+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possibility of drop in CRS

sohaib.chowdhury

Oct 10, 2014
hello everybody,
After the May draw we became optimistic about getting ITA since my score is 410 but the june draw broke our heart..
Is there any possibility for CRS to drop again in 1-2 months...

Reactions: GavinSouthAfrica

samuelja

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
CIC is pretty unpredictable as the trends project. But yes, from many analysts, the basic theory is that the CRS is going to fall hereafter. A better idea can be obtained once more draws are completed.

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
Yes CIC is unpredictable. CIC is doing all possible to avoid going 400 points and below, hence they are implementing new rules to alter the CRS points calculation and to increase its cutoff. I think now they are sending nominations or letter of interests to candidates with points as low as 370, to increase their points and keep the cutoff points high. Well only time will tell, if my theory is wrong. But wait for next 3-4 draws and see, else best will be to take nominations and apply.

All the best!

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
There are TWO schools of thoughts on this. Unfortunately, no one will know what CIC has in mind.

1 - They don't want scores to EVER go below 410 or 400. The logic of this is that if someone has a special skill needed by a province, they are welcome to be nominated by the province and that way, they can move to Canada. The logic of keeping scores above 400 or 410 is that unless you have some kind of special skill which is in need by the province, they want to generally keep the quality of applicants high. Candidates might be educated but most people who have a CLB 9 can manage to be over 400+. The ones who are below 400 are either OLDER or have not got a CLB 9 which are both concerns for CIC. Older immigrants do not contribute enough to the system and have less time to pay taxes compared to the younger lot. Also if you don't have a minimum CLB9, they could argue that it's more difficult to adjust into the Canadian way of life since language skills are something they give a lot of importance to. Strong language skills in one of their 2 official languages is something that helps in jobs and integration. It's also something that keeps coming up in public opinion that immigrants need to speak the language well.

2 - The other school of thought is that they won't mind the scores going below 400 since way back in 2014 in the OLDER system, anyone with a 6 in IELTS was eligible as long as they were in the chosen NOC. Hence if they could allow people with average language skills enter then, why not now? Many of those people have gone ahead and done well for themselves so why the big deal now. Anyone with a 390 could be as good as the people who were chosen then.

The counter argument to point 2 is that immigration worldwide is becoming more and more tighter and stricter. Canada doesn't owe anything to anyone. Australia has recently made their immigration more stricter and its more or less logical with the evidence we have that going forward, immigration to Canada can only get more and more difficult and not easier. LIMA points have been reduced. More points for french. More points for local education. So it's getting more and more tougher for people WITHOUT a Canadian connection or poor language skills. Hence it could only get more tougher over time and not easier.

People argue that Canada needs to reach 100 Million people to be economically at its peak and they always need people. And they need to bring in 100,000 to 300,000 people every year. Yes, of course. But Canada has shown in the last 2 years that restricting it to folks who are younger and with good language skills + PNP program is good enough to bring in the required numbers. There are a lot of people out there who can easily get 400+ and the rest can be covered through PNP. The world is very a large place and getting 100,000 educated people with good language skills is not difficult at all.

At the end of the day, NO ONE knows. IT could be Point 1. It could be Point 2. I just gave both sides to the coin and NO ONE will know.

I would not post this on the Ray of Hope thread since I would not want to bring the spirits of anyone down. I only wish and hope that everyone who wants to go to Canada truly get a chance to go to Canada. Immigration is not easy and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US have been brave enough to venture into this and I hope everyone one of us get to reach our goal - to be part of this great country.

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
hello everybody,
After the May draw we became optimistic about getting ITA since my score is 410 but the june draw broke our heart..
Is there any possibility for CRS to drop again in 1-2 months...
I'm in the same boat as you, had a score of 409 which is now dropping to 404 tomorrow.. Happy birthday to me :(

Thankfully my spouse hasn't done her IELTS yet and as natural English speakers we can probably add another 20 points onto our application. I was holding off on doing that until the June draw but it broke my heart to see it that high.

I personally see the CRS dropping down to 400 this year, but later than the optimists were saying before. I suspect (and I have nothing but my gut and experience to back this up) that the score won't hit 410 until late September.

If you can add points in any way I'd recommend you do that

Reactions: rorschach13