+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Portal email - Outland to inland?

Canadream2017

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
FSW-Outland applicant here..

For the portal confirmation, I heard that we need to respond within 3-5 days to receive the portal details.
I have a Canadian TRV visitor which is still valid to enter Canada. Both my fiancee and I are in USA now. So I wish to fly to Canada and switch to eCOPR and do a virtual landing, is it possible to do that? Is it the same portal for inland and outland?

Your help is important please.

Last edited:

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
FSW-Outland applicant here, CoPR: 8 June.

For the portal confirmation, I heard that we need to respond within 3-5 days to receive the portal details.
I have a Canadian TRV visitor which is still valid to enter Canada. Both my fiancee and I are in USA now. So I wish to fly to Canada and switch to eCOPR and do a virtual landing, is it possible to do that? Is it the same portal for inland and outland?

Your help is important please.
You are an outland applicant and already have CoPR. Portal confirmation is ONLY for inland applicants for virtual landing. There is no provision to switch to eCoPR. You will have to land in Canada and activate your PR.

Canadream2017

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
You are an outland applicant and already have CoPR. Portal confirmation is ONLY for inland applicants for virtual landing. There is no provision to switch to eCoPR. You will have to land in Canada and activate your PR.
I do not have a PR visa. Are you certain that I cannot use my TRV to enter Canada? And switch to a virtual landing there? I am sure there are similar cases..

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I do not have a PR visa. Are you certain that I cannot use my TRV to enter Canada? And switch to a virtual landing there? I am sure there are similar cases..
How do you have CoPR without a PR visa stamped on passport? Are you from visa exempt country ? not sure where did you observe the switch from CoPR to eCoPR, both of them have their own purpose.

Also I did not mention anything about TRV, I have no clue

Canadream2017

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
How do you have CoPR without a PR visa stamped on passport? Are you from visa exempt country ? not sure where did you observe the switch from CoPR to eCoPR, both of them have their own purpose.

Also I did not mention anything about TRV, I have no clue
I apologize for my mistake. I do not have CoPR yet, I have received RFV email (which means I have CoPR I guess?). So I am inclined to submit our passports due to travel plans, and instead, we want to fly to Canada next weekend (with exiting TRV) and try to do a virtual landing from there. We have a Canadian address (family house) so proof of address isn't an issue. Is that possible?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I apologize for my mistake. I do not have CoPR yet, I have received RFV email (which means I have CoPR I guess?). So I am inclined to submit our passports due to travel plans, and instead, we want to fly to Canada next weekend (with exiting TRV) and try to do a virtual landing from there. We have a Canadian address (family house) so proof of address isn't an issue. Is that possible?
I am not sure, but I dont think thats possible at this stage when you have received RFV and you are still outside Canada. Wait for others to comment as well.

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
I might not be certain on this but dont one gets 7 days time (starting today)to respond to RFV?
If you are planning to fly next weekend (after 7 days) it could be a problem. Further, you probably have declared in your application as an outlander. If i were you, I wouldn’t take this risk & cause unnecessary delays.

ishaW

Apr 21, 2023
Hi Guys,

Please guide;

I am planning to travel to the US and Canada (on tourist Visa, which I currently have), and my wife and the new born will both be in the country of residence. I will be in Canada for the next few months. If the PR is approved while I am in Canada, but both my wife and child are in country of residence, would this create any problems? What can I possibly do in this scenario? Will I be able to virtually land in Canada and claim PR status while my wife and kid can travel to Canada after approval and join me there? Your guidance will be appreciated.

Regards,