+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

argo1990

Sep 12, 2022
Folks! Please help me out here. My oath is tomorrow at 10:15. Shall I make a trip from the U.S. then? I already sent three emails to Niagara Falls office but no reply as of now... just hate to take a day off and spend around $1k for nothing...
Also, my portal is stuck at tge loading page, anyway I can make it work and see what's happening with the profile? Thanks!

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
Folks! Please help me out here. My oath is tomorrow at 10:15. Shall I make a trip from the U.S. then? I already sent three emails to Niagara Falls office but no reply as of now... just hate to take a day off and spend around $1k for nothing...
Also, my portal is stuck at tge loading page, anyway I can make it work and see what's happening with the profile? Thanks!
there's a very high chance your oath will go on as scheduled. its the cancelled ones that are going to be rescheduled.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
All of IRCC will go back to work.

Edit: reading the subreddit it looks like lots of unhappy people with the details of the deal. It may result in the deal getting rejected and back to a potential strike. Let's hope it doesn't get to that
Even the happiest subreddits are sad, expect for a few (e.g. r/MadeMeSmile). You can't generalize what most people feel by reading Reddit. More often than not, it is just confirmation bias.

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023

Edit: reading the subreddit it looks like lots of unhappy people with the details of the deal. It may result in the deal getting rejected and back to a potential strike. Let's hope it doesn't get to that
Ugh, give it a rest. There were over 120k people, so obviously not every single one of them will be happy, but there are also MANY others that where even content with the initial 9% over who will vote yes. Not all 120k people are on a reddit thread. The strike is OVER. Focus on that.

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi friends, is the passport appointment booking open? When I checked online and tried to book passport application, it is still saying it is not available due to labor strike. Not sure what is happening. I just had my oath on April 18.

Maagie

May 13, 2018
Where are those lazy IRCC employee's on here trolling? Can you all get back to work now and don't sit around tax payers citizenship grant application for 3years. Hit the ground running.

You get paid to do a job, you should freaking do it. Stop being lazy and messing around lads!!
If I was IRCC employee and saw y'all talking shit like this - I would make a point of being super slow and slack as much as I can.

Y'all really out here biting the hand that feeds you and still expect the best service?!

I can't imagine yelling at restaurant staff, calling them lazy and berating them and also expect them not to spit in my food.

Reactions: yyzstudent

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022

I doubt it. The union agreed to this deal. They will convince the members to go for this deal, since they will look weak if their members say no to a deal they tentatively accepted. I understand the workers feeling let down, but the likelihood of the union going back to strike is very low. They also would have less bargaining power if they do that again. If the majority votes no on this, the union can still go back to the negotiating table without declaring a strike. Considering that many did not even receive their strike pay, it is possible the union was bluffing about the strike fund availability.

Reactions: 747-captain

argo1990

Sep 12, 2022
Just got this email from Niagara Falls office:

Hello,

Due to the strike action, your Citizenship event planned for May 2nd, 2023 at 10:15 a.m. is cancelled. We will reschedule your event as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

This is an automated email, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY.

Bunch of morons. This country is a joke...

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Just got this email from Niagara Falls office:

Hello,

Due to the strike action, your Citizenship event planned for May 2nd, 2023 at 10:15 a.m. is cancelled. We will reschedule your event as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

This is an automated email, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY.

Bunch of morons. This country is a joke...
Looks like there body needs some more days to get in work mode. Strike would have taken a toil on there mental and physical health.
All we applicants can do is wait.