+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POST 18th March CoPR outland Connect here

saadawp

Dec 10, 2020
Hi folks,

If you are an outland applicant who received a CoPR post March 18th 2020 and are done with visa stamping, lets connect on this thread.

I'm looking for some answers and I'm sure there are others like me.

Let me summarize what I know:
If you have received a CoPR after 18th March 2020, you are not eligible to travel to Canada unless:
  • You have immediate relatives in Canada
  • You live in the USA
Information I'm looking for:
  1. Are there people who don't fit under the exemptions but have successfully travelled to Canada?
  2. The visa stamped on my passport expires in May 2021. What happens after that? Is there any action item for me before it expires?
  3. My medicals expire next week. What happens after that? Is there any action item for me before they expire?
  4. My understanding is that IRCC will reach out to ask if I'm ready to travel AFTER my visa expires. Is this correct?
BTW Current border restrictions are supposed to end (or get revised) on 21st Jan 2021.
Thanks.

Reactions: Manvi Tandon

Manvi Tandon

Feb 16, 2021
Hi folks,

If you are an outland applicant who received a CoPR post March 18th 2020 and are done with visa stamping, lets connect on this thread.

I'm looking for some answers and I'm sure there are others like me.

Let me summarize what I know:
If you have received a CoPR after 18th March 2020, you are not eligible to travel to Canada unless:
  • You have immediate relatives in Canada
  • You live in the USA
Information I'm looking for:
  1. Are there people who don't fit under the exemptions but have successfully travelled to Canada?
  2. The visa stamped on my passport expires in May 2021. What happens after that? Is there any action item for me before it expires?
  3. My medicals expire next week. What happens after that? Is there any action item for me before they expire?
  4. My understanding is that IRCC will reach out to ask if I'm ready to travel AFTER my visa expires. Is this correct?
BTW Current border restrictions are supposed to end (or get revised) on 21st Jan 2021.
Thanks.
Hi,

My husband and i had our COPR approved in May 2020 and is expiring in May 2021.
We did get job offers from Toronto and Halifax, but had to say no as we couldn't travel due to current restrictions.
We are stuck in New Zealand at the moment and can't move to Canada to settle.

I hope the restrictions are changed and COPR holders are allowed to travel without the wait for Authorization Letters as it is again a long wait.

We are anyway going to get our COVID tests and will be doing hotel quarantine, so won't be risking Canadians lives.

Regards

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
Has anyone in India talked to ircc in Canada over phone

moe_218

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Anyone managed to get COPR extension or at least feedback from IRCC after their COPR expired ? Ours will be expiring soon and we're not sure what to do here...

Reactions: saadawp