+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible misrepresentation due to work experience inconsistency

jamieyue

Feb 22, 2023
I am a convention refugee applying for PR. The thing is that I found that some discrepancy of my work experience (job title) in my previous visa application. I used to be a financial manager for 10 plus years and then switched to HR manager due to special regulation in the company; however, I still consistently participated in the financial work. So I am wondering if I change the job title to the correct one in my PR application and write a LoE, would it be possible for a misrepresentation?

So my identity as a convention refugee complicated the case? I mean if the IRCC officer really wants to charge me with misrepresentation, he will consider the outcome for me being deported while cannot return to my home country at the same time.
Need help, please!
@zohebshaikh
@legalfalcon

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I am a convention refugee applying for PR. The thing is that I found that some discrepancy of my work experience (job title) in my previous visa application. I used to be a financial manager for 10 plus years and then switched to HR manager due to special regulation in the company; however, I still consistently participated in the financial work. So I am wondering if I change the job title to the correct one in my PR application and write a LoE, would it be possible for a misrepresentation?

So my identity as a convention refugee complicated the case? I mean if the IRCC officer really wants to charge me with misrepresentation, he will consider the outcome for me being deported while cannot return to my home country at the same time.
Need help, please!
@zohebshaikh
@legalfalcon
You can correct when filing PR Applications form. that will not be considered as Misrepresentation if you did not misrepresent whole refugee claim..

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
Chill down bruh, just put the correct info, mispresentation is totally different than a mistake on just a job title.