Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Dadzin said:
Good After everyone! "You do not have sufficient documents to prove your relationship"

Just got back from our interview. Here is the run down.
I accompanied my wife and 2 kids to the interview. Upon arriving I saw 2 young ladies sitting outside waiting. I said none of them couldn't be Miss D as she would've recognized me and said hi. So we went inside, security guard said ONLY my wife can go in. So I had to go back outside with our babies. My daughter is 17 months and my son 3 months, it was going to be a task waiting! My daughter kept running up and down, doing all kinds of tricks! I noticed the young lady on my right was enjoying looking my daughter cause mischief! I said she couldn't be Miss D cause she would've said Hi long time! I inquired how long she was waiting then we started chatting.............OK I'LL GET TO THE PART YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT!!!!

....After an hour and a half my wife walks out, she puts me to sit down and says the officer told her "You do not have sufficient documents to prove your relationship". Nervously I asked " where is the refusal document then"! I started searching through the bags then I saw the "Medical form" to re-do the meds for my wife and daughter. Momzin smiled and said the officer said "I accept that your relationship is genuine"!!!! So yes we got through and just have to redo meds!!!!!wohoooooooo! Finally we are at the end. The officer said as soon as we do the meds, drop off the passport right away. within 4-6 weeks we should have the visa!

By the way....the nice young lady was indeed Miss D! Really nice to have met her...she'll update you guys on their interview. Thanks for helping me with the babies Miss D! :D :D :D :D :D

\"
WOOHOO, WOOHOO, WOOHOO CONGRATULATIONS Dadzin :D!! Your story had me sweating!!!!! You and Momzin are both teasers!!! So happy your immigration stress is DONE and you met Miss D. in the meantime. Blessings keep on coming.......

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
yahoooooooooo my ecas changed to COMPLETED hahahahaa, am just kidding guys,(doesnt really matter) but a YAHHHOOOOOOO for @dadzin and @missd i dont want even know what to say OMG yurll guys better get home before xmas or am gonna kick your butt.hey @dadzin and @MISSD i wanted more details this was so excited this is the best interview story ever especially with you both meeting each other,am so excited i need to take my meds,urghhh.

yourll guys are the best, now please hurry the hell up and i dont care what you say but we guys have to meet up in toronto and burn some papers and talk about these few god forsaken months, invitations will be out before the end of the year. look out for it.

yahoooooo am so happy this is over YOURLL GUYS COME on homeeeeeeee.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MissDominica said:
Lol lol lol!!!!! Love your tory Dadzin!! Your kiddos are beau-teeee-fullll!! Glad u were there to keep me company or I would have gone mad.

As for our interview, I have mixed feelings. My hubby was interviewed by a different officer than Dadzins wife. She said she already knew our relationship was genuine and barely even touched the extra proof of on going relationship stuff we brought. She said she had no doubt and that if we were married we would have been approved without an interview. She said interview was to prove common law by viewing our original proof. For original proof we had our original leases showing continuous cohabitation for 15 months, rent receipts for each of those months, 3 notarized letters stating the period we lived together (one from landlord, one from landlord husband, one from our neighbor). She looked at it and asked why we dont have receipts for bills like water, cable, or buying furniture. Hubby said our apartment was fukky furnished and that all bills were included in rent (which it says in the lease). She then decided there was some issue with the ink colors on the lease vs the receipts????? She said it looked strange that the landlord did lease stuff in one color pen and receipts in a different color or something like that. Like. Are u effing serious? Whatever pen the landlord gave uswe signed with. Anyway. Hubby told her we have letters and tons of proof and she should call the landlord or anyone if she has concern and she kept saying it was strange but did not want to see any extra proof (we had a giant bag of stuff and she said noto looking at it). So after they went back and forth over the pen colors she said that she didnt want to wste too much time talking about the lease and tht they should move on to ask other question, all of which hubby knew the answer to.

At the end she said she believes the relationship is genuine and she kept the ORIGINAL leases (not cool), the notarized letters stating our cohabitation dates, the rent receipts, letters from my family aying we lived together and they visited us etc. She said she believes our reltionship is genuine but needs to look into our documents and she will get back to us asap within 7 business days about our next step.

She was impressed I was at the interview and asked how to best contact us.

So we wait. Happy that we passed the biggest hurdle and they know we are a legit couple. But concerned that they our questioning our original papers! Like, who quetions what color pen your landlord uses? Because we applied commonlaw they need to be satisfied we lived together to be approved so its a problem that they are questioning the lease.

Im so annoyed/happy/stressed. If we were married we would be in Canada already. We are waitin to marry because I refuse to marry without my mom at my side. She raised me for a lot of years on her own and she cannot fly. And since Miguel has been refused trv twice, we cant go to her. I would marry him today in sweat pants at a desk in some office if I could but I cant do that to my mom. Sigh. So we wait. Theres the low-down.

Questions asked were basic stuff about me and my family and such.. nothin unusual.
Miss D. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :D The hard part is over and as others have said, the critical decision is that your relationship is genuine. The stuff about the pen colour is ridiculous and I am sure a few phone calls if they even do that, will get that sorted out. They just wanted to see your original documents, I am sure you will get them back, different pen colours and all!!

I did have to laugh at your "annoyed/happy/stressed comment, that just about sums it up. Nice that you and Dadzin were able to give each other moral support on this day too. Are you staying in Dominica until you get word from POS? I believe they only work half days on Fridays but I am sure you will hear something before the 7 days is up. What was said about the meds re-do? Did you get those done or were they mentioned?

You are so close to the end, hang in there!!! The annoyance and stress will be gone soon and only the happy will remain! ;)

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
fromadistance said:
Hi Behopeful,

No PP back yet! 2 more days till I see hubby :D

How is your hubby liking the cold?
Hi FAD!
You must be so excited and he must be as well. Have you travelled with baby before? Will you stay there until he is ready to come back? I wish I would have travelled to Trinidad and came back with my husband but our daughter was sick and it just didn't work out. Oh well...
He is adjusting well to the cold. I think he forgot just how cold it gets here. Where we are living now seems much colder than Toronto. He has lots of winter clothes so he really doesn't mind it too much. Have you bought clothes for hubby yet? I'm sure you remind him how cold it will be here.
Hubby continues to look for employment. I think he feels discouraged at times. Kingston is so different than Toronto. It's easy to find work in Toronto, in comparison. I always remind him, we've been faced with bigger challenges and everything will work out but as a man he wants to help provide for our family.
Have a good evening everyone!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Behopeful said:
MissD and Dadzin/Momzin... So happy for both of you. You both had very positive interviews from what I have read. Looking forward to the landing stories!

MissD so strange of them to pick up on the pen colour. Immigration never seizes to amaze me. Such a small detail to pick up on and it's of no meaning. Everything will work out fine... They believe your relationship is real and you have shown proof of cohabitation. Nothing for them to doubt!

I'm happy this day is over for both of you. Congrats!

How is everyone else? Any PP's back? Have a feeling lots of landing stories coming up soon. Cndandtrini and FAD enjoy your vacations/ preparations to being hubby home! Hope all is well with everyone else and so nice to see things are moving along. We need new members to keep the support going!
Hi Behopeful, no PP call-back yet, I think FAD and I will see those happen when we are with the hubs'. Just another good reason for champagne and celebrating ;).

FAD, did you end up getting any luggage? Are you flying out early? The countdowns begin :D

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
Behopeful said:
Hi FAD!
You must be so excited and he must be as well. Have you travelled with baby before? Will you stay there until he is ready to come back? I wish I would have travelled to Trinidad and came back with my husband but our daughter was sick and it just didn't work out. Oh well...
He is adjusting well to the cold. I think he forgot just how cold it gets here. Where we are living now seems much colder than Toronto. He has lots of winter clothes so he really doesn't mind it too much. Have you bought clothes for hubby yet? I'm sure you remind him how cold it will be here.
Hubby continues to look for employment. I think he feels discouraged at times. Kingston is so different than Toronto. It's easy to find work in Toronto, in comparison. I always remind him, we've been faced with bigger challenges and everything will work out but as a man he wants to help provide for our family.
Have a good evening everyone!
hey@behpeful for a job he should try to join one of those agencies they always always get me a job, i will ook for that agency card so u can call them, but there is also a bakery in markham that makes jamacan pattee an they alway need ppl, the pay is wel and there is a restaurant in there was well, they are chinese/jamaicans. i think even best buy in bramapton maybe hiring if you have computer or any tech experience. let me know what he does maybe i can help you with some links.

good luck

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
millslu said:
hey @ behpeful for a job he should try to join one of those agencies they always always get me a job, i will ook for that agency card so u can call them, but there is also a bakery in markham that makes jamacan pattee an they alway need ppl, the pay is wel and there is a restaurant in there was well, they are chinese/jamaicans. i think even best buy in bramapton maybe hiring if you have computer or any tech experience. let me know what he does maybe i can help you with some links.

good luck
Hey Millslu!
Thank you for the advise and support. We previously lived in Toronto but have since moved to Kingston, ON. When he was in TO we had absolutely no trouble finding work with agencies and companies. Here in Kingston there are significantly less people, less agencies and more competition for jobs which is not the case in TO. He will keep hunting and trying!

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
ok cool behopeful good luck hope verything works out. hey @canadatrini wassup with tht pp damn ppl taking so long wassup with that.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Dadzin said:
Good After everyone! "You do not have sufficient documents to prove your relationship"

Just got back from our interview. Here is the run down.
I accompanied my wife and 2 kids to the interview. Upon arriving I saw 2 young ladies sitting outside waiting. I said none of them couldn't be Miss D as she would've recognized me and said hi. So we went inside, security guard said ONLY my wife can go in. So I had to go back outside with our babies. My daughter is 17 months and my son 3 months, it was going to be a task waiting! My daughter kept running up and down, doing all kinds of tricks! I noticed the young lady on my right was enjoying looking my daughter cause mischief! I said she couldn't be Miss D cause she would've said Hi long time! I inquired how long she was waiting then we started chatting.............OK I'LL GET TO THE PART YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT!!!!

....After an hour and a half my wife walks out, she puts me to sit down and says the officer told her "You do not have sufficient documents to prove your relationship". Nervously I asked " where is the refusal document then"! I started searching through the bags then I saw the "Medical form" to re-do the meds for my wife and daughter. Momzin smiled and said the officer said "I accept that your relationship is genuine"!!!! So yes we got through and just have to redo meds!!!!!wohoooooooo! Finally we are at the end. The officer said as soon as we do the meds, drop off the passport right away. within 4-6 weeks we should have the visa!

By the way....the nice young lady was indeed Miss D! Really nice to have met her...she'll update you guys on their interview. Thanks for helping me with the babies Miss D! :D :D :D :D :D

\"
Congratulations Dadzin and momzin!! : ) the end is near!

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
MissDominica said:
Lol lol lol!!!!! Love your tory Dadzin!! Your kiddos are beau-teeee-fullll!! Glad u were there to keep me company or I would have gone mad.

As for our interview, I have mixed feelings. My hubby was interviewed by a different officer than Dadzins wife. She said she already knew our relationship was genuine and barely even touched the extra proof of on going relationship stuff we brought. She said she had no doubt and that if we were married we would have been approved without an interview. She said interview was to prove common law by viewing our original proof. For original proof we had our original leases showing continuous cohabitation for 15 months, rent receipts for each of those months, 3 notarized letters stating the period we lived together (one from landlord, one from landlord husband, one from our neighbor). She looked at it and asked why we dont have receipts for bills like water, cable, or buying furniture. Hubby said our apartment was fukky furnished and that all bills were included in rent (which it says in the lease). She then decided there was some issue with the ink colors on the lease vs the receipts????? She said it looked strange that the landlord did lease stuff in one color pen and receipts in a different color or something like that. Like. Are u effing serious? Whatever pen the landlord gave uswe signed with. Anyway. Hubby told her we have letters and tons of proof and she should call the landlord or anyone if she has concern and she kept saying it was strange but did not want to see any extra proof (we had a giant bag of stuff and she said noto looking at it). So after they went back and forth over the pen colors she said that she didnt want to wste too much time talking about the lease and tht they should move on to ask other question, all of which hubby knew the answer to.

At the end she said she believes the relationship is genuine and she kept the ORIGINAL leases (not cool), the notarized letters stating our cohabitation dates, the rent receipts, letters from my family aying we lived together and they visited us etc. She said she believes our reltionship is genuine but needs to look into our documents and she will get back to us asap within 7 business days about our next step.

She was impressed I was at the interview and asked how to best contact us.

So we wait. Happy that we passed the biggest hurdle and they know we are a legit couple. But concerned that they our questioning our original papers! Like, who quetions what color pen your landlord uses? Because we applied commonlaw they need to be satisfied we lived together to be approved so its a problem that they are questioning the lease.

Im so annoyed/happy/stressed. If we were married we would be in Canada already. We are waitin to marry because I refuse to marry without my mom at my side. She raised me for a lot of years on her own and she cannot fly. And since Miguel has been refused trv twice, we cant go to her. I would marry him today in sweat pants at a desk in some office if I could but I cant do that to my mom. Sigh.

So we wait. Theres the low-down.

Questions asked were basic stuff about me and my family and such.. nothin unusual.
Congratulations Miss D!! The ink color is just too ridiculous! That VO is something else! I can only imagine how annoyed you guys felt. I'm pissed just reading this. Anyways, the interview is over and there was a positive feed back. Lets just pray the visas come sooner than later for you and Dadzin and other members that's waiting after interviews or who have been waived. The holidays is around the corner, I wish you guys to be in canada before it! : )

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
millslu said:
ok cool behopeful good luck hope verything works out. hey @ canadatrini wassup with tht pp damn ppl taking so long wassup with that.
:D lol...hi millslu, I am cool as a cucumber now.....taking my cue from you and Mrs. M.....waiting patiently. It was just dropped off on Oct. 15th so only 9 days passed so far, but who's counting right?!! :p Blessings.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Thanks for the encouragement guys. Hope you are all right. Not sure what they do when they are concerned about whether your lease is real based on pen color?? The landlord (same one who did the lease) also wrote a letter this month stating the dates we lived together and signed with a notary. I would think this would solve the issue since her identical signature is on the lease and letter and the letter is confirmed to be her by the notary, right? So even if they thought the lease looked weird cuz we used 2 diff pens, shouldnt a notarized letterprove that the landlord really did sign it...

Sigh. Just wondering what happens in a siuation like this. And here we thought we were gonna get a fair shot at interiew day. We passed and now somehing else they wang to bother us about :-\

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
CdnandTrini said:
Miss D. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :D The hard part is over and as others have said, the critical decision is that your relationship is genuine. The stuff about the pen colour is ridiculous and I am sure a few phone calls if they even do that, will get that sorted out. They just wanted to see your original documents, I am sure you will get them back, different pen colours and all!!

I did have to laugh at your "annoyed/happy/stressed comment, that just about sums it up. Nice that you and Dadzin were able to give each other moral support on this day too. Are you staying in Dominica until you get word from POS? I believe they only work half days on Fridays but I am sure you will hear something before the 7 days is up. What was said about the meds re-do? Did you get those done or were they mentioned?
You are so close to the end, hang in there!!! The annoyance and stress will be gone soon and only the happy will remain! ;)
Hey mama :)

Thanks! I hope youre right :)

Actually!!! No dominica for me or hubby. I signed up last minute to do an international medical school elective in the UK. I am close to graduation so I have some flexibility to do some cool stuff. Mostly though I did it cuz hubby doesnt need a visa. So right after the interview we flew to London. Got here this am. Immigration officer started to question hubby about his stay and I had flashbacks of yesterday and I laid down the law with him. I said, listen, he is here with me til he comes back to Canada with me. Neither of us needs a visa. Heres our info. Problem? I think not. Or something similar hehe

So we are jet-lagged but together for a couple months :)

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
MissDominica said:
Hey mama :)

Thanks! I hope youre right :)

Actually!!! No dominica for me or hubby. I signed up last minute to do an international medical school elective in the UK. I am close to graduation so I have some flexibility to do some cool stuff. Mostly though I did it cuz hubby doesnt need a visa. So right after the interview we flew to London. Got here this am. Immigration officer started to question hubby about his stay and I had flashbacks of yesterday and I laid down the law

with him. I said, listen, he is here with me til he comes back to Canada with me. Neither of us needs a visa. Heres our info. Problem? I think not. Or something similar hehe

So we are jet-lagged but together for a couple months :)
No me redo. Hubby asked and she said would work on things and get back to him fast within 7 business dayx withhis next step

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
GUYS! I was so excited yesterday that I only read the medical forms attached. What I didn't see is a letter asking to courier passport 2 weeks after we redo Medicals!!!! Is that the ppr?!!! Sounds like it to me!!!