+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
If you apply for a PGWP outside Canada and you’re from a visa-required country, you’ll get the TRV in the same application. They’ll ask for your passport to affix the TRV in your passport.
But you’ll need to make a separate application for a TRV after getting your PGWP application is approved if you live in Canada.
Keep in mind that you don’t need to apply for a new TRV if your previously issued TRV (it can be visitor, student, or worker) is still valid.
No sadly, my previous TRV has expired so I have to reapply TRV after I get the PGWP.

Reactions: naterx

stuent97

Jan 12, 2021
My application got approved today.

Applied: 16 September
Eligibility: 23 January
Approved: 24 January
Applied inland Ontario

It's for two years as my passort will expire in two years so I think I would have to apply for an extension then lol.

Update on my situation:
My situation wasn't really ideal as I withdrew all courses in one term near the very of that term. For my school, you can't withdraw courses after a certain date for one term so I dropped those courses with a petition(exception for acadamic rules) which was granted and I retained all the documents.
When I was preparing the application for PGWP, I consulted the immmigration consultant from my school and he suggested me to include all the documents details in the LoE. Maybe this help me convince the officer that I still obey all the requirements.

This thread and forum is really helpful. I wish those still waiting good luck.

Last edited:

naterx

Jan 11, 2022
Congrats to all who got approved today! Did anyone get an approval letter? Mine says approved, but I didn't receive a letter of approval.