Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Dadzin said:
Landing? Lol we are not really in a rush to land. Spending Xmas in tt then a trip to Disney land then back to canada in Jan 2014! I'm back out to work in Feb 2014.
That's nice, you have some exciting plans ahead for the holidays. I was here in TT for Christmas and New Years last year and I have to say the fireworks on New Years in Trinidad were the most spectacular I have ever seen anywhere. Including Disneyland!! Blessings.

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
Dadzin said:
the only reason why i didnt write pos yet is because my family is with me in canada...so their delay has minimum impact to me.

we are travelling to trinidad next week for a few months so when we ready to come bk up they should be finishef if not then ill contact the high commissioner
Cnd everything is working out just fine. Had my son in June, got time off, came to tt, got visas, now ready to land on return to canada!

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Thank you C&T, Zouk and Dadzin (I'm really sorry if I missed anyone... I really appreciate it. We definitely weren't planning on fabricating anything to make things look good... we have more than enough genuine stuff to prove our case.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Also, we got our notes back... no glaring issuess from what I can tell. One thing they mentioned a few times was that we are from different backgrounds... me being Canadian and him being from St. Vincent. It is funny because i don't really see this as an issue... our socio-economic backgrounds are similar, my family is working class, both of my parents are tradespeople, too. They also mentioned the fact that he has a mother and siblings in Canada could be an incentive for him to return. This worries me because I don't want them to think anything negative about this when in truth, he is not close with his family... he was raised with his dad (now passed) and that side of the family do not act like a family should towards him. No emotional support system whatsoever. In case you can't tell, it really bothers me. Coming from a very close supportive family, it bothers to see someone I love being treated that way. What I am trying to get at is them being here is NOT an incentive for him to return because we probably won't have much interaction with them anyways.

The last thing is that it said that they have sent for their RCMP clearance and the same day it says fingerprints required. Do you know if that means we need to provide the fingerprints or that they are required from the RCMP?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can-Vinc said:
Also, we got our notes back... no glaring issuess from what I can tell. One thing they mentioned a few times was that we are from different backgrounds... me being Canadian and him being from St. Vincent. It is funny because i don't really see this as an issue... our socio-economic backgrounds are similar, my family is working class, both of my parents are tradespeople, too. They also mentioned the fact that he has a mother and siblings in Canada could be an incentive for him to return. This worries me because I don't want them to think anything negative about this when in truth, he is not close with his family... he was raised with his dad (now passed) and that side of the family do not act like a family should towards him. No emotional support system whatsoever. In case you can't tell, it really bothers me. Coming from a very close supportive family, it bothers to see someone I love being treated that way. What I am trying to get at is them being here is NOT an incentive for him to return because we probably won't have much interaction with them anyways.

The last thing is that it said that they have sent for their RCMP clearance and the same day it says fingerprints required. Do you know if that means we need to provide the fingerprints or that they are required from the RCMP?
Hi Can-Vinc, I cannot comment on the fingerprints/RCMP stuff (other members have this knowledge so I am sure you will get a response) but I can give an opinion on the other stuff. You are right it is not an issue.....each officer is different and it is almost absurd to me that yours even said anything in your notes about different backgrounds as the large majority of us going through immigration have those differences!!! Who is CIC to decide that a couple needs to have the exact same background to be genuine? Honestly some of their thinking is at times, ridiculous.

These are the things about this process that are so crazy-making. It is the same so called "logic" they use to refuse couples TRVs even though they are supposed to be an option and immigration writes in their manuals that "dual intent" is perfectly acceptable. So after that little rant :D.................

Your explanation of your hubby's family background makes perfect sense and that is exactly how he should answer a question like that. Give the facts and fill in the details. Any reasonable person will understand that families and love are complicated!! Just tell the IO that the siblings from the first family in the Bible lived close by in the Garden of Eden and look how that turned out :p......

I know you must be so anxious right now; however, it truly does seem that you and your hubby are/will be very well prepared ;) and I have a good feeling that you will be successful. Try to think positive as much as possible. Prayers and blessings coming your way for peace of mind.

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
Hey Can-Vinc,

It's important that you pay notice to the relatives in canada part and the fact that the IO mentioned it. I think the IO will want to be relieved of any concerns that you're being used for immigration purposes. So for the interview he should provide any physical (as well as oral) evidence establishing that whilst he has family in canada they're not close and therefore not an incentive to reunite with them.

I'm not sure about the finger printing. Someone who went through that process will let you know.

Can-Vinc said:

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Hey TriniFam;

Hope everyone is doing well; Congrats on your landing Art.

Enjoy Disney Dadzin ;D

Can-Vinc; I am praying for you and hubby and I am sure it will all work out. All the best.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Kadi27 said:
Hi TriniFam;

MissD; extremely sorry to hear of your decision; ofcourse this is not the end for you; you are a strong woman and this can only make you stronger. Praying for you and the hubs :)

FAD happy to hear you and the hubby are home; very nice homecoming for the Christmas. Congrats again :-*

KIAB; whoo hooo; awesome girl; you have broken records in this immigration process for our region. A big Congrats :D

Great news Dadzin; All the best.

Millslu you are the man ;) Congrats on your baby news and so happy that everything is falling into place for you.
Hi guys, sorry I was MIA for a while. I missed a lot and Kadi 27 did a good job summarizing it all for me. I see some awesome news and some not so great : (

Congratulations to all the awesome news! For the not so happy news, please keep the faith. We are all here for each other. It's sad that it had to be round two but you are going in stronger and more determin than ever. All the best Miss D!

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
hi guys thanks eveyrone for their best wishes for my family and congrats on everyone who have landed. i just need to make an annoucement.

ANYONE WHO IS LANDING IN TORONTO OR BRAMPTON AREA, WE HAVE JOBS AVAILABLE AT BESTBUY/FUTURE SHOP CANADA. PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF INTERESTED, THERE IS NO NEED FOR ME TO EXPLAIN THE COMPANY FOR YOURLL...HAHA THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

and again congrats to everyone and good luck with the rest.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Kadi27 said:
Hey TriniFam;

Hope everyone is doing well; Congrats on your landing Art.

Enjoy Disney Dadzin ;D

Can-Vinc; I am praying for you and hubby and I am sure it will all work out. All the best.
\

Hi Kadi27, nice of you to stop in and share some love and encouragement. We are always cheering for the JA folks especially them 2012 applicants!!! C'mon Kingston, hear our pleas and prayers :-* Blessings

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
Looks like the opening of the VAC visa applicant center, the IOs are now able to process applications faster in a more streamlined process. There are no longer lines at the Embassy. All applicants go to the VAC and someone helps them submit their app there.

Another person I know got PPR today. I'd say next year the processing time will change to a shorter time.

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
CdnandTrini said:
\

Hi Kadi27, nice of you to stop in and share some love and encouragement. We are always cheering for the JA folks especially them 2012 applicants!!! C'mon Kingston, hear our pleas and prayers :-* Blessings
Thanks CnT; it's now second nature to pop over and check on my TriniFam ;D

Dadzin; I agree; but I wish Jamaica could follow suit because 2 offices also opened there and though I hear there are no longer lines at the embassy apparently they have not got the process right yet.

As PPRs are only trickling like a leaky tap!

Enjoy your day TriniFam ;)

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
CdnandTrini said:
\

And we so appreciate you for it, C&T!!!! :-*

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
CdnandTrini said:
\

Thank you C&T......glad to see others praying for our little family too! Blessings to you all on the POS forum!

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
millslu said:
hi guys thanks eveyrone for their best wishes for my family and congrats on everyone who have landed. i just need to make an annoucement.

ANYONE WHO IS LANDING IN TORONTO OR BRAMPTON AREA, WE HAVE JOBS AVAILABLE AT BESTBUY/FUTURE SHOP CANADA. PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF INTERESTED, THERE IS NO NEED FOR ME TO EXPLAIN THE COMPANY FOR YOURLL...HAHA THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

and again congrats to everyone and good luck with the rest.
Is this full time? Thanks for the update and congrats on the pregnancy for you nd wifey.