+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Positive LMO received,expired Work permit,under restoration process but applied

jocygan

Aug 27, 2010
hi
my work permit was expired Aug. 19,2010 and i was told not to work and apply for restoration and they gave me 3 months to apply and the work permit as well,and i just got my positive LMO Oct. 21, 2010, and already applied for the restoration and work permit,my question is can i now work with a positive LMO only but no restoration and no work permit? i need an advice please thank you Godbless

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You have to wait for your WP.

jocygan said:
hi
my work permit was expired Aug. 19,2010 and i was told not to work and apply for restoration and they gave me 3 months to apply and the work permit as well,and i just got my positive LMO Oct. 21, 2010, and already applied for the restoration and work permit,my question is can i now work with a positive LMO only but no restoration and no work permit? i need an advice please thank you Godbless

jocygan

Aug 27, 2010
so you mean wait till my work permit come out,how long will it take to wait for my restoration and work permit.thank you

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Depends- same employer, WP takes an average of 80 days, new employer 24 days, restoration of status, 103 days (as per cic.gc.ca).

jocygan said:
so you mean wait till my work permit come out,how long will it take to wait for my restoration and work permit.thank you

lieutenentdan087

Aug 4, 2009
Re: Positive LMO received,expired Work permit,under restoration process but appl

You will not be able to work until you recieve your restoration of status. If you have a positive lmo you will have you apply for a new work permit. This will come if you get your restoration of status. It takes 62 days for them to process the restoration. You also have to pay the fees for a new work permit.

locam

Jan 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jocygan said:
hi
Hi joycgan,

We have the same situation,I applied for restoration status as well as my work permit last Dec 22,2010.And I'm currently not working.how's your application right now?Mine is still in process..