08-03-2011
Med's Done....
30-10-2010
Passport Req..
28-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Ecas status: Decision made on 29th visa received may 4
Hi

i am wondering how much time does it take to process post graduate work permit?

kazen

Jul 16, 2012
right now it seems like the processing time is 44 days. Does your 42 days match the expected processing time in the CIC website? I'm just wondering if that is an average or it's more likely that the real processing time will be longer.

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
I know someone who got it in 3 days and someone who got it in 10 days and then someone whose work permit took 1 and a half month. You just cannot tell!

candyman2121

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
kazen said:
right now it seems like the processing time is 44 days. Does your 42 days match the expected processing time in the CIC website? I'm just wondering if that is an average or it's more likely that the real processing time will be longer.

I just feel that post graduate work permit have a different que than your regular work permits which are shown in the processing time on the CIC website...Now the call centre agents do indeed claim to treat work permit(new employer) in regards to PGWP processing time...But I feel that is incorrect.

kazen

Jul 16, 2012
How are your applications for PGWP going? I applied on July 11th and I don't have mine just yet.

mackie313

Oct 3, 2012
guys.. any updates.. from people who have already applied..

did anybody got PGWP ? How much time did it took ?

sawal

Aug 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have a very serious question here to ask

one of my friend (i will not take his name ) applied for pgwp and he told his parents that i have to show funds of around 10,000$ and his parents sent him the money but as much i know i dont have any idea that one has to show funds for applying to pgwp ........ IS he right or he is making fool of his parents ??????????????? he also told me that even i have to show funds to apply to off campus work permit ( i will apply for jan 2013 intake ) is it so , i havent heared of this rule before , you all here in the thread had experience about this work permit thing .

reply to me query plz i want to know do he really need money or just spending the hard earned money of his parents somewhere else

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sawal said:

one of my friend (i will not take his name ) applied for pgwp and he told his parents that i have to show funds of around 10,000$ and his parents sent him the money but as much i know i dont have any idea that one has to show funds for applying to pgwp ........ IS he right or he is making fool of his parents ??????????????? he also told me that even i have to show funds to apply to off campus work permit ( i will apply for jan 2013 intake ) is it so , i havent heared of this rule before , you all here in the thread had experience about this work permit thing .

reply to me query plz i want to know do he really need money or just spending the hard earned money of his parents somewhere else
No you don't have to show funds for PGWP.

Arkhan

Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sawal said:

i think this is the best way to get money from parents (laugh). no financial proof reguire for PGWP

enon

Nov 9, 2012
I received my PGWP today, November 29 (in Toronto). I submitted it on October 10, so it's taken 50 days exactly.

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
Can someone please give an update on the processing time of their post-graduate work permits? I submitted mine last November 14 and my visa and permits are expiring this coming January. Thanks so much!

manishathwal

Jan 2, 2013
i applied online on 16 november,2012 and just got it today i.e january 3, 2013
i live in chilliwack,BC.
good luck guys