+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA Education Credentials Upload

munta_131

Nov 12, 2014
Dear Fellow Members,

I received ITA in the previous draw and had a few questions regarding Education credentials.

1. I completed a Master's degree from Canada and a Bachelor's from Bangladesh. I obtained points for the highest degree conferred which was the Master's. In the education upload section, should I upload my Bachelor's certificate in addition to the Master's certificate? I haven't done an ECA for my bachelor's as I know my highest degree is Master's and it does not require one.

2. For my Bachelor's degree, I have a provisional certificate and I haven't been able to collect the original certificate from my University the last time I traveled to Bangladesh. Will uploading a provisional certificate not be accepted? In any case, I did not claim points for this degree.

3. My spouse has a Bachelor's degree from Bangladesh and we did not claim any points for it as we did not do an ECA for her degree. She similarly has a provisional certificate and I was wondering if uploading this degree will be an issue?

Your feedback will be much appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Dear Fellow Members,

I received ITA in the previous draw and had a few questions regarding Education credentials.

1. I completed a Master's degree from Canada and a Bachelor's from Bangladesh. I obtained points for the highest degree conferred which was the Master's. In the education upload section, should I upload my Bachelor's certificate in addition to the Master's certificate? I haven't done an ECA for my bachelor's as I know my highest degree is Master's and it does not require one.

2. For my Bachelor's degree, I have a provisional certificate and I haven't been able to collect the original certificate from my University the last time I traveled to Bangladesh. Will uploading a provisional certificate not be accepted? In any case, I did not claim points for this degree.

3. My spouse has a Bachelor's degree from Bangladesh and we did not claim any points for it as we did not do an ECA for her degree. She similarly has a provisional certificate and I was wondering if uploading this degree will be an issue?

Your feedback will be much appreciated. Thank you!
Pushing this one up

My spouse is in the same situation as described in question 1 - she got master and bachelor degrees. ECA for master only. Master degree is put under education section (thus claiming points as my spouse) while bachelor was mentioned in personal history without claiming points.

Should we upload her bachelor's credentials into the system together with the master stuff?

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
You can give all educational history if you like. At the end of each degree it will ask if you have an ECA for it, and you can just say no.
Or, put only the ECA degree and the others in personal history. Option 1 is preferred according to me.

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
You can give all educational history if you like. At the end of each degree it will ask if you have an ECA for it, and you can just say no.
Or, put only the ECA degree and the others in personal history. Option 1 is preferred according to me.
Thanks for chipping in! However the question here is not where to put the educational history though. It's rather on whether to upload the scanned copies of educational credentials that we volunteered in personal history but do not claim points.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Thanks for chipping in! However the question here is not where to put the educational history though. It's rather on whether to upload the scanned copies of educational credentials that we volunteered in personal history but do not claim points.
Oh ok, my bad. Well, it never hurts to give extra information I guess.

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Oh ok, my bad. Well, it never hurts to give extra information I guess.
That's true and a good rule of thumb. I was just thinking about the risk of providing unnecessary documents only to create extra trouble (such as scanning error, color vs. b&w, etc.), which might cause rejection.