+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Bob.riva

Jul 24, 2020
Yes it happened to me and a couple of others on this thread. Seems like the status will change from action required to submitted 30 days after you applied since 30 days were the original biometrics deadlines. It doesn't have anything to do with the biometric exemptions. I applied late May and the status changed to submitted late June.
Oh ok. Seems same happened to me its exactly 30 days.

Bob.riva

Jul 24, 2020
Yes it happened to me and a couple of others on this thread. Seems like the status will change from action required to submitted 30 days after you applied since 30 days were the original biometrics deadlines. It doesn't have anything to do with the biometric exemptions. I applied late May and the status changed to submitted late June.
Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: fakelucio

Harjas1997

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
I have applied for a co-op Work permit( inland without biometrics) in Jan and still waiting for their reply. Whenever I called them or contact them via webform, they say it is still in the processing stage. Has anyone applied in Jan received their co-op Work permit ?

Bob.riva

Jul 24, 2020
After status changed back to submitted what is biometric status?

danaaa

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
STUDY
After status changed back to submitted what is biometric status ?.
Under applicant information there are still biometrics section which is empty (as I didn’t give biometrics). Except of the current status, which is now “submitted” nothing has changed

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all. Is there someone who applied by mail got approval? I am concerned they lose the documents. Is there someone on the same boat for paper applications?

skplz

Jul 28, 2020
Applied in march 1st week without biometrics. Still No Update. Anyone applied before me got any updates?

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Just sharing my timeline and situation to help guide others.

I applied for my PGWP on May 3rd from within Canada. IRCC doesn't have my biometrics on record as I never had to give biometrics on previous temporary residence permit applications. My PGWP application was subsequently stalled when biometrics collection was put to a hault in Canada.

With the biometrics requirement now lifted, I'm waiting anxiously for a decision. Applications status is currently "In Progress".

Will inform you good folks when I receive a decision.

Reactions: Riri15

Riri15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Just sharing my timeline and situation to help guide others.

I applied for my PGWP on May 3rd from within Canada. IRCC doesn't have my biometrics on record as I never had to give biometrics on previous temporary residence permit applications. My PGWP application was subsequently stalled when biometrics collection was put to a hault in Canada.

With the biometrics requirement now lifted, I'm waiting anxiously for a decision. Applications status is currently "In Progress".

Will inform you good folks when I receive a decision.
Thank you for sharing! It's really appreciated and will help a lot of us.