+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Harjeet1997

Jan 22, 2019
If you have a legitimate reason like a medical emergency submit the application with proper documents like medical certificate. If not then just submit a letter of completion, passport, and digital photo. I went to border to apply PGWP and I forgot to my medical certificate at home. The officer there rejected and told me to apply online with all the proper documents.
When did you apply for your pgwp. Do you get it? Actually I have problem in my back home and thats the reason I cant continued my study. I can provide the documents for that. Does it work?

00binkim

Jan 17, 2019
hi ...just want to update that we went to Peace arch border yesterday and got it approved. though the wait time was 4-5 hour but overall experience was good.
Congratulations! I applied for a co-op work permit online on November 22nd 2018. I just checked the processing time and it has increased from 76 days to 81 days currently. I urgently need it by the end of this month so I was considering flagpoling at this point.
Do you know if I can ask for a new co-op work permit at the border even though I already applied online?

manudeep73

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Congratulations! I applied for a co-op work permit online on November 22nd 2018. I just checked the processing time and it has increased from 76 days to 81 days currently. I urgently need it by the end of this month so I was considering flagpoling at this point.
Do you know if I can ask for a new co-op work permit at the border even though I already applied online?
Hi.. Sorry , i don't have any idea about this. But i would suggest to wait for few more days because normally people get it online within 80--84 days . So you should wait. We did the flagpole because we got the refusal on our online file and my hasband's work permit was about to expire next month. we got the decision on our online file after 80 days.

00binkim

Jan 17, 2019
Hi.. Sorry , i don't have any idea about this. But i would suggest to wait for few more days because normally people get it online within 80--84 days . So you should wait. We did the flagpole because we got the refusal on our online file and my hasband's work permit was about to expire next month. we got the decision on our online file after 80 days.
Thanks for the reply!

Preet0013

Jan 21, 2019
Now I applied online.I was scared if it's a rejection. But my lawyer told that he didnt gave you any paper so that's no refusal