+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post graduate workpermit extension issued till passport expiry date

chaitanya1837

Oct 17, 2012
I studied a 2 year program in a cic designated institute in Toronto Initially got my PGWP till my passport expiry date for 17 months, later I applied for extension after my passport renewal but got extension only for 6 more months so I totally got 2 year 2 months of work permit. I am eligible for getting a full 3 year workpermit for 2 year(4 semester) canadian education which all my international classmates in my class got. Did any anyone face such situation? what are the chances of getting extension if I apply for extension again to get remaining 10 months?

ndyboy

Jul 28, 2016
According to CIC website, you must ensure your validity of your passport is longer than the PGWP expiry date, otherwise, CIC will issue you the earliest date. You can only apply PGWP once a lifetime. I would suggest that you start preparing Work Permit application few months prior to your PGWP expiry.

Julie1997

Jul 7, 2017
According to CIC website, you must ensure your validity of your passport is longer than the PGWP expiry date, otherwise, CIC will issue you the earliest date. You can only apply PGWP once a lifetime. I would suggest that you start preparing Work Permit application few months prior to your PGWP expiry.
I studied a 2 year program in a cic designated institute in Toronto Initially got my PGWP till my passport expiry date for 17 months, later I applied for extension after my passport renewal but got extension only for 6 more months so I totally got 2 year 2 months of work permit. I am eligible for getting a full 3 year workpermit for 2 year(4 semester) canadian education which all my international classmates in my class got. Did any anyone face such situation? what are the chances of getting extension if I apply for extension again to get remaining 10 months?
Hi Chaitanya1837!

I am in the same position.

In how many months, have you completed your 2 years program, please confirm.

regards,

Julie