+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

simon233

Sep 8, 2023
Not sure if IRCC sped up the processing by a lot? 'cause I wasn't expecting the review to go this fast..

March 6: PGWP submitted
March 7: Received WP-EXP for PGWP
March 13: Biometrics correspondence letter
March 14: approved in the portal..

Last edited:

av_ganesh

Star Member
Sep 23, 2022
Not sure if IRCC sped up the processing by a lot? 'cause I wasn't expecting the review to go this fast..

March 6: PGWP submitted
March 7: Received WP-EXP for PGWP
March 13: Biometrics correspondence letter, final decision in progress...

Looking at past posts, it seems I should expect a final decision tomorrow (March 14)... finger crossed
Once it goes into "Fianl decision process" is like approved ...don;t worry , keep checking the status online , sometimes mail comes after 24 hours. All the best.

Reactions: simon233

A_Waris

Star Member
Oct 24, 2023
Called the agent about PGWP and she mentioned, criminality is passed and sent a message to processing office. What does that mean?

Antoriklas

Feb 4, 2023
Applied December 26th, 2023
right now it's May 5th, 2024
I still haven't received any updates, it's been almost 6 months and my status is stuck in progress, I have no idea what to do...

The application is a PGWP extension due to passport limitation, I originally was supposed to get 3 years but my passport was expiring so the officer noted on my pgwp that I have the right to extend it because it's limited due to my passport expiring soon.

Millishah08

Feb 16, 2024
I still haven't received any updates, it's been almost 6 months and my status is stuck in progress, I have no idea what to do...

The application is a PGWP extension due to passport limitation, I originally was supposed to get 3 years but my passport was expiring so the officer noted on my pgwp that I have the right to extend it because it's limited due to my passport expiring soon.
Hey! I am in same boat :( and I applied through paper on Jan 25th with 2 months of wait I did a second application online in March because my employer and landloard required a confirmation.
I have not received anything with that my father was in icu so I had to fly in emergency basis. Currently I’m in India waiting for the permit to apply my TRV and get back.

it’s frustrating. My both application are in process and the agent said 92 days processing. My paper application had crossed it.

no idea what to do

Antoriklas

Feb 4, 2023
Hey! I am in same boat :( and I applied through paper on Jan 25th with 2 months of wait I did a second application online in March because my employer and landloard required a confirmation.
I have not received anything with that my father was in icu so I had to fly in emergency basis. Currently I’m in India waiting for the permit to apply my TRV and get back.

it’s frustrating. My both application are in process and the agent said 92 days processing. My paper application had crossed it.

no idea what to do
Yeah, it's sad to hear I wish you the best, I thankfully applied for my pgwp extension earlier than it's expiry, but time is ticking. My pgwp is still valid for now but it's expiring in October,

naidusuresh36

Feb 1, 2023

I’m stuck since 2023 August
Exact same situation, paper applications have visibility and they are horribly slow. 245 days and counting.

Antoriklas

Feb 4, 2023
I’m stuck since 2023 August
Exact same situation, paper applications have visibility and they are horribly slow. 245 days and counting.
Yeah, the waiting time varies from one to another, some people surprisingly gets answered in 3 month, while some have to wait for 6months+

They are having a huge amount of requests so I think it's understandable why they taking so much time, I just hope that they will be fair to me regarding my situation. All my friends who studied with me got 3 years, I was unlucky since I didn't know passport limitation can limit your PGWP too... I hope this doesn't cause me any problems.

av_ganesh

Star Member
Sep 23, 2022

Don;t worry about it.
As long as you have applied thats good. as you are in impled status.
my PGWP took more than 9 months.

ArifAhmed

May 6, 2024
Thanks for sharing your situation. I am looking for your valuable feedback.

I have applied for pgwp in Jan 2024 and within a month received my pgwp biometric correspondent letter but no final decision yet. I have called IRCC several times, but no update. My application has passed 4 months. I have to go home for emergency purposes.

Could you please share when did you receive your final decision? It would be very helpful for me.

Thanks a lot.

ArifAhmed

May 6, 2024
I applied for PGWP on May 27th, 2023. On June 27th, 2023 I got a correspondence letter from IRCC saying my biometrics are valid. There has been no update since then, so I asked an MPs to inquire from IRCC on the status of my application and their office said that the IRCC agent confirmed my application is approved. But I have not received the final decision yet. Is this common and when will IRCC respond to me now that MPs have reached out asking for an update. Please share if you have gone through a similar experience and what were the timelines till you got a response?

I have applied for pgwp in Jan 2024 and within a month received my pgwp biometric correspondent letter but no final decision yet. I have called IRCC several times, but no update. My application has passed 4 months. I have to go home for emergency purposes.

Could you please share when did you receive your final decision? It would be very helpful for me.

Thanks a lot.

av_ganesh

Star Member
Sep 23, 2022

Thanks a lot.
Submission Confirmation Aug 10, 2023
WP-EXT for PGWP Aug 11,2023
In Canada Approval Letter Apr 23,2024

No biometirc request for me , as i already had it and valid for 10 years.

Afolavid

Jan 18, 2022
Hi guys,

Did anyone submit a paper and online application for the PGWP or PGWP-EXT? What was the result?

Here is my situation!

I want to submit my PGWP extension application by paper (because that's what IRCC wants and it also takes longer than online I think - buying time).

However, my employer doesn't want to accept a copy of my PGWP-EXT application or receipts of payment to IRCC as proof that I am on implied status. They only want a letter that states that I'm authorized to work, but IRCC doesn't issue this letter for paper applications. So I am thinking of submitting another online application to get this WP-EXT letter and submit it to my employer to be able to continue to work, as I need the work experience for PR.

Please, what do you think guys? Any experience? Thanks