+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Ravpreet32

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Is that TRV a multiple entry visa? If yes, then you can visit and come back but keep any proof handy with you in case CBSA officer asks you for the cause of visiting home. They usually do not.
However, to be on the safe side, do not leave Canada until you get your PGWP.
Yes that TRV is Multiple entry.!

yeng119

Nov 1, 2019
Do you know what should I do ?
Just wait to received my work permit?
Does it need to send my passport to attach my visa
Your work permit should be sent to your Canadian residential address if you did apply in Canada.
If you also applied for a new visa, CIC would have required your passport once your application is approved so that the new visa could be stamped on.

Rahel. ka

Oct 30, 2019
Your work permit should be sent to your Canadian residential address if you did apply in Canada.
If you also applied for a new visa, CIC would have required your passport once your application is approved so that the new visa could be stamped on.
actually my application show that I got 5 years eTA... But I don't know how it will work

yeng119

Nov 1, 2019
actually my application show that I got 5 years eTA... But I don't know how it will work
ok in this case because you applied for eTA which is an electronic document, it is electronically tied to your passport number. You will not receive a physical document from CIC.

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Got approved. Got my Work Permit for 3 years :)
Didn't receive any message, so be sure to check your my CIC account everyday once in the morning (reviewing eligibility) & once in the late afternoon (for status).
Took crazy 110 days.

PS: Many people have been referring me as the applicant approved from 17th July.
PPS: It's not a PGWP, but a WP. Timeline for both are the same including BOWP (WP extension).

Reactions: poojamangalam

ntachi

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
Hey everyone, congrats on approvals! I have a simple question I hope someone can help me.

If I get 1 year PGWP approval in December (for example) but I applied for it at the end of August, will it be considered 1 year from the date I applied (August) or the date it was approved (December)?

Khad27

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hey everyone, congrats on approvals! I have a simple question I hope someone can help me.

If I get 1 year PGWP approval in December (for example) but I applied for it at the end of August, will it be considered 1 year from the date I applied (August) or the date it was approved (December)?
From Date of Approval 1yr

Reactions: ntachi