AOR Received.
7 sept 2013 POS confirme with a email they received the file
File Transfer...
8-03-2013 mississauga sent all docs completed to POS comfirme with a letter
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
MissDominica said:
Hey everyone,

I finally (sort of) have my update. After weeks of sending CSE's to POS and several emails with my MP, AND finally getting the notes I ordered after the interview - we got news our application is refused.

Notes stated that VO emailed us AND sent a letter to us at home on October 31 (neither of which exist). VOs reasoning was that she didn't believe we lived together. Said landlord signed lease in same pen color 1 year apart (there are only TWO pen colors, not that big of a coincidence) and that the rent receipts were only a few numbers apart (receipt number) each month (uhh duh, there are only 2-3 apartments rented at a time). Dismissed all the letters from our landlord and other tenants saying that they could have been made up for immigration and because the landlords knew hubby before we moved in (small town) that their letters were not proof. Dismissed all proof of food deliveries etc in both our names to same address because hubby was "just visiting". Dismissed letters to our apartment in both names because there were only a couple of them. She went so far as to say that maybe ALL my letters of support from my family and friends about our relationship were also made up for immigration (even though there are TONS pics of hubby spending time with my dad fishing and playing pool and stuff and him skyping with my mom, etc). She finished saying that relationship is genuine BUT she believed common-law is not true and hubby just "visted for 15 months at my apartment" and was not really "living" there.

MP talked to agent who said if we were married we would have been approved. And notes specifically say relationship genuine, so the only really way is to reapply as married (according to agent on phone) and that appealing would be useless as she states in the notes that all our proof is not enough.

We have yet to receive any word from anyone at POS and all this is from notes and MP. MP has sent emails to POS and CIC about sending our emails/appeal rights, but no one has in over 10 business days since her last email.

So there you have it folks. Despite what you might be told, even if POS/CIC believes you have a real relationship, common-law is NOT AN OPTION from this office. We sent over 20 lbs of proof on separate occasions, all of which they tore apart. So maybe with other offices, but not this one.

Back to studying. xo
pffffffffffff so sorry miss D..its longtime i dont came..big hugs love

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
éloveutsavoir said:
hey everyone..back again i saw everything good for some and bad for other...about me still waiting trini take a decision. cross my fingers ;) bless everyone
Bonjour éloveutsavoir, nice to see you :). Did you send more information to Port of Spain (POS)? Did anyone help you to respond to the issues on your file? Hope you have been keeping well. Blessings.

KIAB

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUG-2013
AOR Received.
02-SEPT-2013 [Stage 1], 18-NOV-2013 [STAGE 2]
File Transfer...
09-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
11-JULY-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
Behopeful said:
Most people on this forum will see their ECAS change to DM and the passport is sent out for return within a few days. I would start tracking your DHL (or whatever return envelope service you used) in the next few days. Our ECAS changed to DM and hubby picked up his PP at the embassy a few days later because he is from Trinidad. So basically, DM means they are done with everything and VISA has been issued and will be returned. It's very unlikely you will get a call or anything from them unless you are picking up PP. Contact is just simply receiving your PP with VISA and COPR.
Congrats again KIAB!!
Thanks behopeful
Another question for you guys when did hubby a dress change?

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
KIAB said:
Thanks behopeful
Another question for you guys when did hubby a dress change?
Hubby's address changed to my address after landing. The officer at the airport asked him to confirm his address for sending the PR card and about 2 days after landing his address updated. Also, ECAS updated to say the location he landed. IE. Landed at Pearson International Airport, Terminal 3 on October 11.

éloveutsavoir

Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013 with all docs completed to mississauga
Doc's Request.
CSQ for québec got it 9 may 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
CdnandTrini said:
Bonjour éloveutsavoir, nice to see you :). Did you send more information to Port of Spain (POS)? Did anyone help you to respond to the issues on your file? Hope you have been keeping well. Blessings.
hello cdnandtrini, nice to see you too, yeap my man and i sent in emergency more informations to POS ,a letter explain why we choose conjugal Partner, some proof ettc..and yes a lawyer read and tcheck all that's why i was not on the forum them days so much pressure one time ...but she told me we have 1% chance its pass but at the same time she was surprise immigration give us chance to explain cauz with immigration its all or nothing....just waiting and pray the agent of immigration will read all with her heart and not her head.. Cauz our letter show well why we did not have time to marry, money, distance etc...and spécialy show some conversations to proof we talked about marry longtime before we start the process but no realy opportunity to do it. i ask them 3 things: first continue the process normaly with Partner conjugal or put my file in standby and permit us to marry and bring them the certificat of married to continue the process or tell me early if i must to reapply in catégory married. But IN MY HEAD i ask me why they wait so much time now 9 months to tell me i am not in a good catégory, cauz they took the money, all my file was completed since Mississauga, i got the médical exam, i got the CSQ my status was in process since beginnig......tchhhiiipppppp :mad: i am don t feel good cauz that mean for me longtime i must to wait again..xmas arrive and my kids and i will not together... ???

KIAB

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUG-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
11-JULY-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
Behopeful said:
Hubby's address changed to my address after landing. The officer at the airport asked him to confirm his address for sending the PR card and about 2 days after landing his address updated. Also, ECAS updated to say the location he landed. IE. Landed at Pearson International Airport, Terminal 3 on October 11.
Thanks behopeful you are so helpful greatly appreciated.

éloveutsavoir

Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
ohhhhhhh lord before i go to sleep i have a question....i just see my status and i saw decision made and they will contact my man soon..if its a good new or not i mean if its was good they can write it directly on the status or généraly they write its like that even its good or not................oh i am afraid i will not sleep weel tonight

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
éloveutsavoir said:
ohhhhhhh lord before i go to sleep i have a question....i just see my status and i saw decision made and they will contact my man soon..if its a good new or not i mean if its was good they can write it directly on the status or généraly they write its like that even its good or not................oh i am afraid i will not sleep weel tonight
It is hard to say what this exactly means because your application is a little different. Is your partner from a VISA exempt country? Decision made usually comes after they have asked for PP and PP will be sent back to you with VISA in it. That would be a favourable decision and mean his application was approved. On the flip side, some people will see decision made prior to getting PP request and this may mean the application was not approved and they have finished processing the application/ closed the file. If the application outcome is a negative one, the applicant will receive a letter in the mail staing the outcome and how to file an appeal or the next steps. IE. Get married and reapply.

In your case decision made may mean a refusal because you didn't apply under the correct category. IE. You are able to get married but you and partner chose not to at this time but nothing is preventing you from actually getting married which means you don't qualify for conjugal. Stay positive because nothing is ever 100% clear in this process! All the best and keep us updated. We are here to support you in any way we can.

éloveutsavoir

Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
Behopeful said:
It is hard to say what this exactly means because your application is a little different. Is your partner from a VISA exempt country? Decision made usually comes after they have asked for PP and PP will be sent back to you with VISA in it. That would be a favourable decision and mean his application was approved. On the flip side, some people will see decision made prior to getting PP request and this may mean the application was not approved and they have finished processing the application/ closed the file. If the application outcome is a negative one, the applicant will receive a letter in the mail staing the outcome and how to file an appeal or the next steps. IE. Get married and reapply.

In your case decision made may mean a refusal because you didn't apply under the correct category. IE. You are able to get married but you and partner chose not to at this time but nothing is preventing you from actually getting married which means you don't qualify for conjugal. Stay positive because nothing is ever 100% clear in this process! All the best and keep us updated. We are here to support you in any way we can.
hi behopeful. thank for your comment...but i texted my man last night to tell him go to see that on the net and he told me the message was there since 1 week and wht he don t anderstand is they say medical exanm ok, they recevied all the file since fev 2103 and they start the process since 5 december 2013?????? and i know on the site my file was in process since fébuary.....i anderstand nothing!!!!! GOD HOPE ITS A GOOD NEW and i realise he never do interview.....i know its not necessary but.....

KIAB

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUG-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
11-JULY-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
Stalking fedex website like every 20 mins
I think I may have developed a problem fml ???

Centrism a couple more days!! Your probably running around and breathing a sigh of relief

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
éloveutsavoir said:
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure Behopeful is correct on this one. Decision Made without a PP (or receipt of COPR for visa exempt) is 99% of the time a refusal. In your case, you applied as conjugal, but you do not qualify to apply under the conjugal category. It's a pretty straightforward no.

Dec 18, 2012
Wow its been awhile since I have been on here-I guess it is because I have bad news myself. We got our decision made on November 13 after being asked to clarify a discrepency on our application. The issue was that we had applied under my husbands mothers name in which he had id for in 2009 for a visitors visa and got refused. In 2010 my husbands parents got married and we now my husband started to use his mothers married name as a last name. So when we applied for sposorship we used the now married last name. So immigration denied our application stated that we misrepresented ourselves. Anyhow after crying my brains out I sought a lawyer and now we are waiting for an appeal date which could be 8 to 12 months. Yeah totally sucks.

I am so sorry to hear about Miss D that is heart breaking and trust me I know exactly how you feel.Hopefully things will turn around for you and the coming year brings a miracle.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Iamslowlygoingcrazy said:
Wow its been awhile since I have been on here-I guess it is because I have bad news myself. We got our decision made on November 13 after being asked to clarify a discrepency on our application. The issue was that we had applied under my husbands mothers name in which he had id for in 2009 for a visitors visa and got refused. In 2010 my husbands parents got married and we now my husband started to use his mothers married name as a last name. So when we applied for sposorship we used the now married last name. So immigration denied our application stated that we misrepresented ourselves. Anyhow after crying my brains out I sought a lawyer and now we are waiting for an appeal date which could be 8 to 12 months. Yeah totally sucks.

I am so sorry to hear about Miss D that is heart breaking and trust me I know exactly how you feel.Hopefully things will turn around for you and the coming year brings a miracle.
Sorry to hear this : (

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Hi guys, hope everyone is well and keeping strong. We are in the process of gathering documents to submit my application. It's a lot of work!

I have a question, where can I take permanent resident photos in New York? Thanks

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Iamslowlygoingcrazy said:

I am so very sorry to hear this news. You will win the appeal! Stay strong. We are here to support you as you need it and want to hear the good news when it happens. All the best to you and hubby.