+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

shantiiii

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pos
Congratulations I am so happy for you. We are finally at the end of the road. We also were approved 2 weeks ago. When I log in to gckey it shows a document number are you able to see yours? Do you know if they return the documents back in batches?

Did anyone else get their documents back yet???

Congratss!!

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Congratulations I am so happy for you. We are finally at the end of the road. We also were approved 2 weeks ago. When I log in to gckey it shows a document number are you able to see yours? Do you know if they return the documents back in batches?

Did anyone else get their documents back yet???
the document number you are seeing it the document needed to do the landing...so my husband has until June 16, 2018 to do his landing...how about you?

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
My husband received his passport...The process is finally over! Good Luck to Everyone Else.

XOXO

misscoco16

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Nov.28.2016
Doc's Request.
21-03-17
AOR Received.
Dec.06.2016
File Transfer...
Dec.13.2016
Med's Done....
PASSED Dec 11.2016
Passport Req..
21-03-17

misscoco16

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Nov.28.2016
Doc's Request.
21-03-17
AOR Received.
Dec.06.2016
File Transfer...
Dec.13.2016
Med's Done....
PASSED Dec 11.2016
Passport Req..
21-03-17
Our original date was August 18th... since they haven't sent out our passport yet they extended it to July 20 2018:eek:......patiently waiting
When I read your husband got his passport I was so excited for you. Please share your landing story. You have been such a great help in this group!

the document number you are seeing it the document needed to do the landing...so my husband has until June 16, 2018 to do his landing...how about you?

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Our original date was August 18th... since they haven't sent out our passport yet they extended it to July 20 2018:eek:......patiently waiting
When I read your husband got his passport I was so excited for you. Please share your landing story. You have been such a great help in this group!
I will definitely share his landing story, but now I feel like ur husband may be doing his landing before mine...my husband is still under a contract with the government and cant leave until proper notice and procedures. I am going back in a few months. I am thinking they are probably going by last name (ours is B)? because he only sent his passport on August 8, and got it back August 17. And, you passport was requested long before mine...I will double check the tracking number again...you should get it soon because your husband is in TT and mine is in GT which is sooo strange.

I will keep you posted if landing will be this year. Let me know how yours go if your husband does his before mine.

I feel like we've all been there for each other for moral support since outsiders would really understand the frustration and tension...it's easier expressing yourself to someone who is going through the same and you tend to want to help as much as you can.

All the best Misscoco16, I am going to still be apart of this forum to help.

misscoco16

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Nov.28.2016
Doc's Request.
21-03-17
AOR Received.
Dec.06.2016
File Transfer...
Dec.13.2016
Med's Done....
PASSED Dec 11.2016
Passport Req..
21-03-17
So I emailed POS and they got back to me Friday morning to say they had sent out his passport since August 1st and to contact DHL. I call DHL and they couldn't find anything. So you can only imagine how much I was panicking. I sent my husband there and they managed to find it.
Apparently they had sent out his passport and documents in an expired return envelope (the one we had sent since April). Even though we sent another one in June and our phone number wasn't added for some strange reason so they couldn't contact us for it to be shipped to us.

So we now officially have everything and that long stressful journey has come to an end. Thank you to everyone for their advice and kind words it has really helped me get through this process.

I will definitely share his landing story, but now I feel like ur husband may be doing his landing before mine...my husband is still under a contract with the government and cant leave until proper notice and procedures. I am going back in a few months. I am thinking they are probably going by last name (ours is B)? because he only sent his passport on August 8, and got it back August 17. And, you passport was requested long before mine...I will double check the tracking number again...you should get it soon because your husband is in TT and mine is in GT which is sooo strange.

I will keep you posted if landing will be this year. Let me know how yours go if your husband does his before mine.

I feel like we've all been there for each other for moral support since outsiders would really understand the frustration and tension...it's easier expressing yourself to someone who is going through the same and you tend to want to help as much as you can.

All the best Misscoco16, I am going to still be apart of this forum to help.

Reactions: MonzB

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
So I emailed POS and they got back to me Friday morning to say they had sent out his passport since August 1st and to contact DHL. I call DHL and they couldn't find anything. So you can only imagine how much I was panicking. I sent my husband there and they managed to find it.
Apparently they had sent out his passport and documents in an expired return envelope (the one we had sent since April). Even though we sent another one in June and our phone number wasn't added for some strange reason so they couldn't contact us for it to be shipped to us.

So we now officially have everything and that long stressful journey has come to an end. Thank you to everyone for their advice and kind words it has really helped me get through this process.
OMG...well I am happy that is all sorted out... now your family can be complete!...Please do share your landing experience. :) All the best...

xoxo
MonzB

Bestwifey

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
App. Filed.......
23/9/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
26/10/2016
Med's Request
26/10/2017
Med's Done....
Upfront with app+med redo
Interview........
26/10/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
Sending pp on 8/11/2017
I have a question for anyone that can assist me. Older or new to this forum. Just a little back story to my application. My wife and I are going thru family sponsorship I'm the one being sponsored.
Application sent I'm September 2016
Sent to POS in November 2016.
Haven't heard anything until last week. August 2017.
Interview on 20th September.
Documents requested but not the medical.
Has anyone come across a story like that?
Is that the normal these days?
Does it have to be requested before I can have it done?

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
I have a question for anyone that can assist me. Older or new to this forum. Just a little back story to my application. My wife and I are going thru family sponsorship I'm the one being sponsored.
Application sent I'm September 2016
Sent to POS in November 2016.
Haven't heard anything until last week. August 2017.
Interview on 20th September.
Documents requested but not the medical.
Has anyone come across a story like that?
Is that the normal these days?
Does it have to be requested before I can have it done?
The reason they have not requested an updated medical is because they will make that determination base on the out come of the interview. If it is not requested you should not have it done because they have to provide you with a IME number for you to take to the doctor doing the updated medical and it would just be a waste of your money if you do it and then have to redo it again.

Bestwifey

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
App. Filed.......
23/9/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
26/10/2016
Med's Request
26/10/2017
Med's Done....
Interview........
26/10/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
Sending pp on 8/11/2017
OK. That makes sense. Thanks for answering.
So that means another set of waiting. Great!!!!! Just what my family needs.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
OK. That makes sense. Thanks for answering.
So that means another set of waiting. Great!!!!! Just what my family needs.

Ensure you're prepare for the interview...is your wife going with you? check this list for interview questions. it's always best to be fully prepare...Good Luck and I wish you all the best...you had a previous application which the previous lawyer messed up? am i right? this might be the case why you have an interview because of the past application. I am not sure I am remember our earlier conversation correctly.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-interview-questions.157678/

Bestwifey

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
App. Filed.......
23/9/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
26/10/2016
Med's Request
26/10/2017
Med's Done....
Interview........
26/10/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
Sending pp on 8/11/2017
We are trying to see if my wife can get off work. But she has both work and school to get out of. That's gonna be difficult.
I do get the reason behind the interview. I just wish they wouldn't drag there feet so much...

gehtrew

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/October/2014
Doc's Request.
04/Febuary/2015
AOR Received.
16/Febuary/2015
File Transfer...
01/March/2015./SA
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
03/June/2014
Interview........
2/9/2015
Passport Req..
In-Process/07/August/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In God Timing
I sent my passport and other requested documents to Pos V O via DHL in May of 2017. I receive an email today informing me that no documents was received from me to their office.What can I do to retrieve my documents. Any help please. Thank You.