+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Honestly - I've sent them email twice now with no response. We can only wait, but Is it possible for one's application to be transferred to another office to conduct the ceremony ?- for example I see the SCG office has been more pro-active with rescheduling - Is it possible for the officers to give you a date to do in-person in another office, for example my scheduling is handled by Niagara office, can they say "we can give you an in-person oath ceremony on 12th May 2023 for the in-person oath ceremony in Scarborough?
Files move between the offices but not sure in this case since this is more of rescheduling rather than scheduling. All the people who have received rescheduling are from SCR and their original Oath was scheduled by SCR.

On the other hand, scheduling of Oath has been done by other offices other than your base/home/test location.

Also someone has been rescheduled today by NGF for May 17th. Their original ceremony was on April 19th.

segunalad

Apr 20, 2023
Files move between the offices but not sure in this case since this is more of rescheduling rather than scheduling. All the people who have received rescheduling are from SCR and their original Oath was scheduled by SCR.

On the other hand, scheduling of Oath has been done by other offices other than your base/home/test location.

Also someone has been rescheduled today by NGF for May 17th. Their original ceremony was on April 19th.
Oh wow, that's some good news. Thanks for the detailed explanation!!!

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
UPDATE:
Applied from: Online Vancouver
Canceled Original Appointment: April 27th, VO Calgary
Correspondences updated via email on May 1st: Was told to reschedule to May 10th
Called
IRCC on May 2nd to find out more and they said will send an urgent message to inform the office.
Tracker updated and also received notice to appear via email on May 3rd
Rescheduled: May 10th, VO Calgary. CONFIRMED

Patience guys, we are all in this together!
Congrats! Is yours in person or virtual?

TheCanadianBeast

Apr 20, 2023
Has anyone from the Mississauga office had their ceremonies rescheduled?
I just called IRCC and found that my oath doesn't have a new date yet and my office is Mississauga, even though I got my test invite from SCR office. :confused:
I also had the test invite from Scarborough office but Oath invite was from Mississauga IRCC. I had been invited for Oath for April 21th, 2023 and the new date is May 12th, 2023. So yes, the have started re-scheduling but no notice email yet to know if it is in person or virtual.

Reactions: felipeoxavier

B. B.

Sep 11, 2018
I just called IRCC and found that my oath doesn't have a new date yet and my office is Mississauga, even though I got my test invite from SCR office. :confused:
mine was 20th April , then its re-scheduled to 11th may, but didnt get email yet, only tracker. Mississauga office

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Just got the notice to appear in person oath email from SCR , cancelled virtual ,April 20th rescheduled for May 12th , with the simple instructions.

Reactions: 747-captain

felipeoxavier

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
I also had the test invite from Scarborough office but Oath invite was from Mississauga IRCC. I had been invited for Oath for April 21th, 2023 and the new date is May 12th, 2023. So yes, the have started re-scheduling but no notice email yet to know if it is in person or virtual.
Great to see that things are moving with the Mississauga office, hopefully I'll get my new date soon!!
Was your tracker updated or did you have to contact them and ask about your rescheduled oath?

mine was 20th April , then its re-scheduled to 11th may, but didnt get email yet, only tracker. Mississauga office
You'll probably get your email by tomorrow! Keep us posted!!
I got a ghost update on my tracker this morning, hopefully this means they are getting ready to reschedule my ceremony.

rdpatel1201@yahoo.in

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Yes same situation as yours
Test was from SCR and oath originally scheduled on 20th April Mississauga office. New date scheduled on may 12th. No email yet, waiting for official invitation

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
I hope IRCC staff will have some empathy for me.
  • Waiting for ceremony to be scheduled.
  • My company did a mass layoff yesterday.
  • My total comp was cut, and I will not see a refresh until end of year, if any at all.
  • I'm working under severe stress and anxiety of another layoff.
  • We're now fully RTO.
God have mercy on me and my colleagues. And hope I at least get my citizenship soon.

• Haha
Reactions: Alex2.5 and oboyzee

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
  • My total comp was cut, and I will not see a refresh until end of year, if any at all.
  • We're now fully RTO.
God have mercy on me and my colleagues. And hope I at least get my citizenship soon.
Not sure why someone would put a *laughing emoji* on your comment. I wish you all the best and I'm positive you will get scheduled soon! The offices seem to be working quicker than even before the strike, which is a good sign, so hang in there friend!

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Thank You!!! Your suggestion worked perfectly!!!!!!! Yesterday, I sent them an email with my confirmed international flight ticket receipt for June 2nd and proof, requesting an earlier oath date.

I just got an email this morning that they've rescheduled me for the IN-PERSON ceremony on May 12th at 12:30pm (Scarborough office). They said I should get the invitation in the next 2 business days! So incredibly happy AND RELIEVED!!!

Wish all the best for everyone on here, that they get their rescheduled oaths at the earliest!
Just received the email invitation for the in-person ceremony earlier this evening (May 3rd around 4 pm)

LeaveItGold

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
  • We're now fully RTO.

How getting citizenship will solve this for u?
Why dont u start applying for other jobs anyway.

Reactions: Alex2.5 and oboyzee