December, 2012
Med's Done....
May, 2013
Passport Req..
19th September, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26th September, 2013
Dadzin said:
Good After everyone! "You do not have sufficient documents to prove your relationship"

Just got back from our interview. Here is the run down.
I accompanied my wife and 2 kids to the interview. Upon arriving I saw 2 young ladies sitting outside waiting. I said none of them couldn't be Miss D as she would've recognized me and said hi. So we went inside, security guard said ONLY my wife can go in. So I had to go back outside with our babies. My daughter is 17 months and my son 3 months, it was going to be a task waiting! My daughter kept running up and down, doing all kinds of tricks! I noticed the young lady on my right was enjoying looking my daughter cause mischief! I said she couldn't be Miss D cause she would've said Hi long time! I inquired how long she was waiting then we started chatting.............OK I'LL GET TO THE PART YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT!!!!

....After an hour and a half my wife walks out, she puts me to sit down and says the officer told her "You do not have sufficient documents to prove your relationship". Nervously I asked " where is the refusal document then"! I started searching through the bags then I saw the "Medical form" to re-do the meds for my wife and daughter. Momzin smiled and said the officer said "I accept that your relationship is genuine"!!!! So yes we got through and just have to redo meds!!!!!wohoooooooo! Finally we are at the end. The officer said as soon as we do the meds, drop off the passport right away. within 4-6 weeks we should have the visa!

By the way....the nice young lady was indeed Miss D! Really nice to have met her...she'll update you guys on their interview. Thanks for helping me with the babies Miss D! :D :D :D :D :D

\"
Congratz Dadzin and Family!!!!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Trini100 said:
hey guys just letting u know my wife just landed last night :D. just wanted to know when can i go get her sin card, health card and drivers license. thanks
Congrats Trini100 and wife - welcome to Canada!! SIN card you can get immediately from Service Canada, see drivers license info. and OHIP info. down below from my prior posts:

Spouses need to bring their home country driver's license with them to Canada (make sure it is still valid) along with a letter of "Authentication" either from the home country's Roads & Transport Authority (whatever that is in each person's country, or the home country's consulate located in Canada, stating that he/she has more than 24 months driving experience in home country. Spouses can drive with their country of origin license for up to 60 days but need to get it all changed within that time frame.

If he/she has a letter of authentication they will only have to do the G test. Here is the link below for how it works in Ontario: http://www.drivetest.ca/EN/licencing/Pages/Out-of-Country-Drivers.aspx - ON info.
There are a few countries that have reciprocal driving agreements but Caribbean ones are not on that list.
(**Exchange agreements exist between Ontario and: other Canadian provinces and territories, Canadian Forces Europe, U.S.A., Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Great Britain, Germany, Isle of Man, Japan, Korea, Northern Ireland and Switzerland).

Some of the Consulates here in Canada (for some countries) can also provide the letters of authentication, but always phone first and confirm. I know the T&T consulate in Toronto does them for T&T residents.

OHIP coverage, taken right off their website:
Eligibility

Ontario residents are eligible for provincially funded health coverage (OHIP). Generally, to be eligible for Ontario health coverage you must :
•be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or among one of the newcomer to Canada groups who are eligible for OHIP as set out in Ontario's Health Insurance Act ; and
•be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in any 12-month period; and
•be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province; and
• make your primary place of residence in Ontario.

OHIP coverage normally becomes effective three months after the date you establish residency in Ontario. The ministry strongly encourages new and returning residents to purchase private health insurance in case you become ill during the OHIP waiting period.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Brownbeauty said:
Hey everyone. Can anyone tell me when do you think my hubby will be receiving his passport. On Friday like I said the status on E - Cas have been change to decision made and I was told before the week out he will be getting his passport back. I am just wondering because we would be really glad to get him on a straight flight for Friday coming from Guyana to Toronto. Knowing all straight flights is only on Tuesdays and Friday.
Hi Bb, I would cautiously guess possibly this week or next but it is hard to pinpoint. POS is never that predictable. It will be soon though so make sure he is watching the phone and e-mails and keep us posted! Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Maddants said:
Congrats on your big news........you and hubby will sure be reunited very soon...Im so happy to hear that families is getting thru this long process. i wish you all the best sis.
Thanks Maddants :D.....still have you and the Missus in our prayers. Has she arrived for her visit yet? Would be so nice if you got the call while she is there and you could come back together ;). Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
smokijoe said:
you can apply for her sin immediately. You can also apply for health card but you will need proof of her address. Her card will not be valid for use until 90 days after her arrival in Canada. As for her drivers licence, I am not sure if she can transfer what she now has to an Ontario drivers license. If she can, she can do so immediately as well. I think the fee is $75.
Hey smokijoe, nice to see you are stopping by to support the POS family :D!

doc.lady

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Guyana
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November, 2012
AOR Received.
March, 2013
File Transfer...
December, 2012
Med's Done....
May, 2013
Passport Req..
19th September, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26th September, 2013
Hey Everyone, just wanted to give a big congrats and shout out to:

Dadzin and Fam

C Trini - You're almost at the end, let the celebration start

FAD

Miss D- congratz on getting through the interview. That lady was just picky. she didn't have anything to say. You are an inspiration and an example of " when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade" Enjoy the UK with your hubby!

Millslu- Better late than never- Congratz Mr and Mrs. Millslu!!! Mr. Millslu seems like a real prankster! :D. Can't believe he did that to Mrs. Millslu :p

congratz to anyone else I might have missed and Welcome to all of the new persons!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
éloveutsavoir said:
CDnandTrini
i hope allllllllllllllllllllllllll you told me trus me we keep in touch and thanks a lot for all :p
Hello my dear, I hope it is all true too; however, it is just an educated guess on my part based on the information/activity we can gather from our group experiences. Will continue to pray for you. Blessings.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
CdnandTrini said:
Thanks Maddants :D.....still have you and the Missus in our prayers. Has she arrived for her visit yet? Would be so nice if you got the call while she is there and you could come back together ;). Blessings.
it sure would be nice to get the call while she was here...... she will be arriving in Jamaica tomorrow in the afternoon...i sure cant wait to see her walk out of the airport in montego bay

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
doc.lady said:
Hey Everyone, just wanted to give a big congrats and shout out to:

Dadzin and Fam

C Trini - You're almost at the end, let the celebration start

FAD

Miss D- congratz on getting through the interview. That lady was just picky. she didn't have anything to say. You are an inspiration and an example of " when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade" Enjoy the UK with your hubby!

Millslu- Better late than never- Congratz Mr and Mrs. Millslu!!! Mr. Millslu seems like a real prankster! :D. Can't believe he did that to Mrs. Millslu :p

congratz to anyone else I might have missed and Welcome to all of the new persons!
Thanks for the shout out doc.lady :D, so looking forward for this process to be over for everyone!! Blessings.

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
yawwwnnn what gone what happen did i miss anythin did @MISSD land yet hurry woman i cant wait to burn the house downnnn. hahhahahahah

congrats on those who get pp or ppr again its coming to an end, welcome new peeps, sorry bu when i see new peeps i get a mental breakdown flashbacks and start crying like a baby, and then i ask for my mommy, and yes my wife get pissed.

anyways tell MISSD am still waiting. wake me up when she has landed. sweeet

love you guys from mr and mrs millslu

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Maddants said:
it sure would be nice to get the call while she was here...... she will be arriving in Jamaica tomorrow in the afternoon...i sure cant wait to see her walk out of the airport in montego bay
Maddants, if anyone deserves to hear some good news while together, it is the two of you. So happy that you will be able to spend some quality time with each other. Do not let immigration spoil your fun :p. Blessings and prayers.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
millslu said:
yawwwnnn what gone what happen did i miss anythin did @ MISSD land yet hurry woman i cant wait to burn the house downnnn. hahhahahahah

congrats on those who get pp or ppr again its coming to an end, welcome new peeps, sorry bu when i see new peeps i get a mental breakdown flashbacks and start crying like a baby, and then i ask for my mommy, and yes my wife get pissed.

anyways tell MISSD am still waiting. wake me up when she has landed. sweeet

love you guys from mr and mrs millslu
:p Lol.....

éloveutsavoir

Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013 with all docs completed to mississauga
Doc's Request.
CSQ for québec got it 9 may 2013
AOR Received.
7 sept 2013 POS confirme with a email they received the file
File Transfer...
8-03-2013 mississauga sent all docs completed to POS comfirme with a letter
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
CDnandTrini
Just to be sur about what you told me....do you think its a good news my man get his own UCI number?? cauz thats mean what exactly if his status don t change..... :(

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
éloveutsavoir said:
CDnandTrini
Just to be sur about what you told me....do you think its a good news my man get his own UCI number?? cauz thats mean what exactly if his status don t change..... :(
Hello,

Nobody can be sure about your file - especially at POS where they seem to make silly decisions sometimes. I thought for 100% sure I would not get an interview until after I waited 14 months and found out we were waiting in line for an interview and our case was simple (no previous marriages, no kids, proof of living together, hundreds of pics, 20lbs of proof, etc. AND the visa officer admitted she thinks our relationship was genuine even before the interview - yet we STILL got an interview). Then there are some on the site that thought for sure they would get an interview and sped right through. So it's hard to say what they will do.

CdnandTrini is right. "In Process" is a good sign with Port of Spain.. but in your case where you're filing the hardest type of visa to get for the family class (conjugal), it's hard to say how they will handle it. We all hope that you speed through without any issue.. but one never can tell with this office.

Sometimes on this site, when an e-cas says "In Process" then a few days to weeks later, the request for a passport comes. But sometimes, in process can mean simply that they are working on your file and does not mean that your passport request is coming so fast. But one thing you know is that they are at least DOING something on your file.. which is great. So whatever the outcome - we'll be here to help you along the way.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
doc.lady said:
Thank you. I'm still worried but I hope you are right. Thanks for checking in.