+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

mathew98

Jul 6, 2022
Anybody who applied on Jan 19th stuck with eligibility review? My review started on 28th of June and no updates as of now. I feel its more than the average time to review! Anybody in the same boat??

KH8

Jul 2, 2022
Anybody who applied on Jan 19th stuck with eligibility review? My review started on 28th of June and no updates as of now. I feel its more than the average time to review! Anybody in the same boat??
Applied Jan18 and eligibility review started Jun27. Just checked and still no updates. Waiting for 169 days and counting...

eugmke

Jun 29, 2022
Applied on Jan 19th as well. What is your eligibility review status displayed in the system? Mine was "Application update" displayed shortly and then returned back to "Submitted" till now.

subomand

Dec 2, 2019
Hi all,

Wanted to share our experience of flagpoling. My wife was a student in Canada for January 2021 term. She completed her course and CO-OP in January 2022 and applied for PGWP on 22nd January 2022. She got a job and started working on maintained status.

My Spouse open work was applied from India in March 2021 and it is still under process, I received a additional document request on March 15th asking Spouse job letter, pay slips, bank statement and ongoing relationship proof. I was given a time of 120 days to submit these document, We submitted the documents on 18th March.

We thought may be due to her being on maintained status, they are holding back on processing my work permit till they finalize hers first. So we decided to try flagpoling. Her TRV is valid till april 30th 2022.

Flagpoling was done on Rainbow bridge at Niagara falls today. She crossed the bridge as a pedestrian at around 7.45 AM, went to the US customs, informed she is here for flagpoling, they handed her the administrative refusal, she walked back to the canadian side.

The officer, took her administrative paper, passport and study permit, after a while came and asked for her transcripts, course completion letter. An hour later he came back and informed he is approving her work permit for a year and handed her the work permit after payment of fees.

Now we successfully linked this work permit to her GC key account and raised a webform for withdrawal of previous online work permit.

Please be aware at this particular point flagpoling is allowed only on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8 A.M to midnight.
Hello, I am in Windsor applied PGWP on 06th of May 2022 online and status pending. I am planning to move out of Windsor and in that case I have to update my address for my PGWP application. I was thinking why not maximize the benefits of living in a Border town before leaving.
Question - Can I go for flagpole while having a online application for in process ? My TRV is still valid and my program was completed on May 6 2022. Please share your views and DOs & Don'ts From your experience does your spouse told Border Service about the ongoing online application ? . Thank you Subodh

tubkal

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
Hello, I am in Windsor applied PGWP on 06th of May 2022 online and status pending. I am planning to move out of Windsor and in that case I have to update my address for my PGWP application. I was thinking why not maximize the benefits of living in a Border town before leaving.
Question - Can I go for flagpole while having a online application for in process ? My TRV is still valid and my program was completed on May 6 2022. Please share your views and DOs & Don'ts From your experience does your spouse told Border Service about the ongoing online application ? . Thank you Subodh
Yes you can. You will have to pay the fee you paid online. I would go fully prepared and keep in mind that for whatever reason they refuse your application you will be outside of Canada, and that’s a whole other story… if you are in no rush I would advise to just wait for the online application to be processed

rajbirk0211

Star Member
Apr 11, 2022
Is there anybody who got approval in last 2 weeks but didn't get their physical copy of PGWP.
Pls reply if anybody faces this problem????