for more than 6 months if I did not indicate it in the profile and there was no evidence in her passport as well because she already renewed her passport twice, or should I still mention in the application and provide PCC.

Thanks in advance.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, they very well might. CIC doesn't just take your word for it - the background check accesses various databases that are available to international law enforcement agencies, and tracking a person's entry and exit from a country is pretty easy to check.Entry is much easier, some countries don't track exits, but they still know when you entered (unless you snuck in, of course)

If you don't mention it, and they find this during their background check, they might reject your application entirely for misrepresentation.

Don't take any chances with something like this. Add it to the application and get a PCC.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

eyts

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Yes, they very well might. CIC doesn't just take your word for it - the background check accesses various databases that are available to international law enforcement agencies, and tracking a person's entry and exit from a country is pretty easy to check.Entry is much easier, some countries don't track exits, but they still know when you entered (unless you snuck in, of course)

If you don't mention it, and they find this during their background check, they might reject your application entirely for misrepresentation.

Don't take any chances with something like this. Add it to the application and get a PCC.
Thanks for the information. The only issue is, it was in SG and as per her, she lost the details to her student permit as it was part of the school curriculum. Can I instead write an LOE explaining the situation to IRCC that it is not possible for her to acquire a PCC due to this.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If you have tried to get the PCC, and there's absolutely no way you can get it (you'll probably need SG to give you a refusal letter or something), then yes, an LOE would work.

Are you absolutely certain you can't get a PCC? Have you tried everything?

nitinvgarg

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hello Friends,

I have a question on my spouse PCC. I stayed in Abu Dhabi for more than six months. I have already got my PCC from there.

My wife stayed there for 5 months and 20 days. Is PCC required for her since she stayed less than 6 months?

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Hello Friends,

I have a question on my spouse PCC. I stayed in Abu Dhabi for more than six months. I have already got my PCC from there.

My wife stayed there for 5 months and 20 days. Is PCC required for her since she stayed less than 6 months?
It's better to get it to be on the safe side.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
She isn't required to get one, so you can submit your application without it. However, CIC has been known to ask for PCCs when stays are a few days short of 6 months, so it might make sense to get it. If CIC asks, they will give you extra time to get it, but your application will be paused till you send it.

If it's easy to get it, then get it. If not, then wait to be asked.