+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

trini1813

Jan 23, 2014
Hi
I am new to this my case is not the usual family sponsorship my grandmother is sponsoring me as she lives alone Canada she is allowed to sponsor one relative so far she been approved as a sponsor,got my CSQ and my file was transferred to pos i have not heard from pos. How long before pos send my AOR

KIAB

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUG-2013
AOR Received.
02-SEPT-2013 [Stage 1], 18-NOV-2013 [STAGE 2]
File Transfer...
09-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
11-JULY-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
trini1813 said:
Hi
I am new to this my case is not the usual family sponsorship my grandmother is sponsoring me as she lives alone Canada she is allowed to sponsor one relative so far she been approved as a sponsor,got my CSQ and my file was transferred to pos i have not heard from pos. How long before pos send my AOR
Its suppose to be within 3 months of your file being recieved however with POS it just depends. They can either send you your AOR or just bypass that step completely. If after 3 months you havent heard you can try emailing them.

LouisFam

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-01-2013
Med's Done....
1-10-2012, Meds extended
Interview........
Waived - ECAS In Process 23-09-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-02-2014 landed on my birthday.God is good!
Behopeful said:
Goodnight forum members! Just dropping in quick to see how everyone is doing. We are preparing for the holidays and it is so great that hubby will be with our daughter for her second Christmas. I actually never thought it would happen and that he would be here for Christmas. Truly counting our blessings. My challenge is to convince him that our daughter does not need hundreds of dollars of toys!!!! It's so nice to make decisions together and plan for our future.

Just wanted to let everyone know hubby received his PR card in the mail about 10 days ago. Seeing the VISA in his PP was an amazing feeling but getting the PR card really solidified everything for us. I feel like I've stopped holding my breath and waiting for everything to fall. He is here for good and will not be going anywhere again!

I haven't seen any recent posts from LouisFam or doclady... Any news from either of you? Perhaps I missed something. Hope everyone is taking care.
Hi Behopeful... awwww, you remembered us! lol I was just lurking around, its been a while since hubby and I have been on the forum. Well as you all know in November we encountered a hiccup while waiting for PP return. We were informed by MP that CIC was requesting RCMP fingerprints so November was a hectic and emotional month for us. As Millslu said and for anybody else who is newer on the forum and the application process, its best to be prepared for these things because you just never know what CIC will suddenly request. Anyway we got fingerprints digitized and received RCMP reports which have been received by POS. Our status has changed to DM as of last Saturday so we wait for PP to be returned. Hubby and I and kids are all in St Lucia now as of Jan 1/14. We decided at this time we had to be together and patiently wait together. We are praying that we receive PP with visa sometime this week so we can go back and continue our lives in Canada. That's our little update :)

coleenjgirl

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
pos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
File Transfer...
08-08-2013
Med's Done....
25-01-2013

coleenjgirl

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
pos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
File Transfer...
08-08-2013
Med's Done....
25-01-2013
Can my application for sponsorship approve and file transfer be changed to july 2013. Thank you

coleenjgirl

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
pos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
File Transfer...
08-08-2013
Med's Done....
25-01-2013
The date is july 10.2013

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
oneandonly said:
Behopeful how are you and hubby doing?

C&T how are you darling?
Hi o&o!

We are doing great. Thanks for asking. Life is busy. The immigration process is long ago a memory!

How are you? I really can't believe they have held your hubby's PP for so long. These people are truly crazy and heartless. It's coming though! Can't wait for DM!

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
LouisFam said:
Hi Behopeful... awwww, you remembered us! lol I was just lurking around, its been a while since hubby and I have been on the forum. Well as you all know in November we encountered a hiccup while waiting for PP return. We were informed by MP that CIC was requesting RCMP fingerprints so November was a hectic and emotional month for us. As Millslu said and for anybody else who is newer on the forum and the application process, its best to be prepared for these things because you just never know what CIC will suddenly request. Anyway we got fingerprints digitized and received RCMP reports which have been received by POS. Our status has changed to DM as of last Saturday so we wait for PP to be returned. Hubby and I and kids are all in St Lucia now as of Jan 1/14. We decided at this time we had to be together and patiently wait together. We are praying that we receive PP with visa sometime this week so we can go back and continue our lives in Canada. That's our little update :)
YAY... Finalllllly!!!! I'm doing a happy dance for your family. It's likely hard to be excited at this point but the PP is on it's way back without a doubt. Congrats and don't forget to share that landing story with us. What part of Canada are you from?

You made a very valid point regarding the RCMP checks. Hind sight is always 20/20 but for anyone that is just starting make sure to dot all your i's and cross the t's. Glad for you and the family.

Hi Gigi... Sorry to hear that the lawyer continues to screw you over. My prayers and strength are with you both. The days may seem dark right now but the brightness will return. Stay strong.

Cdnandtrini... How are you feeling? I'm hoping our family doesn't get hit by the nasty flu/ cold that is going around. So far we've been lucky and hope it stays that way.

MissD... Always thinking of you. I will keep checking this forum until your hubby is on Canadian soil! Graduation is just around the corner!

Can-Vinc... Hope you are well.

Ms.Ruby is that application out of your hands yet?!?!! J/K take your time and you will know you have done absolutely everything!!

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Millslu... Maybe you don't come around anymore but hope you are well too! And hope wifey is good too!

Brit_edwards... How was your trip to see hubby? Any update on your file??

FAD... How is hubby enjoying Canada? Bet this gloomy cold is taking a toll on him! How is baby? She must be turning 1 soon?! Stay well!

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Behopeful said:
Hi o&o!

We are doing great. Thanks for asking. Life is busy. The immigration process is long ago a memory!

How are you? I really can't believe they have held your hubby's PP for so long. These people are truly crazy and heartless. It's coming though! Can't wait for DM!
Hi Behopeful

Happy to read the immigration process is a distant memory now something we can all tell our kids someday.

Last Friday hubby was informed that the file was in final review so hopefully it's not much longer. Never once thought it would be 60days. Aww thanks for your positive words I guess we all can't wait for DM.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
LouisFam said:
It's been a long journey for your family hope that visa gets back soon so you can continue your life in canada. Looking forward to reading your landing story.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Behopeful said:
Millslu... Maybe you don't come around anymore but hope you are well too! And hope wifey is good too!

Brit_edwards... How was your trip to see hubby? Any update on your file??

FAD... How is hubby enjoying Canada? Bet this gloomy cold is taking a toll on him! How is baby? She must be turning 1 soon?! Stay well!
I speak to FAD her baby girl is so adorable growing up so quickly I can imagine. Her hubby found a job. Hopefully she will come on the forum and update everyone she's been a busy girl.

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Hey TriniFam;

Sending a shout-out; hope everyone is doing well.

Can-Vinc; hold your faith; I am praying for you. C&T and FAD please come out to play; just bundle up first ;D

LouisFam; happy to know the fam is together; I am sure PP will be returned soon.

mizzdanish

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 17th 2013
AOR Received.
Nov. 25th
File Transfer...
Dec 9 2013
Med's Done....
July 2013
Interview........
Aug 21st 2014
Hey everyone, long time. Few questions - I was approved to sponsor in nov of 2013 , when i check my application status online it says the received our application for PR - but doesnt say where -would it be in POS yet? Also I dont need to be checking that website every week right? lol I feel like something is going to change but reading on here it seems it takes months...

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
mizzdanish said:
Hey everyone, long time. Few questions - I was approved to sponsor in nov of 2013 , when i check my application status online it says the received our application for PR - but doesnt say where -would it be in POS yet? Also I dont need to be checking that website every week right? lol I feel like something is going to change but reading on here it seems it takes months...
Good afternoon mizzdanish congrats on sponsorship approval. Ecas won't indicate the date it was received great sign that it now says application received. Does it say medicals received? Some VO's will update Ecas to in process once they start working on your file. You can send a case enquire email asking if they did confirm they received your application in pos. One of the pos members will fill you in with the email but I read some people don't get AOR until 5 months after they applied through POS. Hopefully someone will be around to help you. Don't loose hope you may get through in 4 months like a recent member did. Blessings