+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

koalacoke

Oct 8, 2019
Hi,

Applied: June 17
Updated: Oct 7
- Required for transcripts and degree completion letter

I wonder if you who applied around June and get approved uploaded transcripts, degree completion letter and graduation certificate.
I only uploaded my graduation certificate, and later in July I guess, they required transcripts and completion letter at the same time?

I started my study in a BC university and then had a failed year. Then I had to transfer to a college for a year until I came back to the university. I did not get any credits towards my degree in that college. The problem is my second term in that college is part-time. I was full time with 3 courses but I dropped one with W standing. That is shown on my transcript.

After transferring back to university, I studied continuously for 2 years including every summer term and graduated with good averages. I am very struggled right now. I'm lucky to find a job and start working. I'm afraid that I could not get PGWP because of the part-time term It was about 3 years ago, and I wonder if I could upload any explanation with my transcripts/ degree completion letter? Since only two of them are open for me to uploaded. Any similar situations? I would like to know if I need an explanation letter for this.

Good luck on your work permit!

fayebelief

Sep 23, 2019
Hi Guys!

I applied on May23, just got approved today:Oct 09.
It is total of 139 days!!!!!!!!!!!
I was sooooo worried before.
Hang on there, just have faith, hope everyone will get approved!!

I believe they only reject on those Part time more than 1 semester, missing class ones. It is just the workload they have to work on so don't worry!
Good luck with everyone!

rolats

Mar 16, 2015
Hi everyone,

Congrats to everyone that has gotten their PGWP approved. I applied July 5th and still waiting for approval.

By the way, I am wondering if anyone is planning to submit an application for the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot Program for permanent residence as international student after obtaining their PGWP. If so, how are you going about it? Do you have a FULL TIME job offer? Have you contacted the community?

I learned that they will be welcoming the first set of applicants early 2020.

Thanks in advance!

May 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
Thanks to all of you who have been posting there visa news here that’s really very informative and I never posted anything here before, but used to check every single day, today in the morning I saw two people got approved from June 19 so I was curious throughout the day and I also got approved just right now.
Thanks again and everyone who’s waiting, they will also approved soon

Nmehtani864

Sep 20, 2019
Thanks to all of you who have been posting there visa news here that’s really very informative and I never posted anything here before, but used to check every single day, today in the morning I saw two people got approved from June 19 so I was curious throughout the day and I also got approved just right now.
Thanks again and everyone who’s waiting, they will also approved soon
When did you applied

mm78

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
Hi All;
I am on a PGWP and applied for an open work permit for my wife. Is the processing time 3 months or 8 weeks as the cic website mentions two processing times?
Thank you.

dddddddd

Oct 9, 2019
Hi Guys,
Will anyone please advise me on my situation.
So in the Winter of 2016 I transfered my program from Chem Eng to Mech at UofT. I had some credit transfers so during my year of 2016 F - 2017 W, I had taken 5 courses in the Fall and only 3 courses in the Winter (due to credit transfers and 1 upper year course I took during Winter 2016).

After that I completed my studies without any problem and I was Full-Time all the remaining semesters (my final year GPA is 3.76). I know that I'm only permitted to be part-time during my last year, but I was wondering if you guys can advise me on my situation