Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my approval today.
However, instead of getting 3 years work permit, i got 1.5 year work permit because my passport is going to expire in 2017.
Sucks.

Diana Nguyen

Jan 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
My online PGWP was submitted 18 Sept, 2015. I got request from CIC on 8 Jan asking for additional document which was Completion of Studies Letter. I uploaded the letter on 12 Jan and on the screen it said Provided. Deadline for me to upload the letter is 15/1/2016

In MyCIC account screen, it says " Once you've uploaded the document(s) requested, you will receive a confirmation message in your MyCIC account."

However, I have not received the confirmation message as of today 15 Jan, which I assumed the system would have automatically generated once I successfully uploaded the document. I called the CIC call agent, they checked and said that they saw the document uploaded but could not understand why I received no confirmation message, and also said it has been their first time hearing the problem - no confirmation message.

I desperately need the PGWP. Any observations/sharing or advice is greatly appreciated!

Mohitalodhia

Jan 9, 2016
Applied on aug. 20 2015.
Few blank updates and other monthly updates.
Status still open doesnt need any documents.
Approx time waited till now 5 months.
Is there anyone else who applied before me and still waiting or closer to me. Let me know your updates.

Salo7ee

Jan 16, 2016
pankaj281 said:
I got my approval today.
However, instead of getting 3 years work permit, i got 1.5 year work permit because my passport is going to expire in 2017.
Sucks.
You can get the other 1.5 when you renew your passport

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mohitalodhia said:
Applied on aug. 20 2015.
Few blank updates and other monthly updates.
Status still open doesnt need any documents.
Approx time waited till now 5 months.
Is there anyone else who applied before me and still waiting or closer to me. Let me know your updates.
Hey man
I applied the same day as you did.
Got approval jan 13.
I think you would get your approval soon enough.
Keep checking the application status, sometimes the status gets changed before email notification is sent out.
Good luck.

Mohitalodhia

Jan 9, 2016
Thanx yeh hope the status changes soon i keep checking it twice a day. Its on same day so guess they should be smwhere around my application.
One more thing i dont think they count saturday and sundays and stat holidays for the processing times. As i have a friend she got her approval after 5 months applied on july 31st 15 and received on 31st dec 15 for 3 full years.

And congrats to you use the tume wisely. See you during the p.r waiting period haha..

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
these people are really slow.

back then the processing time was 120 days, now it is 132 days. wow. hire more incompetent people.

dbawa

Jan 18, 2016
Hello

I applied my Post Graduate work permit on May 16th.
I paid my $100 for open work permit on November 27th and upload receipt on mycic but its still under process and it shows "open" status of my application. I called CIC on 4th January and they told me to wait.

What is the solution for this i am waiting from last 8 months??

thanks

Mohitalodhia

Jan 9, 2016
Well you are strong to wait for this long. They might be waiting to verify some of your information. As all the pgwps are hybrid none of them are same every person has its own file and personal history. Hold on and wait thers nothing much any of us can do except to call them and hear the same answer all time to wait. Good luck

ujont

Jan 7, 2016
dbawa said:
Hello

I applied my Post Graduate work permit on May 16th.
I paid my $100 for open work permit on November 27th and upload receipt on mycic but its still under process and it shows "open" status of my application. I called CIC on 4th January and they told me to wait.

What is the solution for this i am waiting from last 8 months??

thanks
8 months is long, I would go to my local mp and complain.

dbawa

Jan 18, 2016
Mohitalodhia said:
Well you are strong to wait for this long. They might be waiting to verify some of your information. As all the pgwps are hybrid none of them are same every person has its own file and personal history. Hold on and wait thers nothing much any of us can do except to call them and hear the same answer all time to wait. Good luck
Thanks Mohit but today i called them they told me that your file was refused because i upload the receipt late but in my CIC account it still shows "open".
The agent told me to wait because he forward the request to senior agent.

So i am eligible to reapply because my file is still in "open" status.

thanks

Nad86

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
faisalfahmad said:
Immigration consultant at my university told me yesterday that some of the students received PGWP in less than a month recently. He said he does not know if these are one of cases or CIC is actually trying to speed up things.

I haven't personally seen any such person. Has anyone here heard of something similar ?
Hi. I am not sure if anybody has recently checked CIC website or not but now it says the work permit applications will be processed within a month. Previously, there was no category listed as "work permit" when checking the processing times but now "work permit" category is defined separately and the processing time is just one month.

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Nad86 said:
Hi. I am not sure if anybody has recently checked CIC website or not but now it says the work permit applications will be processed within a month. Previously, there was no category listed as "work permit" when checking the processing times but now "work permit" category is defined separately and the processing time is just one month.
you need to check the 'work permit extension (new employer)' or 'work permit extension (same employer) categories' for the real timelines, which say it's taking 132 days currently.

Nad86

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
ndrs11 said:
you need to check the 'work permit extension (new employer)' or 'work permit extension (same employer) categories' for the real timelines, which say it's taking 132 days currently.
Why should it be called extension when this is the first time we want to apply for work permit?