+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA !! Doubts/Questions

shrik_14

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hey guys,

I had finished submitting all the documents on may 18th after receiving my ITA. This is the current status now

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Not applicable.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

My doubts:

1) When can i start seeing changes in the status?

2) I have an overall experience of 3 years and 2 months and have been working at my company's client location for the past 1 year and 3 months. The roles and responsibilities I have been given in the client company matches the NOC when compared to the roles i was handling in my parent company which only matches partially. I have however got reference letters from my managers both in my parent company as well as the client. Will the visa officer call both my companies for background checks? I am in the HR profession and my managers will mostly be on calls or in meetings and may not be able to attend calls in case the officer call them on their desk phones. I have provided both the mobile and desk numbers in the reference letters. Will they call them on their mobile phones in case they are not picking up their desk phones?

3) How long will the whole process take for the embassy to decide on the final status?

4) Assuming I get the green signal and head to Canada, is there a particular time frame within which i should be able to get a job in my NOC?

Thanks in advance for the inputs !

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I had finished submitting all the documents on may 18th after receiving my ITA. This is the current status now

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Not applicable.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

My doubts:

1) When can i start seeing changes in the status?

2) I have an overall experience of 3 years and 2 months and have been working at my company's client location for the past 1 year and 3 months. The roles and responsibilities I have been given in the client company matches the NOC when compared to the roles i was handling in my parent company which only matches partially. I have however got reference letters from my managers both in my parent company as well as the client. Will the visa officer call both my companies for background checks? I am in the HR profession and my managers will mostly be on calls or in meetings and may not be able to attend calls in case the officer call them on their desk phones. I have provided both the mobile and desk numbers in the reference letters. Will they call them on their mobile phones in case they are not picking up their desk phones?

3) How long will the whole process take for the embassy to decide on the final status?

4) Assuming I get the green signal and head to Canada, is there a particular time frame within which i should be able to get a job in my NOC?

Thanks in advance for the inputs !
I am assuming you are FSW-O:

1. From the date you submit they first changes will be from 55 - 65 days. (Medical Pass normally)
2. They won't call. If in doubts they will ask more documentation. I am not sure but in rare case they will contact by email or by Mail so as to attach the response on your file.
3. 80% cases will be finalize within 6 months.
4. Depends upon, how you hunt, where you hunt. Which province you are settling. Your NOC. and list of factors goes on. No one can answer this question. The best person to ask this question is Your ownself :)

G Luck

Reactions: shrik_14

shrik_14

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
I am assuming you are FSW-O:

1. From the date you submit they first changes will be from 55 - 65 days. (Medical Pass normally)
2. They won't call. If in doubts they will ask more documentation. I am not sure but in rare case they will contact by email or by Mail so as to attach the response on your file.
3. 80% cases will be finalize within 6 months.
4. Depends upon, how you hunt, where you hunt. Which province you are settling. Your NOC. and list of factors goes on. No one can answer this question. The best person to ask this question is Your ownself :)

G Luck
I have applied under NOC 1223. the reason why i asked question 4 is because I did my masters in AUstralia and since HR is not a part of the skill shortage list, i couldn't extend my visa to stay back after my masters. And secondly in order to get PR there, the applicant has to get a job in the profession they have applied, hence my doubt about getting a job in my NOC.

Thanks for the reply by the way

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
I have applied under NOC 1223. the reason why i asked question 4 is because I did my masters in AUstralia and since HR is not a part of the skill shortage list, i couldn't extend my visa to stay back after my masters. And secondly in order to get PR there, the applicant has to get a job in the profession they have applied, hence my doubt about getting a job in my NOC.

There is no such restriction in Canada.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017

To echo what was said above - there's absolutely no requirement to get a job in your NOC (or to get a job, for that matter) once you get your PR.

shrik_14

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Another question, at any point will I be asked to send the hard copy of the documents to Canada and if yes, what are the documents?

shrik_14

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
No.

Everything is done electronically.
what about the photo? I went to a photo studio, altered the dimensions as per the CIC requirements and uploaded it. I am assuming the name, DOB and the studio details is required only if you are scanning a printed photo and uploading right?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what about the photo? I went to a photo studio, altered the dimensions as per the CIC requirements and uploaded it. I am assuming the name, DOB and the studio details is required only if you are scanning a printed photo and uploading right?
For the digital photo all those things (DOB, name, studio details) aren't required.

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
For the digital photo all those things (DOB, name, studio details) aren't required.
Hello, Please while filling the personal history, how do i mention travels that occur simultaneous with study? Eg while a student in the caribbean, I take a trip to the US for 2 weeks, where do I mention it, there is no activity listed as 'vacation' there?

Thank you.

Reactions: Abuzii

walk_2_canada

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
@shrik_14 sorry to hijack your post. I too have a question.

I am almost ready to complete my Express entry application (waiting for WES). But even if I apply by July I am not in a position to make entry to Canada by January 2018. My points are above 420, I expect to be cleared by August (as per the current trend).
Rephrasing what i need to ask, how much time can I wait to make an entry to Canada after my ITA is done ?

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
Hello, Please while filling the personal history, how do i mention travels that occur simultaneous with study? Eg while a student in the caribbean, I take a trip to the US for 2 weeks, where do I mention it, there is no activity listed as 'vacation' there?

Thank you.
Please help!

shrik_14

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
It has taken roughly 45 days for the medical status to get updated:

Application status We are processing your application: We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Reactions: CooperStation22

kenyk

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Dear members,

I have my Police clearence certificate(PCC) issued May 1st week. The expiry is July 1st week. My AOR is June 1st. Do i need to raise a CSE with the latest PCC.

Regards,
kenyk