+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
CdnandTrini said:
OMG!!!!! O&O :D :p :eek: ;D!!!!! So thrilled for you and hubby, you must be getting the PPR body rush!! And hurting face from smiling............laughing at your post....."a call around 3:41 p.m....lol............that is pretty exact timing!! The PPR day is really so exciting and such a relief.

I just remember basking in the glow of "it's finally over" the stress of immigration, the uncertainty.....not to say you won't still have those moments in Canada of "you're driving me crazy" but - at least they will be in the place where you will be living your future together and you can HUG it out!! Hopefully Kingston will speed up as I know they have been taking a long time in the past to issue the visa after the PPR.

Although I just read recently on your thread that one of the ladies sent her hubby with a ticket/itinerary to say they needed the visa ASAP as his ticket was booked. Might be worth a shot and besides I think it is only $75.00 to change the flight date anyway, if it ends up that it needs to be changed. Looking forward to hearing your next steps my dear. Blessings.
Thank you C&T hubby didn't tell me until 630pm all normal and quiet so I assumed it wasn't real I still don't lol. I will know for sure when I see that DM soon. Lol yea a little extra detail with the time lol. I think he will get back his passport before Christmas. In just going to wait to book the flight.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
oneandonly said:
Hello POS Family,

How is everyone holding up?

Thank you so much shout out to FAD and C&T I couldn't have done it without you 2 ladies.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!

PPR!!!!

Hubby got a call this afternoon around 3:41pm from Kingston requesting him to bring in his passport on Tuesday morning.
Awesome! Do let us know how landing goes!

Artsgie said:
Hey Port of Spain Timeline family...Hope everyone is doing pretty fine..
Landed on 26-11-13...Other than the flight took a little longer to land because of the weather, it was a wonderful experience....
When i got to immigration the Officer asked me whether i was visiting...i answered no, i am immigrating... ;D..then i handed over my COPR..
was asked to have a sit...i was briefly interviewed with simple questions which they had the answers in the possession..
Before you knew it i was out, with my wife opening her arms wide to receive me....and thank God this time i don't have to rush back home.
I also want to take this opportunity to congratulate everyone who received encouraging news,ppr, updates, COPR etc..during the past week.
God bless everyone....and let his love,favor, grace and mercy be with each and everyone over the weekend.
Glad to hear your landing went smoothly! Welcome to this new phase of your life! :D

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
oneandonly said:
Thank you C&T hubby didn't tell me until 630pm all normal and quiet so I assumed it wasn't real I still don't lol. I will know for sure when I see that DM soon. Lol yea a little extra detail with the time lol. I think he will get back his passport before Christmas. In just going to wait to book the flight.
Claim it my dear!! We are staying tuned :D. Blessings.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Question for all y'all! :)

So for our interview, we were asked to take more and recent photos of us... and more proof of communication. So i'm going through some chat logs here and I've already got about 400 pages and counting (not even close to finished). How much should we really send for the interview? Do you guys have a ballpark about how much that would be to send down by FedEx or DHL from Toronto? It is 50 cents a page to print down there so either way we're looking at an expense...

I'm torn here.... of course I want to send more than enough to quell any doubts they may have but I also don't want to spend money for no reason... you know?

What are your thoughts?

blessedone1

Sep 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
pos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september 2013
Congrats to everyone

Kiab im so jealous we have similar timeline and I haven't heard nothing

So sad today is my 1st yr anniversary didn't know what to do or how to feel :'(

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can-Vinc said:

So for our interview, we were asked to take more and recent photos of us... and more proof of communication. So i'm going through some chat logs here and I've already got about 400 pages and counting (not even close to finished). How much should we really send for the interview? Do you guys have a ballpark about how much that would be to send down by FedEx or DHL from Toronto? It is 50 cents a page to print down there so either way we're looking at an expense...

I'm torn here.... of course I want to send more than enough to quell any doubts they may have but I also don't want to spend money for no reason... you know?

What are your thoughts?
Hi Can-Vinc, although we did not have a PR interview, my husband did have an interview one year after applying for a TRV (we were refused) :mad:. Sometimes the IO can be a bit antagonistic in the interview and this is what happened with my husband and he did not react well at all. So it is important for your hubby to keep his cool. Another point is to ensure your husband is prepared to give details. I read of a recent refusal whereby the IO stated that the husband's answers "lacked depth" in terms of knowledge about his wife and her daily life in Canada. Also in my notes (PR application) the officer commented that my written communication to my husband was more lengthy and "substantive" than my husband's written communication to me. We were obviously still approved, my point in sharing that with you is that they do look at these things. We had a lot of long Skype calls as well so they probably figured that balanced it out :D. All speculation on my part though so, see what others say.

I have read of several of our POS members bringing extra proof to the interview and the IO not really looking at all of it. I believe this happened to both millslu and Miss D. if I am not mistaken. Not sure about Dadzin but if you go read their posts, you will find out more. Miss D. & Dadzin were both interviewed on the same day Oct. 25th and millslu was back in May. Just check the spreadsheet to make sure and/or you can PM them.

Not saying you should not bring your info., but you may want to bring a "selection" of proof due to the cost and the fact that the IO will not read everything anyway. For example, chat logs that show weekly communication in each month, rather than daily. A pattern of consistency is what I think they are looking for. This is what I did on our application and when I read my GCMS notes after we had been approved, the IO had noted that I did this and commented that it demonstrated ongoing proof of our communication over time. I did a cut and paste word doc highlighting each month of the year and included e-mails and Skype messages and Skype call durations showing a variety of our communication. And even a few fights for good measure :p (keeping it real). This doc. was 60 pages in total. If I had printed all it would have been unwieldy and I explained that in our app. I just said if you want more, I will send more.

Overall as long as your husband knows the majority of the information and explains any gaps or gives reasonable answers if he does not know something, then I am sure he will ace it!! A reasonable person cannot expect to know every detail about their spouse. My husband has 11 siblings and do you think I can ever name them all??? NO!!! ;D You and hubby will do great. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
blessedone1 said:
Congrats to everyone

Kiab im so jealous we have similar timeline and I haven't heard nothing

So sad today is my 1st yr anniversary didn't know what to do or how to feel :'(
Hi blessedone1 and Happy Anniversary :)......I know it is bittersweet :'( to not be with your beloved to celebrate but if POS keeps moving along you should be together for some milestones in 2014 so take heart.

KIAB's case is highly unusual and the fastest any application has moved through that office since the year folks started the spreadsheet. So stay positive about your file, it probably won't beat that record but again, POS seems to be on a roll so hopefully you will hear something soon.

If it has been more than 3 months since you submitted your application you can send POS an e-mail asking if it has been received in their office. They are supposed to send out AORs but not always does this happen. Even so, I am sure you will get a reply and often just hearing anything is encouraging. That is what I did and a few other members have done that as well.

Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Zouk Princesse said:
Awesome! Do let us know how landing goes!

Glad to hear your landing went smoothly! Welcome to this new phase of your life! :D
Hi Zouk, hope you have been keeping well. Nice to have you stop by ;) and send your positive vibes. Blessings my dear.

KIAB

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUG-2013
AOR Received.
02-SEPT-2013 [Stage 1], 18-NOV-2013 [STAGE 2]
File Transfer...
09-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
11-JULY-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
Congrats on landing artsgiee

Cdnandtrini less than 2 weeks and your homeee !!

Millslu congrats on the babyy :)

Blessed1 happy one year, and don't worry my case has been highly unusual as everyone has said but things seem to be moving at pos so keep.those fingers crossed

Update on our filee
Ecas changed on friday to in process as of nov 25
Hubby recieved POS AOR (snail mail dated nov 18) on thr same day we got PPR nov 27
Passport sent Nov 29

That's it for now

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
KIAB said:
Congrats on landing artsgiee

Cdnandtrini less than 2 weeks and your homeee !!

Millslu congrats on the babyy :)

Blessed1 happy one year, and don't worry my case has been highly unusual as everyone has said but things seem to be moving at pos so keep.those fingers crossed

Update on our filee
Ecas changed on friday to in process as of nov 25
Hubby recieved POS AOR (snail mail dated nov 18) on thr same day we got PPR nov 27
Passport sent Nov 29

That's it for now
Hi KIAB, great news :D! It is nice to see ecas change so that we know for sure. I wonder how long it will take for the passport to be returned? Recent action from POS indicates it can take up to 4 weeks but I am thinking they may put a push on things so people can book their flights and travel before Christmas. Keep us posted. Blessings.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Can-Vinc said:

What are your thoughts?
400 pages is probably too much... As C&T said, focus on pages that show consistent and ongoing communication. I don't remember if you ordered your notes...if yes, was anything flagged in there? If yes, then bring in conversations that can help to address those flags. They also like to see the relationship continuing to grow during the immigration process, so anything showing the two of you dealing with a life issue, making plans for the future, family involvement, showing support to one another, making decisions together (big or small) that will help a lot. Also, if you have any communication to either of you from the other's family, that will help as well. Good luck!

CdnandTrini said:
Hi Zouk, hope you have been keeping well. Nice to have you stop by ;) and send your positive vibes. Blessings my dear.
Hey girl, I've been doing great...busy, but still lurking when I can. We've got some sort of winter storm going on outside, so just trying to keep safe n warm ;D Hope all is well with you n yours!

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
Famzin lol...yea you got the idea... Thank you!

MissDominica said:
Dadzin - the end is HERE! Congrats to you and the famzin

Cbn Cdn - Congrats to you!

FAD - Congrats on the landing!

millslu - glad you will stick around for me pleaseeee?

Kadi27 - Thank u!

oneandonly - good for you guys!

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
Regarding the interview. The IO may not review all your supporting docs but you should have as much as possible to demonstrate a genuine, continuos, growing relationship. On the day of the interview we submitted our additional docs; new photos, records of mobile etop ups, whatsapp chats, email chats, Facebook, sworn letters from family and friends etc. Our folder was placed in the drop box and my wife was called in about 20 minutes later. The IO spent about 1hr 45 mins interviewing her. My wife said the IO asked a lot of questions, some already answered in the docs. But the IO wants to see how you're answering. They want to feel comfortable that you're genuine. They don't want to hear staged answers with negative body language. You just need to relax and be truthful. Don't go there with the intentions of being dishonest or try to cover up anything because if they find out, misrepresentation will ban you from Canada. Be yourself, relax and trust in God. Btw someone from this forum told me to make up some fake letters etc to show communication as I met my wife on fb and we deleted our accounts and didn't have any chats to show how we first connected. I didn't take that advice and instead showed a letter I wrote to fb requesting that information and they didn't respond. Be very careful of the advice you take.

So it was impossible for the IO to review all our docs in 15-20 mins. So it wouldn't hurt a lot financially to overwhelm them with docs. Most importantly the applicant must demonstrate the above. Satisfy the IO that you're not in this for immigration purposes. Oh and smile! My wife said the IO was trying so hard to be serious but burst out in laughter when my wife told her about our first date lol. The IO showed a human side that you don't often see. In the end, we recieved PPR immediately and just had to redo meds.

Best Wishes
Dadzin

CdnandTrini said:
Hi blessedone1 and Happy Anniversary :)......I know it is bittersweet :'( to not be with your beloved to celebrate but if POS keeps moving along you should be together for some milestones in 2014 so take heart.

KIAB's case is highly unusual and the fastest any application has moved through that office since the year folks started the spreadsheet. So stay positive about your file, it probably won't beat that record but again, POS seems to be on a roll so hopefully you will hear something soon.

If it has been more than 3 months since you submitted your application you can send POS an e-mail asking if it has been received in their office. They are supposed to send out AORs but not always does this happen. Even so, I am sure you will get a reply and often just hearing anything is encouraging. That is what I did and a few other members have done that as well.

Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dadzin said:
Regarding the interview. The IO may not review all your supporting docs but you should have as much as possible to demonstrate a genuine, continuos, growing relationship. On the day of the interview we submitted our additional docs; new photos, records of mobile etop ups, whatsapp chats, email chats, Facebook, sworn letters from family and friends etc. Our folder was placed in the drop box and my wife was called in about 20 minutes later. The IO spent about 1hr 45 mins interviewing her. My wife said the IO asked a lot of questions, some already answered in the docs. But the IO wants to see how you're answering. They want to feel comfortable that you're genuine. They don't want to hear staged answers with negative body language. You just need to relax as be truthful. Don't go there with the intentions of being dishonest or try to cover up anything because if they find out, misrepresentation will ban you from Canada. Be yourself, relax and trust in God. Btw someone from this forum told me to make up some fake letters etc to show communication as I met my wife on fb and we deleted our accounts and didn't have any chats to show how we first connected. I didn't take that advice and instead showed a letter I wrote to fb requesting that information and they didn't respond. Be very careful of the advice you take.

So it was impossible for the IO to review all our docs in 15-20 mins. So it wouldn't hurt a lot financially to overwhelm them with docs. Most importantly the applicant must demonstrate the above. Satisfy the IO that you're not in this for immigration purposes. Oh and smile! My wife said the IO was trying so hard to be serious but burst out in laughter when my wife told her about our first date lol. The IO showed a human side that you don't often see. In the end, we recieved PPR immediately and just had to redo meds.

Best Wishes
Dadzin
Great input Dadzin as you and your wife have the actual experience, thanks for chiming in. There you have it Can-Vinc, direct from the "famzin's"!! Btw Dadzin, when are you folks landing? Any plans yet? Blessings.

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
CdnandTrini said:
Great input Dadzin as you and your wife have the actual experience, thanks for chiming in. There you have it Can-Vinc, direct from the "famzin's"!! Btw Dadzin, when are you folks landing? Any plans yet? Blessings.
Landing? Lol we are not really in a rush to land. Spending Xmas in tt then a trip to Disney land then back to canada in Jan 2014! I'm back out to work in Feb 2014.