+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Can anyone tell me what are next steps after PGWP is approved? I applied inside Canada, but currently in India.
How long it takes to get visa stamped after PGWP is approved.

~ Nancy
Because you applied in Canada you don't get any stamp, if you need a TRV you need to make separate application for that.

As others have said you normally require the actual PGWP paper to include in your TRV application, so if whoever receives your PGWP in Canada can send you a picture that's great, otherwise you can try to apply without it and explain your situation but it all depends on the officer processing your application, some people have had success with this because they can look these things up on their system.

You will also have to deal with the fact that you don't have the permit when traveling back to Canada, will the airlines let you board? Will the CBSA officers have a problem with this or can they also just look it up?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nov 27, 2020
Hi, I have an Student visa with multiple entries valid until 07/2021. I applied for my PGWP and it was approved. I'd like to travel outside Canada. Will I be able to re-enter with the SW-1 visa that I hold? Or do I need to renew my visa prior to traveling?

thank you for your help!

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Hi, I have an Student visa with multiple entries valid until 07/2021. I applied for my PGWP and it was approved. I'd like to travel outside Canada. Will I be able to re-enter with the SW-1 visa that I hold? Or do I need to renew my visa prior to traveling?

thank you for your help!
Call IRCC client services center and confirm with them. But keep in mind that even with a valid visa, they may not let you back in until the coronavirus situation is resolved, unless you have a job offer or an actual job waiting for you (with supporting documentation to show at the entry point).

Reactions: Canada202063759
Nov 27, 2020
Call IRCC client services center and confirm with them. But keep in mind that even with a valid visa, they may not let you back in until the coronavirus situation is resolved, unless you have a job offer or an actual job waiting for you (with supporting documentation to show at the entry point).
Thank you for your answer! Yes, I have a full time job.

Reactions: santzapaul

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Does anybody know if the 180 limit for applying after you get your grad letter is still applied when you're re-applying for your PGWP?