+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Portal email AND Ready For Visa email?!

MissyJ2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Please help!!

I applied (CEC) from outside Canada. However, I am now in Canada. IRCC knows this.

A few days ago I received a pre-portal email, asking for my email/uci/etc. I replied to it right away.

Today I received a ready for visa email. After that, I received a reminder to reply to the pre-portal email!

Is this normal? Should I reply to both the ready for visa email and the reminder pre-portal email?

@legalfalcon you know the answer to this?

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Please help!!

I applied (CEC) from outside Canada. However, I am now in Canada. IRCC knows this.

A few days ago I received a pre-portal email, asking for my email/uci/etc. I replied to it right away.

Today I received a ready for visa email. After that, I received a reminder to reply to the pre-portal email!

Is this normal? Should I reply to both the ready for visa email and the reminder pre-portal email?

@legalfalcon you know the answer to this?
Reply to both. Send the Portal all the information they requested and re-confirm that you are indeed inside Canada.
Reply to the RFV email and notify them you are INSIDE Canada and that you will be confirming your PR status via the PR Portal.

MissyJ2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Reply to both. Send the Portal all the information they requested and re-confirm that you are indeed inside Canada.
Reply to the RFV email and notify them you are INSIDE Canada and that you will be confirming your PR status via the PR Portal.
Thank you so much for replying. I'll reply to everything right now.

My understanding is that the Ready For Visa email is supposed to be for outlanders. Is that correct?

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Thank you so much for replying. I'll reply to everything right now.

My understanding is that the Ready For Visa email is supposed to be for outlanders. Is that correct?
Yeah if you're already in Canada you should be landed virtually via the Portal. The PR Visa would be issued if you are still outside of Canada as a means to facilitate your travel to Canada to land as a PR.

FYI The Portal may send you several reminder emails after you submit your info to them - just keep replying to each one with your information. Some kind of glitch in their system. Good luck

MissyJ2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Yeah if you're already in Canada you should be landed virtually via the Portal. The PR Visa would be issued if you are still outside of Canada as a means to facilitate your travel to Canada to land as a PR.

FYI The Portal may send you several reminder emails after you submit your info to them - just keep replying to each one with your information. Some kind of glitch in their system. Good luck
Makes sense. Thanks a million for helping me :).

Reactions: klein

Geofrey

Mar 29, 2019
I need help, it's 3 time attempt IRCC confirms to send portal email to me (2 times) and my representative (1 time) but we both didn't receive any emails. Checked in junk and spam emails, there is not email from IRCC.
Has any one ever encountered such challenge to help me out how to solve it please. Regards

aaronc30

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
I need help, it's 3 time attempt IRCC confirms to send portal email to me (2 times) and my representative (1 time) but we both didn't receive any emails. Checked in junk and spam emails, there is not email from IRCC.
Has any one ever encountered such challenge to help me out how to solve it please. Regards
Do you received other emails from IRCC like webform replies etc?