+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing times !!! Need immediate advice

pokeyoke_info

May 29, 2015
I am currently on a study permit which is valid until 31 st of July, I do have a full-time job as well. I have not applied for my PGWP as I am awaiting the notification mail from my school that states that I have met my requirement for graduation. I have two concerns, listed below.

1) I am hoping to receive my graduation notification letter from school by next week. which leaves me with two months of time to get a decision on my PGWP. As per my understanding, I switch over to implied status. As per CIC, I am still eligible to work until the decision is taken, Employers are however reluctant on taking a stand on this issue. Processing times have exponentially risen to 77 days leaving a lot of jobs at stake. What could be the best approach to deal with this situation, would CIC provide anything in Black and white, with which candidates like me could secure our jobs?

2) I wish to travel back to my home country for two weeks during this phase, would I be allowed to return back or I have to apply for a specific Visa in order to re-enter the country? I can think of TRV, but unsure about the validity of it, whether the validity of TRV would be only until my study permit or I can have an extended period in case I wish to travel outside the country.

I would appreciate, if anyone can advise me on it. Would be glad to have a discussion on this thread with individuals going through a similar situation.

Awaiting responses.

Thanks,

Poke Yoke.

Pures Toro

Star Member
May 8, 2015
Dear Friend,

Firstly call your college to ask the status of your transcripts. The grace of 90 days starts from the day your Transcript is printed and not in your hand.

Please apply the PGWP as soon as you get your documents from the college (Transcripts, Confirmation of Graduation letter / Diploma or Certificate)

Traveling after application of PGWP is not advised. No TRV will be issued to you before your status change. Please do not try travelling with out a valid VISA as you access back to the country can be denied.

There is a statement on CIC's website that an International student is permitted to work in Canada till a decision is reached on his/her status.
But Employers in Canada do not consider that an official permit to work. So it is going to be hard. There is no Black and white to help you out on that front.

jay9091

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Pures Toro said:
Dear Friend,

Firstly call your college to ask the status of your transcripts. The grace of 90 days starts from the day your Transcript is printed and not in your hand.

Please apply the PGWP as soon as you get your documents from the college (Transcripts, Confirmation of Graduation letter / Diploma or Certificate)

Traveling after application of PGWP is not advised. No TRV will be issued to you before your status change. Please do not try travelling with out a valid VISA as you access back to the country can be denied.

There is a statement on CIC's website that an International student is permitted to work in Canada till a decision is reached on his/her status.
But Employers in Canada do not consider that an official permit to work. So it is going to be hard. There is no Black and white to help you out on that front.
Hi, Can you tell me if I have to attach my off campus work permit with the PGWP application?

pokeyoke_info

May 29, 2015
Pures ,

Thanks for your reply. What do you think would be the best approach to convince employers regarding my status, post my study permit expiry I would be short by 21 calendar days before I receive my PGWP. I am only going as per the 77 day mark.

Why would an organization wanna lose a trained Engineer for 21 days? Like you mentioned as well. An international student is eligible to work in the transition status. For now I have an e mail from CIC addressed to me that we can work in this kind of a status. Would that be sufficient enough along with my PGWP application copy?

Please reply.

pokeyoke_info

May 29, 2015
Good Day PSW apirants,

CIC's processing times have put a lot of jobs on stake. Individuals like me who have applied for PSWP but study permit expires by the end of July have to lose existing jobs or are not in a position to take another due to transition status. Is waiting or losing a full-time job the only option? Or could there be way to extend the temporary status such that we can maintain status and keep our jobs and again wait for pswp decision?

I would like to get in touch with people who happen to be in a similar situation. Please reply and if possible get together and try and expedite the decision on the respective issue.

Awaiting responses,

Poke Yoke.

jay9091

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
pokeyoke_info said:
Good Day PSW apirants,

CIC's processing times have put a lot of jobs on stake. Individuals like me who have applied for PSWP but study permit expires by the end of July have to lose existing jobs or are not in a position to take another due to transition status. Is waiting or losing a full-time job the only option? Or could there be way to extend the temporary status such that we can maintain status and keep our jobs and again wait for pswp decision?

I would like to get in touch with people who happen to be in a similar situation. Please reply and if possible get together and try and expedite the decision on the respective issue.

Awaiting responses,

Poke Yoke.
How long? Though its 77 days, but i have heard that they generally process it in 3-4 weeks because its very straight forward

cyas33

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
when did you apply......I applied since march 17th, 2015, still waiting....lost 2 jobs so far

pokeyoke_info

May 29, 2015
I applied on the 05 th of June. As my COG arrived late. Are you based out of Toronto & would like to connect over e mails or Whatss app?

jay9091

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
pokeyoke_info said:
Jay,

Any idea how your ITALIAN friend managed to get his PGWP in one day?

Poke Yoke
Well, he applied on sunday 31st may and got an email at 7:47 PM on 1st june saying that its approved and thats it. I didnt believe that as well until I saw his pdf document. I applied on 1st june and on 2nd june i got a mail that my application has been updated and I checked to see in mycic account if there are any messages or what so ever, but I found nothing...!! I am tensed ....

jay9091

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
cyas33 said:
when did you apply......I applied since march 17th, 2015, still waiting....lost 2 jobs so far
You can start working full time jobs under implied status once you have applied for a PGWP , I have just started my full time work

jay9091

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
cyas33 said:
Also, please let us know if u got your permit approved as acc to the cic website , they are currently working on PGWap applications from March month, you are almost there...just dont forget us if u get it on time, would be appreciated

pokeyoke_info

May 29, 2015
Well,

Lets see if my employer would react to this condition, Your Italian friend applied online? If he did so then how did he manage to get it one day?

It would be great if you could trace that imformation.

Regards.