+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

Whey

Dec 25, 2015
Any news from people who applied in mid-february?
I applied on March 15th and just received the email approval, but I have a friend who applied on February 19th who is still waiting.

nxg

Jun 28, 2014
Congrats! Seems it is a matter of luck. I applied on 20 January and still awaiting news on my application!!!

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hey guys, I'm happy to share with you that I finally received my post-graduate work permit for 3 years after initially getting it for one year. CIC replied to the note for reconsideration put up by da call centre agent. So, I didn't re-apply my PGWP.

jade1289

Apr 29, 2016
nxg said:
Congrats! Seems it is a matter of luck. I applied on 20 January and still awaiting news on my application!!!
I'm in same boat.
Applied on Jan 20.

2 no updates and I blank update so far. Hope they get back to us asap.
Have you called call centre?

chen0_0

Apr 29, 2016
Hi guys,
just wanna share this

apply: Feb 18
got update: Request transcript April 25
Approved: April 28
:-* :-*

nxg

Jun 28, 2014
Hi,
Yeah. I have called the call centre and provided my application details.

Now awaiting the update. Hoping for the best. Fingers crossed! Good luck

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumar_naresh1997 said:
Hi friends
Can students completing a two year diploma program like LPN from private post secondary institutes like Sprott Shaw College Abbotsford be eligible to receive 3 years post graduate work permit from CIC?
Please advise.
Kumar_naresh1997,

Yes its a big possibility for you to get a 3 years PGWP. However, before you apply for a PGWP, make sure to get an upfront medical exam report from an IRCC (formerly CIC) certified physician. Then submit your PGWP application with your medical report.

Here is why? If you don't submit a medical report you will still get a PGWP, but it will have conditions that don't allow you to work in the health science field. This means that you will have to go through the process all over again to get a PGWP that allows you to work in your field.

Please read all the important info and all the links in it at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp
After reading all including instructions then find a panel physician at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx and select Canada and click go. Then choose a province and click go. A list of IRCC panel physicians will be displayed and you can choose whichever you want or closest to you. Phone them and make an appointment. Fees are determined by the physician not IRCC. Just as an idea, budget around $275 or more for your medical and $255 for your PGWP.

To have a better timing, go for the medical 1-2 months before you graduate. Why? Because in addition to getting a copy of your medical report, the panel physician will also have to send an eMedical report to IRCC. It can take 1-3 months for IRCC to accept the results and then process your PGWP.

I hope this helps.

Cheers and good luck!

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jade1289 said:
I'm in same boat.
Applied on Jan 20.

Hopefully you will receive it this May. Took me 4 months to get my PGWP

teexzle

Jan 10, 2013
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar 9, 2016
Nomination.....
July 21, 2016
AOR Received.
September 12, 2016
Med's Done....
August 29, 2016
Passport Req..
January 19, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 29, 2017
LANDED..........
Feberuary 5, 2017
Hello Everyone,

The approval of my PGWP came to me as a shock today May 4th 2016 (9 DAYS Processing Time).

I applied April 25th 2016 and I got my 3 years PGWP, i got 2 empty update before today.

MY story;

I started my international student journey in sept 2014, i finished my first Program in IT in June 2015. in order to benefit from a longer pgwp, i enrolled in an Administrative Course in Sept 2015 and finished last week in march (abt 7 months).

to be sincere i wasn't expecting it to come this early..but am grateful to God, i was also scared that i will be getting 18 months because of the length of my study.

Lena_4

May 5, 2016
Hi Folks

I'm planning on coming to Canada to study for one year and then get a 1 year pgwp after. Can anybody tell me whether I'm allowed to travel outside Canada (-> go back to my home country) while waiting for my approval?
And second question once I get my work permit, does the validation time of it starts right away or not until I enter the county?

The reason I'm asking is I will need to go back to Switzerland (after studying in Canada) for one year again to finish my studies there, do you think its possible to enter Canada after that year on the pgwp?

Thanks, you help is highly appreciated!
:D

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats. Do you get the job?
teexzle said:
Hello Everyone,

The approval of my PGWP came to me as a shock today May 4th 2016 (9 DAYS Processing Time).

I applied April 25th 2016 and I got my 3 years PGWP, i got 2 empty update before today.

MY story;

I started my international student journey in sept 2014, i finished my first Program in IT in June 2015. in order to benefit from a longer pgwp, i enrolled in an Administrative Course in Sept 2015 and finished last week in march (abt 7 months).

to be sincere i wasn't expecting it to come this early..but am grateful to God, i was also scared that i will be getting 18 months because of the length of my study.

nxg

Jun 28, 2014
jade1289 said:
I'm in same boat.
Applied on Jan 20.

Hi jade1289,
Any update regarding your pgwp?

I applied as the same time as you and still waiting.

yueyue

May 9, 2016
Hello everyone,

I submitted my PGWP together with my son's visitor extension (minor dependent) on February 29. Except for 2 blank updates on March 01&02, and 2 no updates on March 29 &
April 29. Nothing new, still waiting for the approval. Does anybody in same boat?

mek85

Aug 5, 2015
manz26 said:
Applied on May 3, 2016
Got an e-mail yesterday i.e. May 13, 2016, saying your application has been updated.

Application Status: Closed
Final Decision: Approved

Total Processing Time: 11 Days

>> I am still waiting for the approval pdf. I wonder how many day it take for CIC to e-mail applicants? Can anyone help?
Hi Manz26,

great to heard that your application is approved. great relief after waiting for it. As you mentioned that you received it in total 11 days, first of all is a great to get in such a short time of period. my question is that i am following this forum regularly and you mentioned in this thread that you applied in early April.

manz26
Ratings: +0

Re: Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time
« Reply #466 on: May 11, 2016, 11:16:04 am »

Anyone who applied early April and still waiting for the approval?

And in another thread heading with"Please clear my doubt regarding OINP?" you mentioned that you have already applied for PGWP. That posted on April 20,2016 so you might have applied on or before April 20,2016.

manz26
Ratings: +0

Please clear my doubt regarding OINP?
« on: April 20, 2016, 10:04:59 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
I am a recent university graduate and have already applied for a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). I was wondering if I can apply for OINP, while I await the decision over my PGWP ?

Or shall I wait until the decision over PGWP is made?

Regards!!

So brother according to your latest statement about 11 days in approval & your previous statements in April make some confusions to other follow students who are eagerly waiting for their PGWP. would you please elaborate little about it? it would be helpful to other members in this forum to track real processing time of PGWP. hope you will not take it personally.