+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Portuguese PCC Expiration date

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, my wife and me are preparing the PCC we will need when get ITA for the countries we no longer reside.
Yesterday she got the one from Portugal and it writes and the end that is valid for 3 months. According to the CIC website, the PCC from a country where you no longer reside, is valid forever, of course if was issued after the last departure.

In this case, the CIC rules are more important than the Portugal rules and this PCC is valid forever? Or after 3 months if still don't received ITA we will need to apply for a new one?

Thank you!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You can use the PCC but add a LoE to be on the safe side.

nonnemacher

Aug 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted my Irish PCC that was 1.5 years old and so far so good. I called immigration before submitting my application back in October 16' and asked if I could submit the PCC since I haven't visited the island for a long time. The agent said it should be fine, but the officer has the final word and he could end up asking for a new PCC. I ordered a new one a few days after submitting just to be on the safe side but so far I haven't heard back from them (I am reaching the 5th month mark this week after AOR)

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nonnemacher said:
I submitted my Irish PCC that was 1.5 years old and so far so good. I called immigration before submitting my application back in October 16' and asked if I could submit the PCC since I haven't visited the island for a long time. The agent said it should be fine, but the officer has the final word and he could end up asking for a new PCC. I ordered a new one a few days after submitting just to be on the safe side but so far I haven't heard back from them (I am reaching the 5th month mark this week after AOR)
Thanks for the info. Yes maybe we will check and if is not difficult, we may apply for a new one once get ITA.

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi again! I just applied for a new one. But I got a doubt:

The Portuguese PCC only comes with electronic signature (a number). In Spain is the same, but the consulate can make a legalization so then it is valid for outside of Spain (I did it with no problem). But we went today to the Portuguese consulate and they say they can't put a chop or legalizate it. Don't know what to do, as the IRCC need at least a stamp, if not they say this document is a copy and people is getting rejected because that in other countries.