+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit?

ashmitpatel

Oct 16, 2011
If I apply for 1 year PG-Diploma which gives me an option for 1 year of PGWP. What if I apply for another PG-Diploma right after my first diploma is over, Do I get 3 years of PGWP?

Please Reply with options available.

ome700

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad,Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not Yet
LANDED..........
After Visa
ashmitpatel said:
If I apply for 1 year PG-Diploma which gives me an option for 1 year of PGWP. What if I apply for another PG-Diploma right after my first diploma is over, Do I get 3 years of PGWP?

Please Reply with options available.
Hopefully Yes, Typically students got 3 years PGWP after completing 2-year Study program either 2 year program or 1+1 year program.

ezekhi

May 18, 2012
Hello,

I just recently graduated from a 4 year program in university and I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of work they need in the Canadian experience class. It says on the CIC website that "Those who gain at least one year of work experience in managerial, professional or technical positions can apply for permanent residence."

My question is that I do not have any work experience in Canada but my aim to is to start looking for work. Does this work have to be full-time? Or does part-time work in these professions work too? I know some other programs require full-time employment for one year but is this different? Any kind of clarification would be helpful.

Thank you.

ome700

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad,Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not Yet
LANDED..........
After Visa
ezekhi said:
Hello,

I just recently graduated from a 4 year program in university and I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of work they need in the Canadian experience class. It says on the CIC website that "Those who gain at least one year of work experience in managerial, professional or technical positions can apply for permanent residence."

My question is that I do not have any work experience in Canada but my aim to is to start looking for work. Does this work have to be full-time? Or does part-time work in these professions work too?

I know some other programs require full-time employment for one year but is this different? Any kind of clarification would be helpful.

Thank you.
1 > You need to have worked 1950 hours either part time or Full time on your post-grad permit.
2 > You need to have worked a minimum 52 weeks / 1 year.
3 > Time worked on an off-campus permit does not count.

H

HBK

ezekhi said:
Hello,

My question is that I do not have any work experience in Canada but my aim to is to start looking for work. Does this work have to be full-time? Or does part-time work in these professions work too? I know some other programs require full-time employment for one year but is this different? Any kind of clarification would be helpful.

Thank you.
HI,
To apply under CEC. Your job skill must fall under NOC code 0,A,B. atleast of 1 year.