WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
Hey everyone!

thank you guys all :) but don't worry you cant get rid of me that easy.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Hey everyone!

Kiab... Fabulous landing story. So happy you are both together and glad he got to experience the winter season. Keep us updated on how things go and how he adjusts to life in Canada. Are you in the Toronto area?

Ms Ruby! Glad to hear you're well and so is hubby. Always nice when we get to spend time with our significant other. Stage 1 approval should be coming soon!

MissD welcome back! We missed you. Happy to see you and sounds like you're ready to beat POS down! Glad the exams went well, knew you would ace them. Sounds like a wedding is in the future. Hope we get to see a picture of the beautiful bride and groom!?!?!! ;)

Cdnandtrini... Hi! Thanks for always holding down the forum and being such a positive energy to everyone here. Hubby get the new job? Did he miss not being in Trini for carnival this year? My husband streamed everything online. He likes to see the performances if nothing else. It's always been such a big part of his life and he is exposing our daughter to the music, culture, etc.

Can-vinc... Gosh you and hubby are strong! I admire your strength and patience. This must be so hard for you. The not knowing is so unfair. It likely helps to keep yourself busy but I can only imagine being in your place. Stay strong and you're in all of our prayers. Would it be an option for you to connect with your MP to find out anything more with your file? It's always a tough call when sending emails or involving MP's but just wondering if that may be an option for you at some point.

O&O WOW times flies... Well except when you're waiting for immigration to actually start processing your application. My hubby just passed the 5 month mark. Still seems unreal. Things are great with us. Really hoping winter ends soon. It will be nice to enjoy spring, go for walks and the playground with our daughter. Glad to hear your hubby is doing well. Seems like things just naturally picked up where they left off!

Shout out to all the friends on the JA forum. Happy that files are starting to move and PPR are starting to flow. Keep it coming for the POS and JA. Talk soon everyone!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
KIAB said:
Hey everyone!

thank you guys all :) but don't worry you cant get rid of me that easy.
lol..... ;D

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Behopeful said:
Hey everyone!

Cdnandtrini... Hi! Thanks for always holding down the forum and being such a positive energy to everyone here. Hubby get the new job? Did he miss not being in Trini for carnival this year? My husband streamed everything online. He likes to see the performances if nothing else. It's always been such a big part of his life and he is exposing our daughter to the music, culture, etc.
Hello my dear Behopeful and thank you. Always nice to hear from you. Yes hubby totally missed Carnival this year too but we are already talking about maybe going back for next year. The funny thing is though he wants to "work" it not attend!! It was his big money-making season as a tour guide and he had many loyal clients that used to hire him every year for the season so who knows? It is all part of the first year adjustment of "firsts" right? He is so cute the other day he asked my mother when is our "dry season"? :p...OMG so adorable!! And yes, he is still "washing de wares" by hand unless I can run a cycle when he leaves the house! Blessings.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
CdnandTrini said:
Hello my girl how are you? We both have hubby landing "anniversaries" today! Yours is officially one month and mine is officially 3 months!! Hope Mr. O&O is not working too hard and saves a bit of that energy for Mrs. O&O :-*......Blessings my dear, your thread is finally on fire catching up and send out those PPRs and visas. Good news for all the JA ladies and hubbies :D.
I am well thanks how are you? Sharing anniversary dates together is exciting lol happy 3 months Mr C&T. Mr O&O is working so hard trying to get our life on track God bless him. KGN is on fire for sure hope many get landed real soon. Anything new with you girl?

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
And yes, he is still "washing de wares" by hand unless I can run a cycle when he leaves the house! Blessings.
[/quote

LMFAO I'm bursting into tears over here way too funny. Aww at least your not out there in that hot sun washing the wears. I don't blame you for sneaking it into the cycle.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Behopeful darling your way too sweet. Time surely flies once they are here omg really 5 months???? Where has the time went. I agree it feels like eternity waiting on the vo to contact us going through the process. Things are still rough as we're trying to get on our feet were at the bottom right now but it sure will pick up. I can't wait for spring as well outdoor activities. Glad the fam is well and that hubby is teaching your daughter the
Trini culture.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
oneandonly said:
And yes, he is still "washing de wares" by hand unless I can run a cycle when he leaves the house! Blessings.
[/quote

LMFAO I'm bursting into tears over here way too funny. Aww at least your not out there in that hot sun washing the wears. I don't blame you for sneaking it into the cycle.
:p not much new here girl, just trying to improve our lot in life like everyone else. But now at least we have our significant others with us so that is half the battle, right? For those still waiting - keep the faith - it will be over one day, it does not last forever!!

The irony with my hubby is that I love to hang the wash outside and he wants to use the clothes dryer for that! Have a clothesline here at home and in Trinidad so that is my mental therapy. Love the smell of fresh line dried linens and clothes (even if they are a bit stiff and crispy):D. My hubs likes his all smooth from the dryer. I should hang out a pair of his jeans to freeze, like my granny used to have to do, then bring them in to melt!! Now that is a slice of Canadian history. Blessings my dear :-*.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
@Behopeful,

Thank you so much, it has definitely been a rough month, possibly one of the roughest yet since we've started this whole journey/nightmare. We are thisclose to asking our MP to look into it but it just really freaks me out. I have it stuck in my head that they're going to be spiteful and refuse us if we bother them. I know it is irrational but I can't shake it. That being said... it is now two full months past our interview date... so something has to give...............................................

thanks for checking in on us!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can-Vinc said:
@ Behopeful,

Thank you so much, it has definitely been a rough month, possibly one of the roughest yet since we've started this whole journey/nightmare. We are thisclose to asking our MP to look into it but it just really freaks me out. I have it stuck in my head that they're going to be spiteful and refuse us if we bother them. I know it is irrational but I can't shake it. That being said... it is now two full months past our interview date... so something has to give...............................................

thanks for checking in on us!
Feeling bad :'( that you and hubby are having to suffer through this delay my dear and sending positive prayers your way. Can-Vinc, hang in there!!! I can see why you are on tenterhooks but have faith that your decision is not going to be made because of reasonable client follow up from your end. Why not just send an e-mail? They expect those from applicants and that would not involve your MP. I am sure you will hear this month, they need to wrap things up for their fiscal year end. Blessings for you and hubby to stay encouraged and hopeful. :-*

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
AW C&T, it certainly isn't my intent to make anyone feel bad or anything... but I appreciate your prayers and thoughts nonetheless. We just submitted a CSE. I agree that this is the best option. If we don't hear anything back from that in the next few weeks, we'll have to ask our MP. But for now I'm just feeling a little bit better that we did SOMETHING. They do say it could take a few weeks to respond and if we're within the normal processing time that we may not get a response at all... but oh well.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can-Vinc said:
AW C&T, it certainly isn't my intent to make anyone feel bad or anything... but I appreciate your prayers and thoughts nonetheless. We just submitted a CSE. I agree that this is the best option. If we don't hear anything back from that in the next few weeks, we'll have to ask our MP. But for now I'm just feeling a little bit better that we did SOMETHING. They do say it could take a few weeks to respond and if we're within the normal processing time that we may not get a response at all... but oh well.
I know my dear CV.....we just feel bad on your behalf as we all know how difficult this process is on couples and families. Glad you sent a CSE and feel good about that. The first one I sent was when it was past 4-5 months after we applied and I had not received an AOR. The CIC service standard "says" they are supposed to go out after 90 days. So I sent a CSE as I wanted to make sure that our file had arrived in POS, that was one of my big worries, that it would get lost in transit or get lost once it arrived in POS. To my pleasant shock :p - I got a reply back in 24 hours confirming receipt of our file and about a week or 2 later the official AOR arrived!! So POS - get off your butts for this one PLEASE??!! Blessings.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Thanks lady! We're hoping for a quick response too. For us it is just that if we need to pull more information together or get anything else they might need, we just want to get working on it! If we're waiting all this time b/c everything is hunky dorey and the next contact is PPR, then amazing! But if we've sat and waiting for two months just to find out they need something else, it isn't going to be a pretty sight :mad:

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can-Vinc said:
Thanks lady! We're hoping for a quick response too. For us it is just that if we need to pull more information together or get anything else they might need, we just want to get working on it! If we're waiting all this time b/c everything is hunky dorey and the next contact is PPR, then amazing! But if we've sat and waiting for two months just to find out they need something else, it isn't going to be a pretty sight :mad:
I hear you girl, that is why I think it is important for us as the "consumers" to keep nudging them along. Even when they make errors; which they do all the time considering the volume of work they have to process and the many opportunities for human error; they tend not to be accountable or admit it and often they do not fast track the process even if it is their error. So you keep hold of your application in the way that you need to :-*!! Blessings and keep us posted.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Hi everyone,

Can you believe they emailed us back already?! less than 24 hours!

Turns out they say they sent us a request (they didn't say what method but we have been religiously checking junk mail, snail mail, etc.) back on Jan 17 (the day after it went to In Process) asking for a renewed police check from SVG and fingerprints from SVG (stamped, etc.). But in light of my email, we must not have received the request and that we have 30 days from today to provide this (this is not a problem for us to do).

I don't want to get my hopes up but I don't think they'd ask for this stuff if they were going to refuse us -- am I totally offbase about feeling that way?

I'm super annoyed with myself that we let our fears get in the way of inquiring sooner but we are overall quite pleased at their quick response and happy and excited that we have movement again.