5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Behopeful said:
Needhimback... Don't worry! Consider yourself lucky in finding this forum which guides you in preparing your application. Always remember quality over quantity. Your application is yours and your opportunity to address red flags and tell your story as you want the VO to read it. If you leave things to question, the VO will question or doubt your story. As Zouk always says use a cover letter to guide the officer through your application and bring highlights to positives and a place to explain away red flags.
My husband also overstayed a VISA but we didn't have an interview. Your file will be wonderfully prepared and ask us questions as they come up. We can help as much as possible.
Behopeful once again I thank you for this advise. I see what is going on here and have a pretty good idea how I will be addressing my application, my application coverage letter will be so detailed and I will mention and explain all red flag issues. I will stay in this forum and learn all that's need. As mentioned I did sponsor 15 years ago, but it was not this difficult at that time it took my ex-husband 6 month to land. wow how things changed and it's only because one bad apple soiled the entire bunch!!!.

thanks again behopeful. I kinda feel better, because seriously I have alot on my mind with this

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Can-Vinc said:
Hi Zouk & Behopeful, You're right... that is their concern it would seem (I would just like to reiterate that this was NOWHERE on our notes and not indicated on our interview request -- I just don't know why they didn't STATE that as their concern). We do not have a ton of proof of our relationship here in Canada aside from the many photos that we have/provided as we're both old-fashioned and didn't "share" anything really when he was here: we didn't formally live together so no lease, although we were together 24/7; we didn't have a joint account; we didn't have insurance together, etc. We were certain we were going down that path but hadn't really put any of it to paper so the photos were our main source of proof (that she said could have been taken in St. Vincent -- ummm I didn't realize that downtown Niagara Falls looked like St. Vincent... certainly NOT the St. Vincent I've seen; ditto for the pics of our road trips; ditto for the photos of us dressed in winter/fall clothes, etc.). Through my scrounging I've found a few emails that I exchanged with my friends with mention of our relationship, etc., and I could get my family to provide notarized statements. We aren't close with his family as they are really not nice to him and so they aren't a part of our life. These are the only items that were not included with our application.

Ruby & Needhimback, you all have a great advantage that I didn't have.... you're on this forum PRE-submission. We had already submitted our application by the time I landed here (I stumbled upon it looking for income tax information)... and now look at us all! All to say, I didn't have the advice to write the cover letter and over-explain everything... the advise we were given was to provide as much proof as possible but to include the facts when writing extra information on the application and only in response to questions on the apps; versus, the great advice from Zouk and others to write a cover letter and address any "gaps" or "red flags" although in hindsight, I'm not sure I would have even acknowledged their percieved lack of proof of our relationship in Canada b/c it was not even on our radar as something we were lacking. I did categorize all all of the information with tabs, etc., but I didn't label EVERYTHING. So what I'm trying to say is that if you follow the amazing advice from the experts here, you'll be in a much better position to submit a well-appointed application. At the time, we thought were submitting a superb application with a ton of proof to eliminate any doubt in their minds. I hope this alleviates some of your concerns... you know more than we did at the time of submitting our application so you'll be in a better to position to address anything you're worried about.
CAN/VIC you are right about what you are saying that me and Mrs Ruby have an advantage, and we better prepare it right!!!. when I read what you said I see what you mean. In regarding to the relationship being on radar, that too I get, because now I ask myself "hubby and I have no proof of when we started dated which was 2010, all my proof will come starting 2013 OMG this really sucks!!!. so now taking you and behopeful advise I will prepare the best coverletter ever addressing red flags and explanation and so on so on .Thanks again ladies

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
KIAB said:
Hey msruby!
Hubby is landing in march hes trying to lie his loose ends but I really just want to tie his neck and drag him here but I understand the business the house family issues i guess lol i was born in essequibo and he was born in wakenaam but now hes in tuschen near parika. Which part are you from?
Hello KIAB - I was reading your timeline, and wondering if it really took four months ..........if so that's amazing !!! and congrats to you and your hubby, I see he is landing soon, and me too was born in Guyana but came mirgrated to Canada at the age of 4 years old (been here over 40 years), I'm label as a Canadian lol it's all good

Again Happy landing soon!!

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
CdnandTrini said:
Hi MsRuby and congrats on getting closer to the finish line with your application. I was nodding and smiling to myself at your comment about it being so much easier when you are together working on the app. :D!! I remember doing that with my hubby once we were finally together in Trinidad and it was so much better than trying to do it via SKYPE and phone.......soon yours will be done and I can tell you it is much better to take the time now and sending a full and complete application that you are confident with, than rushing to submit something that you will constantly be worried about and second guessing yourselves about.

So the attention to detail now will pay off later as you will see. Once we submitted ours I would read something on the forum and have these mini-panic attacks like......"Oh did we send this, or did we answer that question properly??" Then I would rush off to get my copy of the application and flip through it and breathe a sigh of relief :p.......I cannot tell you how many times I did that during our process. So when you send it let us know and I will update the spreadsheet with your good news!!! Blessings.
Ms Rubby did you send the application in already, I wish you the best with your process. I will not be luck like you to work on our application together, unless we do start it together when I am in Guyana come April 2014. I thought the application was separate, one for me and one for him??????? can some please let me know how this part works, just need the heads up before I start everything.

Again good luck Ms. Ruby.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Can-Vinc said:
Hi Zouk & Behopeful, You're right... that is their concern it would seem (I would just like to reiterate that this was NOWHERE on our notes and not indicated on our interview request -- I just don't know why they didn't STATE that as their concern). We do not have a ton of proof of our relationship here in Canada aside from the many photos that we have/provided as we're both old-fashioned and didn't "share" anything really when he was here: we didn't formally live together so no lease, although we were together 24/7; we didn't have a joint account; we didn't have insurance together, etc. We were certain we were going down that path but hadn't really put any of it to paper so the photos were our main source of proof (that she said could have been taken in St. Vincent -- ummm I didn't realize that downtown Niagara Falls looked like St. Vincent... certainly NOT the St. Vincent I've seen; ditto for the pics of our road trips; ditto for the photos of us dressed in winter/fall clothes, etc.). Through my scrounging I've found a few emails that I exchanged with my friends with mention of our relationship, etc., and I could get my family to provide notarized statements. We aren't close with his family as they are really not nice to him and so they aren't a part of our life. These are the only items that were not included with our application.

Ruby & Needhimback, you all have a great advantage that I didn't have.... you're on this forum PRE-submission. We had already submitted our application by the time I landed here (I stumbled upon it looking for income tax information)... and now look at us all! All to say, I didn't have the advice to write the cover letter and over-explain everything... the advise we were given was to provide as much proof as possible but to include the facts when writing extra information on the application and only in response to questions on the apps; versus, the great advice from Zouk and others to write a cover letter and address any "gaps" or "red flags" although in hindsight, I'm not sure I would have even acknowledged their percieved lack of proof of our relationship in Canada b/c it was not even on our radar as something we were lacking. I did categorize all all of the information with tabs, etc., but I didn't label EVERYTHING. So what I'm trying to say is that if you follow the amazing advice from the experts here, you'll be in a much better position to submit a well-appointed application. At the time, we thought were submitting a superb application with a ton of proof to eliminate any doubt in their minds. I hope this alleviates some of your concerns... you know more than we did at the time of submitting our application so you'll be in a better to position to address anything you're worried about.
Can-Vinc said:

Thanks Can-Vinc!! You are absolutely right! I'm reading, making notes, asking questions, the whole nine yards. I just want this to be over already.

How are you holding up? Are you sending anything back? I guess you are just waiting...

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
needhimback said:
Ms Rubby did you send the application in already, I wish you the best with your process. I will not be luck like you to work on our application together, unless we do start it together when I am in Guyana come April 2014. I thought the application was separate, one for me and one for him??????? can some please let me know how this part works, just need the heads up before I start everything.

Hi NHback, thank you! I haven't send in my application as yet. We are taking our time to cross the T's and dot the I's. I'll definitely let you guys know when it's out and to add me to the spreadsheet.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
needhimback said:

In some ways it is his application and yours but I wouldn't think of it that way. Everything is sent together to Mississauga. He is suppose to complete his and you yours but a lot is based in dates so making sure dates are accurate IE. He may said we met March and you say April. Be cautious and do what you can together. I basically completed both parts with his input.

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
MsRuby said:
Hi NHback, thank you! I haven't send in my application as yet. We are taking our time to cross the T's and dot the I's. I'll definitely let you guys know when it's out and to add me to the spreadsheet.
lol Mrs.
Ruby do your thang.... yes cross those I's and dot those T's .....it looks like you and I will be exchanging a lot due to our application going in for 2014. Please do keep us posted.

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Behopeful said:
In some ways it is his application and yours but I wouldn't think of it that way. Everything is sent together to Mississauga. He is suppose to complete his and you yours but a lot is based in dates so making sure dates are accurate IE. He may said we met March and you say April. Be cautious and do what you can together. I basically completed both parts with his input.
Thank you Behopeful, so here's my next questions Behopeful. if we are sending everything in together to Mississauga, is he suppose to send what I sent him by mail for me to add to my application for example, like post cards, cards, letter and etc that I actually sent him by Canada Post, or does he send those things from his end and I send my stuff from my end ?????

ps: Behopful can I hire you lol :)

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
needhimback said:
Thank you Behopeful, so here's my next questions Behopeful. if we are sending everything in together to Mississauga, is he suppose to send what I sent him by mail for me to add to my application for example, like post cards, cards, letter and etc that I actually sent him by Canada Post, or does he send those things from his end and I send my stuff from my end ?????

Everything goes together in one complete package and is sent to Mississauga. Some people will organize their file with tabs and clearly separate your paperwork, his paperwork and a section on proof and make reference to your proof in your paperwork. I personally just compiled the paperwork in order of the checklist and put the proof at the end. Label everything. We scanned our pictures and typed the date, description and people in each picture. I think they really want to see the integration of the person into your life. We had a number of photos with my family members (mom, dad, nieces, nephews).

Think outside of the box as to proof. We did standard things like letters, pictures, insurance beneficiaries, Western Union receipts but also stuff like my husband had a ton of dental work done on his teeth and he was on my benefit plan as soon as we were common law and before marriage. Sending receipts shows proof of things you did together or even debit card transactions of dinners paid for if either of you didn't keep the actual receipt. We didn't send a ton of phone records either. We used phone cards when he returned home and sent a few and said we could supply the rest. I did have some top up receipts for Digicel too.

Send the best application you can . Remember the quality over quantity. Don't send 20 pictures of your wedding day unless it shows something different and will add to your story. Be honest and if you don't have it, don't fake it. The VO noted in our case notes "pictures appear natural and not staged".

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
needhimback said:

Remember to send stuff like your husbands confirmation of departure from Canada. They likely have it but bring note to it.
We also noted in our cover letter that although my husband overstayed his ViSA by 4 years, he was not proud of this poor decision and wanted to make things right. We went on the explain he turned himself in and followed orders by CBSA. Basically acknowledged the problem and what he did to fix this issue.

You can also talk about your future plans as a couple. IE. vacations, dreams, what you want to purchase together, if you've looked at schools or jobs for spouse. We didn't do this but might be an option if you don't feel you have enough proof. Remember if there is an interview, it opens up the chances the VO may ask further questions about this though.

Final point, remember to photocopy your complete application! I almost didn't do this but you will need it for your records and in case of interview. Keep copies of all cards and captioned photos too.

éloveutsavoir

Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013 with all docs completed to mississauga
Doc's Request.
CSQ for québec got it 9 may 2013
AOR Received.
7 sept 2013 POS confirme with a email they received the file
File Transfer...
8-03-2013 mississauga sent all docs completed to POS comfirme with a letter
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
:'(just say they refusal my file....i am so desappointed but not realy surprise..so i must reapply...my new year start bad......HAPPY NEW YEAR EVRYONE

KIAB

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUG-2013
AOR Received.
02-SEPT-2013 [Stage 1], 18-NOV-2013 [STAGE 2]
File Transfer...
09-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
11-JULY-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
Hey everyone!!

Canvic - sorry to hear it wasnt as positive but I agree with everyone on keep your head up and continue to fight strong. I think thry were just trying to throw him off his game.

Msruby- no I wont be traveling, i lived in my suitcase last year 5 times GT and 1 time JA. I need a break lol

Needhimback- yes hun im the odd ball I was just like everyone how fast our process was completed. I feel like this year the new applicants will move faster. Brits already in processed.

Take this forum for everything its worth, I found it after as most of us did but there's lots of members who know more than immigration lawyers and could probably open a law firm! I think no matter how well we prepare the files and questions we ask ponder stress that feeling of did I send enough will be there to the very end.

Hello behopeful, cdntrini, zouk, missd hope everyone is good

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
needhimback said:
lol Mrs.
Ruby do your thang.... yes cross those I's and dot those T's .....it looks like you and I will be exchanging a lot due to our application going in for 2014. Please do keep us posted.
Behopeful is on point here. One of the reasons i don't appear to have a ton of question currently is because i did my homework. I was stalking this forum over 2 yrs now, under hubby's account and finally mine : ) I knew ahead of time i needed FBI clearance and police certificate, got a good idea when to do medical, how to organize the package, what constitute as evidence, etc. Even the little things as no STAPLES. By reading this forum regularly you will be mentally prepared as what to do and you wouldn't get overwhelm finding out what to do and doing it. Although hubby and i had a fair amount of idea what to do, it was the doing that got us overwhelmed. Another thing you will find helpful is getting to know abbreviations such as PPR, IO, VO, ADR, etc.

I saw you mention earlier about sending in separate things. Behopeful caught that one. Nothing to CIC is separate. Everything is mailed in as one complete package. You might find some people do medical up front and some do it after CIC request it. Same goes for FBI clearance and police certificate. Its ALL personal preference BUT People who have a straight forward cases and did everything upfront and mail in a COMPLETE application package do see faster processing time. However if your case a bit complex like mine, even after doing everything up front, medical, FBI clearance and Police certificate, these documents can EXPIRE before you get a decision. If the embassy request a REDO of any document, it can delay your processing time also.

It not easy to judge this process or have a fair amount of idea as how things will go for anyone of us until we cross that bridge and report back to the forum. But the one thing i know for sure is that, this forum is very informative!

Hope i was able to clear a bit cloudiness in your mind.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
KIAB said:
Hey everyone!!

Canvic - sorry to hear it wasnt as positive but I agree with everyone on keep your head up and continue to fight strong. I think thry were just trying to throw him off his game.

Msruby- no I wont be traveling, i lived in my suitcase last year 5 times GT and 1 time JA. I need a break lol

Needhimback- yes hun im the odd ball I was just like everyone how fast our process was completed. I feel like this year the new applicants will move faster. Brits already in processed.

Take this forum for everything its worth, I found it after as most of us did but there's lots of members who know more than immigration lawyers and could probably open a law firm! I think no matter how well we prepare the files and questions we ask ponder stress that feeling of did I send enough will be there to the very end.

Hello behopeful, cdntrini, zouk, missd hope everyone is good
LOL I hear ya KIAB! Out of curiosity, do Guyanese need a visa to travel to JA from Guyana?