+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post-doc researcher work permit

Jenny1998

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
It's really strange! Going to be a postdoc in Canada? And is your application status says: We are processing your application?
Yes last update was August 30,they only review medical exam and biometric and we do not need additional documents, no update for eligiblity and background,and interview final decision they say it in progress

Jenny1998

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Yes last update was August 30,they only review medical exam and biometric and we do not need additional documents, no update for eligiblity and background,and interview final decision they say it in progress
I suppose to resume duty on November 7 last year 2021

Jenny1998

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
I suppose to resume duty on November 7 last year 2021
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - August 30, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

Postdoc2022

Jan 22, 2022
Did anyone not require a medical exam?

I am preparing documents to apply for the postdoc LMIA exempt work permit and an open work permit for my spouse. Did you all do it yourself by creating an account or did anyone go through an immigration agent?

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Did anyone not require a medical exam?

I am preparing documents to apply for the postdoc LMIA exempt work permit and an open work permit for my spouse. Did you all do it yourself by creating an account or did anyone go through an immigration agent?
Do it by yourself! I did it by myself and be prepared for 5-6 month waiting time :(

postdocds@2022

Jan 26, 2022
Hi all, I haven't posted on here previously but I have read through threads to get an idea of how long permits typically take. Just for info, I had my work permit approved last night (on a sunday surprisingly) for a postdoc (research fellow). I'm from the UK and completed my biometrics on November 9th 2021. My application went straight from "We are processing your background check" to approved. Good luck to you all!
Hi, when did you lodge your application?

I have also applied for a postdoc work permit on 4th November 2021 and have done biometrics on 9th November 2021.
The processing time for my country is 11 weeks which means that I was supposed to get the final decision after monday 24th January 2022. The processing time has now passed. Is my application still in the range of application processing time? When Am I going to get the final decision? Thanks

Last edited:

Jenny1998

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Hi, I have also applied for postdoc work permit on 4th November 2021 and have done biometrics on 9th November 2021.
The processing time for my country is 11 weeks which means that I was supposed to get the final decision after monday 24th January 2022. The processing time has now passed. When am I going to get the PPR? Thanks
Have there review your eligibility and background check and additional documents and interview?

Jenny1998

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
If I may ask which documents requested.what about background check and eligibility
There only review medical exam and biometric and we do not need additional documents and interview the rest they have not review.if they have review eligibility and background check the final stage will be passport request meaning they have approve it