+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

bluebroccoli

Sep 20, 2016
@thestarfire,

I applied for PGWP Aug 26, application refused September 29th because my study permit had expired when I applied, and I did not apply for status restoration and study permit extension.

Reapplied September 30th for Study permit extension, status restoration, and PGWP. Now waiting.

Good luck!

thestarfire

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
02-03-2017
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
pending
LANDED..........
pending
bluebroccoli said:
@thestarfire,

I applied for PGWP Aug 26, application refused September 29th because my study permit had expired when I applied, and I did not apply for status restoration and study permit extension.

Reapplied September 30th for Study permit extension, status restoration, and PGWP. Now waiting.

Good luck!
Good luck!
So that means the applications submitted on 28th august should be processed by now :( I called the cic call centre but they are saying they are processing august 19 pgwp applications and can't say anything else. The processing time on their website hasn't been updated since 23rd September. Any suggestions how can I get an update on my application or waiting is the only way left?

thestarfire

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
02-03-2017
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
pending
LANDED..........
pending
Any updates?

JA.SM

Sep 30, 2016
August 24th: Online Application submitted inside Canada.
September 26th: Application was approved and permit came in the following week.

In total, it took 32 days for my PGWP application to be approved.

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Congratulations on the approval! I applied in the third week of September. It has almost been a month. I really hope it comes soon.
Thank you for the update. All the very best.

epsilon42

Jul 8, 2016
epsilon42 said:
Bit late here, but I have the same issue as the two of you -- got a 1-year PGWP after two 1-year programs. I was worried at first, even after talking to CIC, but calmed down after reading about other people on this forum getting it fixed. Totally agree with the randomness of it: some of my friends with two 1-year programs got 3-year PGWPs.

Anyway, just need to wait two more months (my approval and complaint were exactly a month ago). Hope it's fixed soon.
An update on my situation:

I did two one-year programs from different colleges.
Applied for PGWP: June 5
Approved: July 8 (only 1-year permit instead of 3 years)
Called CIC: July 8 (they said to wait 3 months to have it reviewed)
Called CIC again: October 13 (three months passed but no action was taken; agent said an officer will look at my file in 5 business days)
Approved: October 20 (finally received 3-year PGWP)

For those with this problem: Don't worry. Just make sure you call them. It's a nerve-wracking wait, but they will almost always fix it.
For those with two one-year programs: It would be a good idea to include a letter of explanation in your application, clearly stating that you studied for two years and are requesting a 3-year permit.

Good luck to everyone waiting. :)

JA.SM

Sep 30, 2016
Bend said:
Congratulations on the approval! I applied in the third week of September. It has almost been a month. I really hope it comes soon.
Thank you for the update. All the very best.
Hi Bend,

Thank you! If you applied online and inside Canada, I'm guessing your permit results should be coming around the third week or fourth week of October! Though it could be sooner or later, hard to know. Good luck and keep us posted :)

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
JA.SM said:
Hi Bend,

Thank you! If you applied online and inside Canada, I'm guessing your permit results should be coming around the third week or fourth week of October! Though it could be sooner or later, hard to know. Good luck and keep us posted :)
Thank you JA.SM. I will :) I have applied online and inside Canada too. I hope it does JA.SM.

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Update: My PGWP application has been approved, touchwood touchwood. I am yet to get any message and or details. Thank you to all for the messages and updates, they really helped me. All the best!

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Hey guys, I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me how long does it take to receive a paper version?

Thank you so much!

bb_g07

Oct 4, 2015
Bend said:
Hey guys, I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me how long does it take to receive a paper version?

Thank you so much!
Hi Bend, I got mine after 5 business days. :)