Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Faith25 said:
Hi POS family, I've been around reading for the past 8 months but too shy to comment. I'm blessed to find this forum. Everyone is so positive, supporting, informative and most of all respectful. I must say that this process has challenged me mentally, physically, emotionally ( cry almost everyday) and spiritually. It has gotten me so bitter and sour. Every time someone here gets a PPR, I get strength like I were the one who got PPR.
I must say that I miss Millsu and miss dominca. As for the rest of you, I'm more than happy to see u on here.
Faith25......WELCOME!!!! Don't be shy, we need people here to keep encouraging each other and supporting and sharing the love and tears and triumphs and tribulations my dear. We all feel everything you are feeling and going through so join in and stand with us. Are you the applicant or sponsor? What countries are you and your beloved from? We love to hear how people meet and their love story too.......no pressure but bring it on my dear!! ;) I can add you to the spread sheet if you give me a few more details. Blessings and hang in there.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Behopeful said:
Congrats!! Fabulous news and can't wait to hear about the landing. What country are you from? All the best!
Behopeful.......hello my dear how are you and hubs doing? samavril's hubby is Grenadian FYI. If I recall correctly she was born in Canada, raised in Grenada and met hubby there and sponsored him. I believe he worked/studied in Mexico for a year or 2 so that slowed down there process a bit due to needing the police clearance from there. Blessings my dear :-*

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Behopeful said:
Welcome to the forum Faith! And glad you came out of hiding!! :D

Can you tell us a little about yourself? Are you the sponsor or applicant? What country? When was app filed? Any red flags? Happy you have joined us. We are here to answer questions, listen when you feel like this process will never end and pick you up on a bad day! Trust me we have all been there and felt the wave of emotions and question everything about our file.

Cdnandtrini is managing the spreadsheet so she would be happy to add you if you are ok with that. If anyone else is lurking come out and join us! We are a small but mighty group!
great minds respond alike :p................lol.............

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Happy Sunday everyone!!

I printed, signed and dated all the forms that hubby need to signed as well and I mailed it to him.

Question: does he need to date the forms the same date I used last week or should he use the present date? P.s it's a long distance relationship : )

Thanks guys!

Faith25

Dec 30, 2013
Thanks for the warm welcome forum friends! I'm the applicant. My hubby and his family ( parents , grandparents are Canadian born). My case has red flags, failed refugee and HC case. We got married in Jan 2013. Our file was suppose to be sent in April 2013, however, the immig consultant sent it in Sept 2013 ( lied to us). To make it worse she sent in the applications without the medical and police check. She said it's better to wait for the VO to request it since it might expire and I would have to redo it. I called her to variety again and this time around she emailed me an AOR for the first stage ( sponsor approval). She said that I should try to get the Medicals done using the AOR. When I called the doctor, she said I have to wait for the VO to send me a form with a barcode in order to do the Medicals. REALLY??? Didn't my consultant know that? Aaaaw!! I then logged to ecas and using my uci # I checked my application status. Thanks to this forum I learnt so much! That's when I realize my application was received in Sept 2013 instead of April like the consultant said. So application was sent in Sept 11 2013, file transfer Sept 27 to POS ( + CSQ request), sent CSQ and undertaking forms to MICC on Sept 28, received CSQ certificate in Oct 29.
Since then I've been waiting for news from POS. Not even an AOR!

Faith25

Dec 30, 2013
Question

1) Can I check my application status for stage 2 with my file number from
Stage 1? Or do I have to wait for an AOR from POS with a different #?

2) Should I email POS to ask for and AOR or should I wait another month? It's been four months since they received my file.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Hi Everyone!!

Congratulations to LouisFam and Samavril and welcome to the newcomers!

Hi C&T, Kadi, Behopeful, Kiab, MsRuby, Zouk, chickie, O&O and all of the other lovelies who've been keeping us in their prayers and checking in. Sorry I've been MIA, just been throwing myself into work, communicating with hubs and avoiding the computer when I get home from work and trying to keep stress levels down (not that this forum is a source of stress, just the opposite in fact but moreso just trying to keep busy and keep our minds on other things... as if that is possible). We're still waiting and still In Process so no updates from us... I check every day with my stomach dropping out to see if it has changed (we don't want it to change until we hear from them) and every day it stays the same... haven't checked yet today.. I try to wait until end of day in case there is bad news, I don't want it haunting me all day at work.

Faith, I don't think it would hurt to check and see if they've recieved it, they are spotty with responses so don't despair if you don't hear anything... as for checking on ecas, you SHOULD be able to use the File # or your UCI # (since you're being sponsored)... I'll let some of the others correct me if I am wrong (always possible as much as I hate to admit it sometimes).

MissD or Millslu, we'd love to hear from you if you're lurking and if you are lurking I'm saying hello and hope you and your families are doing well.

I'll do a better job of keeping in touch!
Can-Vinc

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
I saw this posted in another thread and thought it might be interesting... do yourself a favour... don't read the comments... sometimes I wonder if I even want to live in this country anymore when so many of our countrymen are so hateful. Anyways, I'm not trying to stir anything up... the article is interesting but the comments are gross.

http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2014/02/01/a_rare_look_inside_the_black_box_of_canada_immigration.html

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA lately, but there's a good reason for it. On January 23rd, my husband and I welcomed our first child into the world, a beautiful baby girl ;D Needless to say, we've had our hands full! We are all happy n healthy, and getting into the swing of this new phase of life :)

Welcome to all the new folks, congrats to everyone who's had an update, and to those still waiting, keep the faith as this too shall pass.

I may not be on as often in the next few weeks, but if anyone needs me, feel free to PM me and I'll get the email notification.

Stay blessed all :-\

smokijoe

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PoS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not needed
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2012
LANDED..........
12/06/2012
Zouk Princesse said:
Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA lately, but there's a good reason for it. On January 23rd, my husband and I welcomed our first child into the world, a beautiful baby girl ;D Needless to say, we've had our hands full! We are all happy n healthy, and getting into the swing of this new phase of life :)

Welcome to all the new folks, congrats to everyone who's had an update, and to those still waiting, keep the faith as this too shall pass.

I may not be on as often in the next few weeks, but if anyone needs me, feel free to PM me and I'll get the email notification.

Congrats Zouk. Now the fun bits begin.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Can-Vinc said:
Hi Everyone!!

Congratulations to LouisFam and Samavril and welcome to the newcomers!

Hi C&T, Kadi, Behopeful, Kiab, MsRuby, Zouk, chickie, O&O and all of the other lovelies who've been keeping us in their prayers and checking in. Sorry I've been MIA, just been throwing myself into work, communicating with hubs and avoiding the computer when I get home from work and trying to keep stress levels down (not that this forum is a source of stress, just the opposite in fact but moreso just trying to keep busy and keep our minds on other things... as if that is possible). We're still waiting and still In Process so no updates from us... I check every day with my stomach dropping out to see if it has changed (we don't want it to change until we hear from them) and every day it stays the same... haven't checked yet today.. I try to wait until end of day in case there is bad news, I don't want it haunting me all day at work.

Faith, I don't think it would hurt to check and see if they've recieved it, they are spotty with responses so don't despair if you don't hear anything... as for checking on ecas, you SHOULD be able to use the File # or your UCI # (since you're being sponsored)... I'll let some of the others correct me if I am wrong (always possible as much as I hate to admit it sometimes).

MissD or Millslu, we'd love to hear from you if you're lurking and if you are lurking I'm saying hello and hope you and your families are doing well.

I'll do a better job of keeping in touch!
Can-Vinc
Good afternoon Can-Vic glad you stopped in to chat a lot of us understand we all need some time away from certain things throughout this process. Hopefully some positive showers comes your way praying for you and hubby. Stay busy it will drive u less crazy. Blessings and thank you for the shout out.

Good afternoon POS Fam how is everyone doing?

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Zouk Princesse said:
Hi everyone,

Congratulations ZP on your new bundle of joy a princess. All the best and welcome to mother life what a beautiful new beginning and chapter of your life.

vania

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Bulgaria
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
25.11.13 new Schedule A
AOR Received.
27.08.13/ from VO 30.01.14
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
June 2013/4.11.14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Congats ZO. I wish you good health and good sleep. It's be wonderful .
And speedy process of all of you

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Congratulations Zouk! I think it is safe to say you're living the dream and am wishing you all of the best (including some sleep) in this next phase! From our somewhat limited interactions here, I know you'll make a wonderful set of parents!

O&O thank you! Will keep you all updated as we hear more.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Zouk Princesse said:
Hi everyone,

Congratulations Zouk!!!! Wishing you and hubby a wonderful new chapter in life. It's more amazing when both parents are united in this chapter : )