+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Batmanboxers

Nov 5, 2022
Got the approval today. Had to raise a web form once processing time passed the threshold. After then the file started moving I think (review started yesterday).

APPLIED: Feb 3
WP-EXT: Feb 4
ELIGIBILITY REVIEW STARTED: JUN 28
APPROVED: JUN 29
How did you know that the eligibility started?

SareenaShah

May 10, 2023
I guess officially if you apply a day after your graduation it is still fine to work for these 24 hours. At least this is what my friend did (applied a day or 2 after official graduation) and she got her work permit

Hi Thanks for assuring back then! I received my work permit, even the hard copy within one month!!

Reactions: siddharth-nair

joelalex4uu

May 3, 2023
I have applied for my PGWP on May 27th and I'm working in healthcare so I had to choose yes in the section were they asked if I need to get medical check or not. And I was waiting for the letter from IRCC for medical check since I didn't do upfront, my PGWP got accepted yesterday without medical. I'm still working in healthcare. What should I do? Is it normal?

pgwptypoloe

Jun 29, 2023
Hey, I applied for PGWP on 29th June and have not received AoR or WP-ext letter. Is there anyone who went through something similar? I got the submission confirmation with application number instantly but there's no UCI on my application page. I want to submit a webform to correct an information but the IRCC agent said I can't do that until I get AoR

Albatross29

Jul 6, 2023
Hi, I applied for PGWP on May 21 and I still haven't received a decision. My application number starts with a W3073XXXXX. Is there anyone who applied during the same time and still waiting to be approved?

rishimxre

Jun 12, 2023
Hi, I applied for PGWP on May 21 and I still haven't received a decision. My application number starts with a W3073XXXXX. Is there anyone who applied during the same time and still waiting to be approved?
Hey Mate! Im in the same boat as you, applied on May 24, My application number starts with a W3073XXXXX as well but it is still in the background check stage. I'm surprised to see so many people get their applications approved after post my date of application. What's the status of your application? still in the background check? Did you apply from inside Canada? if so which city?

rishimxre

Jun 12, 2023
PGWP takes about 5-6 months
The website does not specify a particular timeline for PGWP but an overall timeline for work permit initial and extension applications, which is 141 days = 4-4.5 months. I am not sure how it would be 5-6 months, did you receive yours in 5-6 months?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
The website does not specify a particular timeline for PGWP but an overall timeline for work permit initial and extension applications, which is 141 days = 4-4.5 months. I am not sure how it would be 5-6 months, did you receive yours in 5-6 months?
All posted processing times are an average only. So

rishimxre

Jun 12, 2023
Hey, I applied for PGWP on 29th June and have not received AoR or WP-ext letter. Is there anyone who went through something similar? I got the submission confirmation with application number instantly but there's no UCI on my application page. I want to submit a webform to correct an information but the IRCC agent said I can't do that until I get AoR
Hey mate it takes about a week or two for that to update, any updates? Have you received the AoR or WP-ext letter?