none
Passport Req..
10/12/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/12/2012
LANDED..........
13/01/13
Hello,

I have graduated nursing in Canada. I have applied for a post-grad work permit online and have received it. I noticed that there were restrictions on how I cant work in a medical field or with younger children. Which doesnt make sense since my program was nursing.

I found out that there was a requirement that the field of work I'm applying, and that it needed a medical check-up and was given instructions to do so. So I promptly took the required medical check under the list of approved hospitals by the CIC.

I emailed CIC and they said I needed to "apply to change the conditions of the current Post-Graduation Work Permit to reflect the medical examination and pay new fees".

Ok. My question is how am I to do this? I looked up the website, and it says I can do this online, but when I log in to myCIC account under the work section, I only have options to apply for either, "work permit extention" "study" or "vistor record". None about changing conditions.
Will I use the option "work permit extention" and just state in the "reasons" box that I just want to "change the conditions" and not really extend? (Since I already have a post-grad work permit, which can only be applied once)

If its not the right way to do so, I also found a pdf form IMM 1249 that is supposed to be for changing conditions. Is this still the right form? If so by the looks of it I would have to mail it instead of submitting it online.

Sorry if Im confusing, but I would greatly appreciate some clarifications.
Its really unfortunate that Im out canada right now and I am unable to call them directly like I usually do due to the fact they only have toll free numbers.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ofvgard said:
Hello,

I have graduated nursing in Canada. I have applied for a post-grad work permit online and have received it. I noticed that there were restrictions on how I cant work in a medical field or with younger children. Which doesnt make sense since my program was nursing.

I found out that there was a requirement that the field of work I'm applying, and that it needed a medical check-up and was given instructions to do so. So I promptly took the required medical check under the list of approved hospitals by the CIC.

I emailed CIC and they said I needed to "apply to change the conditions of the current Post-Graduation Work Permit to reflect the medical examination and pay new fees".

Ok. My question is how am I to do this? I looked up the website, and it says I can do this online, but when I log in to myCIC account under the work section, I only have options to apply for either, "work permit extention" "study" or "vistor record". None about changing conditions.
Will I use the option "work permit extention" and just state in the "reasons" box that I just want to "change the conditions" and not really extend? (Since I already have a post-grad work permit, which can only be applied once)

If its not the right way to do so, I also found a pdf form IMM 1249 that is supposed to be for changing conditions. Is this still the right form? If so by the looks of it I would have to mail it instead of submitting it online.

Sorry if Im confusing, but I would greatly appreciate some clarifications.
Its really unfortunate that Im out canada right now and I am unable to call them directly like I usually do due to the fact they only have toll free numbers.
You use the 1249 to change conditions

ofvgard

Star Member
May 6, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-then CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/4/2012
AOR Received.
10/8/2012
IELTS Request
sent with Application
Med's Request
28/09/2012
Med's Done....
25/10/2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
10/12/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/12/2012
LANDED..........
13/01/13
Thank you for your reply,

If it is indeed that form IMM 1249 it looks like mailing directly is the only option.In terms of payment I am to use the link on the website that allows me to pay my fees through the internet. However, I am unsure if the category "work permit" will also be applied to changing conditions. If it is I just print a receipt of payment and mail it with the IMM 1249 form?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ofvgard said:
Thank you for your reply,

If it is indeed that form IMM 1249 it looks like mailing directly is the only option.In terms of payment I am to use the link on the website that allows me to pay my fees through the internet. However, I am unsure if the category "work permit" will also be applied to changing conditions. If it is I just print a receipt of payment and mail it with the IMM 1249 form?
Yes it is work permit, because that is what you are applying to do, change conditions on a work and a new work permit will be issued.