+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit and foreign driver's licence

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Hi,

I recently obtained my PGWP and I received a job in Quebec that requires I have a car. I know as a student you can use your foreign driver's licence as long as you're a student or trainee. Will I be able to do the same with my work permit or do I need to switch to a Quebec Driver's license? My license is in english but not part of the countries that have an agreement with Quebec.

mariels182

Feb 5, 2018
Hi,

I recently obtained my PGWP and I received a job in Quebec that requires I have a car. I know as a student you can use your foreign driver's licence as long as you're a student or trainee. Will I be able to do the same with my work permit or do I need to switch to a Quebec Driver's license? My license is in english but not part of the countries that have an agreement with Quebec.
Hey zm95,

My husband is under an OWP and he was able to drive with his licence only for 6 months. Idk if it's the same for PGWP. I think you can fins this on the SAAQ page.
You can call them and make an appointment to do the test to change your licence.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!