01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Can-Vinc said:
Hi Everyone... finally an update... and it is not a great one. So apparently the VO gave hubby a really hard time about not having photos from the Christmas he came to visit me and my family on the east coast and she tried telling him that all of the photos that we do have are from after he left (impossible b/c some are from Niagara, parks and stuff here in TO with friends and everything). With regards to the Christmas photos, he was only there for a few days and my family is not a picture family... the couple of photos that we did take were stolen on my computer (yes we provided police reports). She basically said that she didn't feel we had enough proof of when we were together in Canada but that she would review all of the documentation and photos that he brought with a senior officer and get back to him/us in a month or so. I haven't had a chance to speak to him in detail yet b/c he is in transit and I know this is not an outright refusal but i don't feel confident anymore and we are devastated. Has anyone ever heard of an interview like this ending favorably? I just dont' understand how they can look at the 1-2 gaps (that aren't even really gaps, he explained them with proof in the police report) versus the overwhelming proof that we're in a genuine loving relationship? I just don't understand. This is a game to them, it would seem, and the game is to find people to make examples of and play God. We are really angry, sad and scared now.

Hi Can-Vinc, sorry to hear that, but all isn't loss. Like Zouk said, don't worry until you have a reason to. I'm compiling my application at the moment and I KNOW like everyone else in here how much evidence is needed. That VO just can't refuse your case bc of a pictur gap( or in his/ her opinion lack of pictures) keep the faith Hun, you guys need it now more than ever. The next month if waiting will be more hell than all the months you waited already. Still keeping you in my prayers.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Thanks Zouk and Ruby so much...we can only hope they were doing this to gauge reaction/responses...

I'm trying to scrounge up every little last bit of proof that we may have that we didn't send in before. If I find any (which is doubtful b/c we really threw the kitchen sink at it)... do you think it is too late to send it?

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Can-Vinc said:
Thanks Zouk and Ruby so much...we can only hope they were doing this to gauge reaction/responses...

I'm trying to scrounge up every little last bit of proof that we may have that we didn't send in before. If I find any (which is doubtful b/c we really threw the kitchen sink at it)... do you think it is too late to send it?
Hi Can-Vinc... That's unfortunate that things didn't go as well as anticipated. These VO are unreal. Remain optimistic. I pray it all works in your favour!

I am not sure about sending extra proof at this point. My initial thought is that it may seem desperate and give them reason for refusal especially if the VO is sitting on the fence, but could also work to your advantage. It's really a tough call. Stay well and I'm hoping for a speedy result!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Can-Vinc said:
Hi Everyone... finally an update... and it is not a great one. So apparently the VO gave hubby a really hard time about not having photos from the Christmas he came to visit me and my family on the east coast and she tried telling him that all of the photos that we do have are from after he left (impossible b/c some are from Niagara, parks and stuff here in TO with friends and everything). With regards to the Christmas photos, he was only there for a few days and my family is not a picture family... the couple of photos that we did take were stolen on my computer (yes we provided police reports). She basically said that she didn't feel we had enough proof of when we were together in Canada but that she would review all of the documentation and photos that he brought with a senior officer and get back to him/us in a month or so. I haven't had a chance to speak to him in detail yet b/c he is in transit and I know this is not an outright refusal but i don't feel confident anymore and we are devastated. Has anyone ever heard of an interview like this ending favorably? I just dont' understand how they can look at the 1-2 gaps (that aren't even really gaps, he explained them with proof in the police report) versus the overwhelming proof that we're in a genuine loving relationship? I just don't understand. This is a game to them, it would seem, and the game is to find people to make examples of and play God. We are really angry, sad and scared now.
So sorry to hear that your update wasn't what you hoped for but do not lose hope. I don't believe they can deny you just because you are missing a few pictures especially when you have a police report to follow it up and also you have other pictures showing that you were together before he went home. The officers are taught to be harsh and forthright when interviewing people and it is part of their job.......keep the faith and we will all be praying for a good response back in a month! Blessings to you!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
chickie72 said:
So sorry to hear that your update wasn't what you hoped for but do not lose hope. I don't believe they can deny you just because you are missing a few pictures especially when you have a police report to follow it up and also you have other pictures showing that you were together before he went home. The officers are taught to be harsh and forthright when interviewing people and it is part of their job.......keep the faith and we will all be praying for a good response back in a month! Blessings to you!
Can-Vinc!!!! Chickie is right - the officers are taught to be nasty so do not think this is a refusal. Behopeful I disagree with your opinion (agreeably of course :D) that it will be seen as desperate for Can-Vinc and hubby to send more info and in their case I would!!! Can-Vinc - in our GCMS notes the vo talked about our "slim" photo evidence but passed us anyway as I was always the one taking photos and we did not even have a camera until the 3rd year of our relationship. I HATE having my photo taken so until our wedding there were even less than 10 photos of me in our pictures, most of them were hubby with kids, his mom, etc. so DO NOT LOSE HOPE!!!! Grrrrrrrr.......I HATE the way they try to mess with people's minds but that is the way they are so do not be pulled into their "junk". I will try to dig up our GCMS notes and PM them to you.......take a deep breath and gather any other evidence you want to send as they said a sr. officer will be reviewing so that is good. Prayers and blessings my dear and hugs for you and hubby. The battle may feel lost but the WAR IS ON GIRL!!!! ;) :-*

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
CdnandTrini said:
Can-Vinc!!!! Chickie is right - the officers are taught to be nasty so do not think this is a refusal. Behopeful I disagree with your opinion (agreeably of course :D) that it will be seen as desperate for Can-Vinc and hubby to send more info and in their case I would!!! Can-Vinc - in our GCMS notes the vo talked about our "slim" photo evidence but passed us anyway as I was always the one taking photos and we did not even have a camera until the 3rd year of our relationship. I HATE having my photo taken so until our wedding there were even less than 10 photos of me in our pictures, most of them were hubby with kids, his mom, etc. so DO NOT LOSE HOPE!!!! Grrrrrrrr.......I HATE the way they try to mess with people's minds but that is the way they are so do not be pulled into their "junk". I will try to dig up our GCMS notes and PM them to you.......take a deep breath and gather any other evidence you want to send as they said a sr. officer will be reviewing so that is good. Prayers and blessings my dear and hugs for you and hubby. The battle may feel lost but the WAR IS ON GIRL!!!! ;) :-*
My thought is that the officer would say/ think you've had months to prepare for an interview and an interview to bring extra proof so why would someone send it after an interview and not bring it to the interview. So that's where I say it may appear differently (or desperate and trust me we are all desperate in this process because they have our life in their hands) in the VOs eyes. They are trained to think differently than the average person. I don't know. It's hard to explain my point but the other half of me says they can't deny you for sending more. Go with your heart/ gut. I would likely send because I would want to know I did everything and had no regrets.
All will work out!!

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Hi Everyone!

Thank you all so much for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. We're going back and forth on the extra documentation too because it would be minimal b/c basically everything that we have we have sent already. The stuff we would be sending would literally be grasping. Hubby is hesitant to send them b/c she told him that they would request more information if they needed it and he doesn't want to not follow instructions but I'm sitting here, after reading and following this forum that you can't depend on their word/instructions... but of course I can't/won't do it without him knowing or without him wanting to.

The part that really mixes me up (both comforts and disturbs me) on this was that the thing she got hung up on (no pics from that one trip so therefore all of our Canadian pics were not taken in Canada... ???) was that there was no indication of this as a concern on our notes AND the interview request said to bring more recent photos and proof of ongoing communication (which we brought in spades). So it seems like... A) they were just trying to rattle him and gauge responses (my preference to think about) or B) they've already made their minds up and are just looking for something to use as an excuse (don't want to think about this).

AGH... this month will truly be the longest month of our life... especially since we all know it probably won't be a month...

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Can-Vinc said:
Hi Everyone!

Thank you all so much for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. We're going back and forth on the extra documentation too because it would be minimal b/c basically everything that we have we have sent already. The stuff we would be sending would literally be grasping. Hubby is hesitant to send them b/c she told him that they would request more information if they needed it and he doesn't want to not follow instructions but I'm sitting here, after reading and following this forum that you can't depend on their word/instructions... but of course I can't/won't do it without him knowing or without him wanting to.

The part that really mixes me up (both comforts and disturbs me) on this was that the thing she got hung up on (no pics from that one trip so therefore all of our Canadian pics were not taken in Canada... ???) was that there was no indication of this as a concern on our notes AND the interview request said to bring more recent photos and proof of ongoing communication (which we brought in spades). So it seems like... A) they were just trying to rattle him and gauge responses (my preference to think about) or B) they've already made their minds up and are just looking for something to use as an excuse (don't want to think about this).

AGH... this month will truly be the longest month of our life... especially since we all know it probably won't be a month...
Hang in there Can-Vinc! Hugs for you. I don't think you should worry much because from your earlier post you mention that the VO said to hubby she will review everything with a senior. From what I Know if she was to refuse this case and it has to go infront a judge she better get a darn good reason for denial than just ONE missing trip photos. As much as we think a denial comes easier i would want to believe the VO has to have a solid reason as to why they see different.

What type of evidence did you submit? Did you label everything? How much if a gap ( if any) did you evidence had? Reason why I'm asking is because we are in the process of evidence gathering and I want to document every month for all the years but hubby said its too much. This is our daily battle. After reading you hubby interview abt the missing Christmas pics, I got scared and want to document everything.

Anyone/ everyone, please share your input on my daily battle.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Can-Vic I'm sorry to read how the VO handled your case. They couldn't come up with a better reason smh. Everything will sort out I wouldn't worry to much. Do what you think may be best in regards to sending in more proof. All the best we're here for you.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Can-Vinc said:
Hi Everyone!

I too think they were just trying to rattle him and see what his response was. Did you provide other pics with your family? My thought is that they may be hung up on this if there aren't other interactions with your family besides like the wedding and the thought may be that the relationship only progressed after he left Canada. Just my guessing though Can-Vinc!
I have a good feeling that everything will be in your favour!

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Can-Vinc said:
Hi Everyone!

If I'm reading correctly, it sounds like they're concerned about two things: limited proof of relationships/interactions with each other's families and limited proof prior to him leaving Canada. If you have any additional proof that directly addresses those two areas, then I'd go ahead and send it in, with a cover letter indicating "during the interview the VO appeared concerned about these areas, please see enclosed additional documents to address these concerns". However, if your additional proof is more of what was already provided, I'm honestly not sure what impact (if any) it would have...

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Zouk Princesse said:
If I'm reading correctly, it sounds like they're concerned about two things: limited proof of relationships/interactions with each other's families and limited proof prior to him leaving Canada. If you have any additional proof that directly addresses those two areas, then I'd go ahead and send it in, with a cover letter indicating "during the interview the VO appeared concerned about these areas, please see enclosed additional documents to address these concerns". However, if your additional proof is more of what was already provided, I'm honestly not sure what impact (if any) it would have...
Thanks Zouk! This is what I was trying to say but you spelt it out much better than I!

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
OMG reading this of what happened in the interview with can/vin VO office got my knees shaking. As you all know am getting marry in April 2014 in Guyana (both hubby and I are Guyanese, but I been here most of my life, like 41 years ) Our relationship began here in Canada (started 2010) until he got deported back. While he was here we didn't take that many pictures together (I hate pictures of myself so I often ran from the camera.....lol). My concern is are they going to judge us because we don't have many picture before marriage ??????

I plan to take a lot of pics with us and family at our wedding and don't even know if I will be returning back to Guyana while sponsorship is going through, (due to finances and work) and if that's the case I really would have less pictures to present :mad:

I do have lots of bbm chats printed since he left here on Oct 24, 2013 and saving and printing more and more each day.

Honestly guys am sooooooooooooooo nervous with this process, I know for sure hubby to be will get an interview due to deportation (no crimal record) and couple of red flags that might occur.

Age difference is good 46 and 48 (but this shouldn't be an issue) both of us divorced, I sponsored 13 years ago (failed marriage) and he has a 9 year old son in Canada, so I can see some red flags here ...............like mentioned we been together for 3 years and lived together for 2 in Canada.

I can only pray because honestly am getting close to my wedding and right after that is sponsorship.!!!!

Congrats to those who landed and good luck to those who are in process. We must pray pray pray !!!!!!

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
needhimback said:
OMG reading this of what happened in the interview with can/vin VO office got my knees shaking. As you all know am getting marry in April 2014 in Guyana (both hubby and I are Guyanese, but I been here most of my life, like 41 years ) Our relationship began here in Canada (started 2010) until he got deported back. While he was here we didn't take that many pictures together (I hate pictures of myself so I often ran from the camera.....lol). My concern is are they going to judge us because we don't have many picture before marriage ??????

I plan to take a lot of pics with us and family at our wedding and don't even know if I will be returning back to Guyana while sponsorship is going through, (due to finances and work) and if that's the case I really would have less pictures to present :mad:

I do have lots of bbm chats printed since he left here on Oct 24, 2013 and saving and printing more and more each day.

Honestly guys am sooooooooooooooo nervous with this process, I know for sure hubby to be will get an interview due to deportation (no crimal record) and couple of red flags that might occur.

Age difference is good 46 and 48 (but this shouldn't be an issue) both of us divorced, I sponsored 13 years ago (failed marriage) and he has a 9 year old son in Canada, so I can see some red flags here ...............like mentioned we been together for 3 years and lived together for 2 in Canada.

I can only pray because honestly am getting close to my wedding and right after that is sponsorship.!!!!

Congrats to those who landed and good luck to those who are in process. We must pray pray pray !!!!!!
Needhimback... Don't worry! Consider yourself lucky in finding this forum which guides you in preparing your application. Always remember quality over quantity. Your application is yours and your opportunity to address red flags and tell your story as you want the VO to read it. If you leave things to question, the VO will question or doubt your story. As Zouk always says use a cover letter to guide the officer through your application and bring highlights to positives and a place to explain away red flags.
My husband also overstayed a VISA but we didn't have an interview. Your file will be wonderfully prepared and ask us questions as they come up. We can help as much as possible.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Hi Zouk & Behopeful, You're right... that is their concern it would seem (I would just like to reiterate that this was NOWHERE on our notes and not indicated on our interview request -- I just don't know why they didn't STATE that as their concern). We do not have a ton of proof of our relationship here in Canada aside from the many photos that we have/provided as we're both old-fashioned and didn't "share" anything really when he was here: we didn't formally live together so no lease, although we were together 24/7; we didn't have a joint account; we didn't have insurance together, etc. We were certain we were going down that path but hadn't really put any of it to paper so the photos were our main source of proof (that she said could have been taken in St. Vincent -- ummm I didn't realize that downtown Niagara Falls looked like St. Vincent... certainly NOT the St. Vincent I've seen; ditto for the pics of our road trips; ditto for the photos of us dressed in winter/fall clothes, etc.). Through my scrounging I've found a few emails that I exchanged with my friends with mention of our relationship, etc., and I could get my family to provide notarized statements. We aren't close with his family as they are really not nice to him and so they aren't a part of our life. These are the only items that were not included with our application.

Ruby & Needhimback, you all have a great advantage that I didn't have.... you're on this forum PRE-submission. We had already submitted our application by the time I landed here (I stumbled upon it looking for income tax information)... and now look at us all! All to say, I didn't have the advice to write the cover letter and over-explain everything... the advise we were given was to provide as much proof as possible but to include the facts when writing extra information on the application and only in response to questions on the apps; versus, the great advice from Zouk and others to write a cover letter and address any "gaps" or "red flags" although in hindsight, I'm not sure I would have even acknowledged their percieved lack of proof of our relationship in Canada b/c it was not even on our radar as something we were lacking. I did categorize all all of the information with tabs, etc., but I didn't label EVERYTHING. So what I'm trying to say is that if you follow the amazing advice from the experts here, you'll be in a much better position to submit a well-appointed application. At the time, we thought were submitting a superb application with a ton of proof to eliminate any doubt in their minds. I hope this alleviates some of your concerns... you know more than we did at the time of submitting our application so you'll be in a better to position to address anything you're worried about.