+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA Documents (e-APR)

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
I am preparing the post ITA documents before submitting my e-APR. Most of the new applicants have many doubts in these documents and I am no different.
I intend to have this thread as the one stop solution for all post ITA related documentation query and would like healthy response from sr. members to resolve our queries.

Now after starting the post ITA application and filling up the basic information details (some of these details already filled in and taken from the EE profile), the applicant is presented with the mandatory documentation for the e-APR application.
The mandatory documentation and the doubts I have about the submission are below.
Forum members are requested to kindly provide their expertise while answering the queries for the benefit of rest of us.

Document 1: Passport/Travel Documents (Multiple)
a. As per my understanding, one needs to provide the colored scans of the first & last page of their passport here. Please confirm.
b. Do we need to notarize these scans before uploading?

Document 2: Proof of Medical Exam
a. CIC has given a template in which we need to provide the info. The designated doctors can perform the medical exam and provide the full report and also can give info in the CIC prescribed format which we need to upload after taking the colored scan. Please confirm.
b. The medical certificate needs to have the stamp (hospital/doctor) and sign(doctor).
b. Do we need to notarize these scan before uploading?

Document 3: Education (Diplomas/Degrees) (Multiple)
a. Do we need to upload the semester wise mark sheets of the degree or the final degree colored scan with result will suffice here?
b. Do we need to scan and upload the ECS validation sheet as well?

Document 4: Employment Records
a. Colored scans of the Proof of employment on the company letter head that the person is part of said organization since said date. This proof will be signed by the HR. Does this proof need to be stamped as well?
What if the proof is digitally signed and not stamped?
b. A separate notarized document giving details of the duties performed and the designation held in the organization. This will be signed by manager or colleague along with their company id and visiting card.
Since companies do not provide details in the CIC prescribed format so this needs to be done. This will be explained in the LoE as well.
c. Any other document (apart from above) to be shown for the employment record?
d. Do we need to get the PoE letter notarize as well?

Document 5: Police Certificates (Multiple)
a. Colored scans of the Police clearance certificate. The template is based on the country/region you are applying from and can vary.

Document 6: Proof of Means of Financial Support (Multiple)
a. Scans of the 6 months bank statement.
b. Can I also show the scans of all the FDs/MFs or other time bound deposits done on my name?
c. How to show the proof of financial support from family members (Father/Mother). I am aware the one needs to get the money shown as gift from parents or family members but not sure how to go about it. Please guide.
d. Do we need to get these scans notarized as well?

Document 7: Digital Photo
I think this one is no brainer and one needs to provide the color digital photo in the prescribed format and DPI resolution. Please let me know in case there is any catch here.

I know these are a lot of questions but the truth is every applicant has these questions and once these are solved, I am sure 90% of the ITA documentation related doubts will be cleared automatically. I sincerely hope that if Sr. members provide in-depth details on these queries, we might get this post as sticky for everyone else benefits.
Looking forward for the guidance and support as always..

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am preparing the post ITA documents before submitting my e-APR. Most of the new applicants have many doubts in these documents and I am no different.
I intend to have this thread as the one stop solution for all post ITA related documentation query and would like healthy response from sr. members to resolve our queries.

Now after starting the post ITA application and filling up the basic information details (some of these details already filled in and taken from the EE profile), the applicant is presented with the mandatory documentation for the e-APR application.
The mandatory documentation and the doubts I have about the submission are below.
Forum members are requested to kindly provide their expertise while answering the queries for the benefit of rest of us.

Document 1: Passport/Travel Documents (Multiple)
a. As per my understanding, one needs to provide the colored scans of the first & last page of their passport here. Please confirm.
Yes and other pages with entry/exit stamps, observations, forex etc.
Under normal circumstances NO.

Document 2: Proof of Medical Exam
a. CIC has given a template in which we need to provide the info. The designated doctors can perform the medical exam and provide the full report and also can give info in the CIC prescribed format which we need to upload after taking the colored scan. Please confirm.
The doctor will just give you the sheet of generally 2 pages which you will scan & upload. Or the doctor may even give you the report in pdf by email.
b. The medical certificate needs to have the stamp (hospital/doctor) and sign(doctor).
My eMedical report doesnt have any.
b. Do we need to notarize these scan before uploading?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/few-doubts-before-i-book-upfront-medical-t483265.0.html

Document 3: Education (Diplomas/Degrees) (Multiple)
a. Do we need to upload the semester wise mark sheets of the degree or the final degree colored scan with result will suffice here?
Final marksheet & final degree award certificate.
b. Do we need to scan and upload the ECS validation sheet as well?
ECA report + IELTS report.

Document 4: Employment Records
a. Colored scans of the Proof of employment on the company letter head that the person is part of said organization since said date. This proof will be signed by the HR. Does this proof need to be stamped as well?
What if the proof is digitally signed and not stamped?
b. A separate notarized document giving details of the duties performed and the designation held in the organization. This will be signed by manager or colleague along with their company id and visiting card.
Since companies do not provide details in the CIC prescribed format so this needs to be done. This will be explained in the LoE as well.
c. Any other document (apart from above) to be shown for the employment record?
d. Do we need to get the PoE letter notarize as well?
No knowledge so no comment.

Document 5: Police Certificates (Multiple)
a. Colored scans of the Police clearance certificate. The template is based on the country/region you are applying from and can vary.
YES Colored scans

Document 6: Proof of Means of Financial Support (Multiple)
a. Scans of the 6 months bank statement.
Stamped, signed etc as per your bank rules.
b. Can I also show the scans of all the FDs/MFs or other time bound deposits done on my name?
No knowledge so no comment.
c. How to show the proof of financial support from family members (Father/Mother). I am aware the one needs to get the money shown as gift from parents or family members but not sure how to go about it. Please guide.
Paper trail of how when where the gift from family was made to you.
d. Do we need to get these scans notarized as well?
Under normal circumstances NO. (generally when one is not showing any gifts)

But local laws have different names for the legal doc so you have contact your local legal expert to get the gift legalized which may involve the original document to be notarized.

Document 7: Digital Photo
I think this one is no brainer and one needs to provide the color digital photo in the prescribed format and DPI resolution. Please let me know in case there is any catch here.
Click on the i logo on the right hand side to check the requirements at the time of upload.( you will see it after you complete your application details & a document upload list is prepared.)

I know these are a lot of questions but the truth is every applicant has these questions and once these are solved, I am sure 90% of the ITA documentation related doubts will be cleared automatically. I sincerely hope that if Sr. members provide in-depth details on these queries, we might get this post as sticky for everyone else benefits.
Looking forward for the guidance and support as always..

Last edited:

min1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Hi Kindly guide i went for a short 1 week tour to europe(schengen visa) from India i travelled first to france then came back from zurich ,my exit from zurich and departure from delhi is stamped but arrival in france is NOT stamped.it was a group tour may be they missed it but in my spouse passport it is stamped .will this cause any problem .will uploading anyother like flight ticket etc ill help or is that necessary.Kindly reply it urgent

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi Kindly guide i went for a short 1 week tour to europe(schengen visa) from India i travelled first to france then came back from zurich ,my exit from zurich and departure from delhi is stamped but arrival in france is NOT stamped.it was a group tour may be they missed it but in my spouse passport it is stamped .will this cause any problem .will uploading anyother like flight ticket etc ill help or is that necessary.Kindly reply it urgent
Just mention France in your travel history. You should be good.

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
I would mention start and end dates of your trip and list all the countries you visited. Call it holiday/vacation round trip or something like that. This is what I did when I went to 3 countries on one trip. I haven't submitted my application yet so I can't say whether it will work or not.

Reactions: min1

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
FD's are accepted as proof of funds but you need to get a letter from bank stating that the FD can be liquidated at any time.

MF/stocks and shares are not accepted and should be liquidated first and sale receipt should be produced against shares (contract note or sale note given by stock broker)

Reactions: min1

Khaja Zeeshan

May 26, 2017
Hi - I am the spouse and not a primary applicant from india, currently I do not have convocation for my graduation. Is it mandatory for me to get convocation. I am trying to get it from university but that might take time. Primary applicant has all docs n Wes done. We did not claim any points for spouse education. We have an invite on May 4. Please advise

Kris233

Star Member
May 4, 2017
1st and last page of the passport? Where does it say that?

It just mentions a colour scan of the bio page and pages with visa stamps.

There needs to be a consensus on this

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
1st and last page of the passport? Where does it say that?

It just mentions a colour scan of the bio page and pages with visa stamps.

There needs to be a consensus on this
The first and last page is usually the bio page in some passports. And in some cases, the first page has a stamp too which needs to be uploaded.

Kris233

Star Member
May 4, 2017
The first and last page is usually the bio page in some passports. And in some cases, the first page has a stamp too which needs to be uploaded.
Ahh my passport at the back is just a just of parents and emergency contacts. Ive uploaded both bio pages, current and old passports and allvisa stamps. Im hopjng tgat