Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Good evening friends!

Welcome to our newest member. Here is to fast processing on your end. Give the TRV a try, really don't know unless you try! Provide lots of support and it might happen. There are a small few here that have been successful.

Hi CdnandTrini! How are things? This week is feeling long and difficult. This process feels so painful. I'm having a moment of feeling sorry for myself because no one (mostly my friends/ family) really understand what we go through. I told myself (and remind myself everyday) I wouldn't let this process get me down... Some days are hard.

Anyways... LouisFam... I read the first part of your post and was interrupted by a colleague before I could finish reading and I was smiling for you! Your post made me laugh when I read it all! Are you and the family still together in Barbados?

Where are the rest of the lurkers... Come join us and keep the convo going! We don't bite... Well... Millslu sometimes does, but we've been training him to be friendly! ;)

KIAB

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUG-2013
AOR Received.
02-SEPT-2013 [Stage 1], 18-NOV-2013 [STAGE 2]
File Transfer...
09-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
11-JULY-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
@behopeful I can totally relate with you no one friends/family understanding what were going through. It's a hard process and I just started it :( hats off to those who have made it through and are going through it.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Zouk Princesse said:
Welcome Kiab! Regarding the visitors visa (TRV) while going through PR application, you are free to go ahead and try as it won't have any negative impact on the PR application. However, the chances of it being approved are slim to none. The fact that his wife is in Canada will be seen as an intention to stay beyond 6 months. Not having been to Canada before will not help with the TRV application - in fact, if he's never been to Canada or traveled to other countries, that is often cited as a reason for refusal. People who fare best in these cases are those who have been issued TRVs in the past and proven that they left the country before their time was up. Owning his own business does establish ties to Guyana, but in this case since he obviously has plans to immigrate permanently to Canada, it won't help.
Welcome new member. I will add you to our spreadsheet tomorrow (click the link at the bottom of my post to view others' information).

Zouk is correct, you will likely not get a TRV but it can't hurt to try. Your husband having only travelled within the caribbean and not to other countries like Canada will hurt rather than help. My hubby is same as yours (no record, no kids, no previous marriage, never been to Canada). He/we have travelled to almost every island and we have been refused TRV twice. One of the reasons is ALWAYS because of his lack of travel history (outside of the caribbeab) and the other is his ties to Canada (me). So, its's really frustrating (trust me) but you likely be the one doing all the visiting.

Good luck with the process! :) let us know if you have any questions.

@millslu - let's pick someone from another group hehe

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
well i would agree the fact that he has and can show some good ties to his country like his business or job or land, might give him a good chance of getting the TRV. I was hoping as the new members come in the old ones would be going out so we can have a smooth transition but wow doesnt seem like that, but i guesss anything can happen maybe a whole week of PPR is on its way. hahah night ppl

:p :p :p@behopeful

what do you recommend of mighty @DRMISSD?

Brit_Edwards

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
25-OCT-2013
File Transfer...
25-10-2013 // IN PROCESS Feb 5 2014
Med's Done....
27-MAY-2013// RE-DO 03-JUNE-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAY-2015//SENT 12-JUNE-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-JUNE-2015 // SENT BACK 11-JULY-2015
LANDED..........
<3 16-JULY-2015 <3
millslu said:
@ BRIT AM so sorry i dont want to scare you i just want to help you with this, after reading you timeline i see more red flags, i saw that he got married 2 month before he left canada that is another red flag, so make sure you are prepared for an interview cause there is a few red flags, i dnt want to scare you i just want to help you, we have a wealth of advice here.
Hey millslu..i just realised this quote and you were saying that because he left then we got married after that would be a red flag...now in this specific quote when u misunderstood, you thought we got married 2 months before and you STILL said thats a red flag...to me your scaring me and confusing me at the same time

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
Brit_Edwards said:
Hey millslu..i just realised this quote and you were saying that because he left then we got married after that would be a red flag...now in this specific quote when u misunderstood, you thought we got married 2 months before and you STILL said thats a red flag...to me your scaring me and confusing me at the same time
hi @brit if i came off as scary and misunderstood, this is not the intention of this forum and if that is the case accept my apology. if you go to page 373 of the POS FORUM @zouk game a clear and precise account of your application file and watever red flags you should play close attention to. but please bare in mind that you have a genuine relationship and no matter what red glags you have nothing can stand between you and your marriage and at the end of the day you and your husband and your baby will be together in canada.

thanks @ brit

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
millslu said:
hi @ brit if i came off as scary and misunderstood, this is not the intention of this forum and if that is the case accept my apology. if you go to page 373 of the POS FORUM @ zouk game a clear and precise account of your application file and watever red flags you should play close attention to. but please bare in mind that you have a genuine relationship and no matter what red glags you have nothing can stand between you and your marriage and at the end of the day you and your husband and your baby will be together in canada.

thanks @ brit
Very well said Millslu. I commend you for this post.
Each of us has different depths and layers to our application and not a single one is the same. We, as a group, are here to cheer each other on and help each other understand the reality of the process. Many things can be misunderstand when direct communication doesn't occur and sometimes we mix each other up! Right now no one has had a PPR for many months, infact 6 months or more to be accurate. That doesnt mean people wont get through faster or slower but this is the current reality we face. This forum does represent a small number of actual files processed, but this is the current reality. No one here is an expert but we help to guide each other from our experiences and not cause intentional grief or stress.
Stay optimistic and I truly appreciate the free advise I get from this site... Take everything with a grain of salt and apply what you want to your situation and file. Thanks eveyone for all the support during this process! Enjoy the weekend.

kenyatta

Star Member
May 8, 2011
/Re: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago /how to send prepaid envelope

Can someone tell me how to go about sending prepaid return envelope to port of spain

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
MissDominica said:
Welcome new member. I will add you to our spreadsheet tomorrow (click the link at the bottom of my post to view others' information).

Zouk is correct, you will likely not get a TRV but it can't hurt to try. Your husband having only travelled within the caribbean and not to other countries like Canada will hurt rather than help. My hubby is same as yours (no record, no kids, no previous marriage, never been to Canada). He/we have travelled to almost every island and we have been refused TRV twice. One of the reasons is ALWAYS because of his lack of travel history (outside of the caribbeab) and the other is his ties to Canada (me). So, its's really frustrating (trust me) but you likely be the one doing all the visiting.
@KIAB & @Brit - welcome to the forum and POS thread.

@KIAB - I agree with both Zouk P. & Miss D. on their TRV answers. It does not hurt to try; however, in reality most get rejected. I have been in a relationship with my husband for over 6 years (only married and applied early this year though for PR sponsorship) and we/he have had 4 TRV refusals during the course of our relationship for all of the exact reasons the ladies have mentioned above in their posts. In addition, my husband owns property, does have kids there from his first marriage and has owned/operated his business for over 15 years. The business owner thing worked against us as the VO stated in our refusal letters, that he could not demonstrate "employment" ties. On the other hand, the refusals can be seen favourably in view of the PR application as it shows effort on the part of the couple to attempt to be together and introduce your life partner to the other loved ones in your life. Yes it is crazy-making but that is really how immigration perceives it. I will still pray that you get one though, we can all relate to having to do the one way travelling. Blessings.

@Brit, the process is scary and confusing for all of us, you are not alone. I also found though, that when I was new to the forum it was a bit more overwhelming until I read many stories and posts and understood more of the terminology and looked at the trends on the various spreadsheets. And as Behopeful & Millslu said, each file is different and we all try to sift through the information and take what is relevant to our own situations. The important thing is to document everything you can about your marriage (I know it's not normal :() and be as prepared as you can be. Then pray!!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Behopeful said:
Good evening friends!

Welcome to our newest member. Here is to fast processing on your end. Give the TRV a try, really don't know unless you try! Provide lots of support and it might happen. There are a small few here that have been successful.

Hi CdnandTrini! How are things? This week is feeling long and difficult. This process feels so painful. I'm having a moment of feeling sorry for myself because no one (mostly my friends/ family) really understand what we go through. I told myself (and remind myself everyday) I wouldn't let this process get me down... Some days are hard.

Anyways... LouisFam... I read the first part of your post and was interrupted by a colleague before I could finish reading and I was smiling for you! Your post made me laugh when I read it all! Are you and the family still together in Barbados?

Where are the rest of the lurkers... Come join us and keep the convo going! We don't bite... Well... Millslu sometimes does, but we've been training him to be friendly! ;)
Hi Behopeful, things for me are: "feeling long and difficult. This process feels so painful. I'm having a moment of feeling sorry for myself because no one (mostly my friends/ family) really understand what we go through. I told myself (and remind myself everyday) I wouldn't let this process get me down... Some days are hard."

It's not plagiarizing if I give you credit as the source ;)!! I could not have said it better myself. I prefer to lurk when I am feeling miserable. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Behopeful said:
Question for other members... My husband and I were common law from early 2011. He was in the lease, my health benefits with lots of claims, the beneficiary and reported/ files taxes together. I've read somewhere CRA can issue a letter saying we were common law and filed taxes together. Did anyone else get a letter from CRA?
Hi Behopeful, did you ever get an answer for this? I am not sure about the common law stuff. Miss D. seems to know a lot on this issue or maybe you could post it as a new topic in the main thread? Just trying to Behelpful...lol... :D

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Re: /Re: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago /how to send prepaid envelope

kenyatta said:
Can someone tell me how to go about sending prepaid return envelope to port of spain
Whyyyyyyy?! Did someone get a request for a passport or someeeething?!

Lol

You go to the courier of your choice (e.g. fedex) and get one large envelope. Put POS's mailing address on it. You ask the courier to also make you up a return envelope from that same POS address back to your own address and pay for both envelopes. Put the second "return" envelope INSIDE the envelope you're mailing to POS (fold it to make it fit) along with whatever they asked you to send.

Hope that helps!

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Re: /Re: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago /how to send prepaid envelope

MissDominica said:
Whyyyyyyy?! Did someone get a request for a passport or someeeething?!

Lol

You go to the courier of your choice (e.g. fedex) and get one large envelope. Put POS's mailing address on it. You ask the courier to also make you up a return envelope from that same POS address back to your own address and pay for both envelopes. Put the second "return" envelope INSIDE the envelope you're mailing to POS (fold it to make it fit) along with whatever they asked you to send.

Hope that helps!
Well. Two things.

1) I checked out your (kenyatta) last posts. You got PPR request stuff for your brother not so long ago. Must have been in exam mode and missed it. So disregard my giddy comment above. For some reason I thought you were sponsoring a spouse and got a new PPR. Brain fart.

2) My ticker changed to 1 year today. :-X

KIAB

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUG-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
11-JULY-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
Good morning everyonee, hope you guys are having a good weekend
I have a question although the application has gone in already
Regarding the income..
I made literally nothing in 2012, 2011(part time) due to going back to school fulltime but prior I had a decent income. I'm working full time right now making decent being a new grad sucks so hard to get a job. I included mu option c printtout from 2009 onwards, a job letter from my current company, a explanation as to why inhad such a low income and copies of my nursing diploma with a copy of my current school schedule cause I'm upgrading and specializing. Do you guys think that's enough?

KIAB

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUG-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
11-JULY-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
Guys,
I never used magicjack can someone explain to me how it works and if it works in Guyana?
Thanks