Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Melanitabonita said:
ok, so i got a responce from the office, not much there but at least this time they did answer!
I copy past the email below...
Good Day Mr. Lopez Montoya,
This refers to your E-mail below concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Your file is with the reviewing office at this time. Once the review is completed, we will inform you of the next step.
We hope the above information will be of assistance to you.

Immigration Service / Service de l'immigration
High Commission of Canada / Haut-commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box / C.P. 565
3-3A Sweet Briar Road, St. Clair[/font]Port of Spain
Trinidad and Tobago
So yes, not much info but at least i know my file is not lost!!
That's awesome! At least you know someone is paying some attention to it. Hopefully the next email will be your PPR!

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zouk Princesse said:
That's awesome! At least you know someone is paying some attention to it. Hopefully the next email will be your PPR!
Please Zouk Princesse, do POS send passport request by email or by post office mail?. Has any one received passport request by email and post officed mail?. I am just curious . I prefare email because it is faster.

smokijoe

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PoS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not needed
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2012
LANDED..........
12/06/2012
I Have heard of POS sendong PPR by email, they also called the person ib question and informed them of the way in which to send the required docs along with the passport.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
quebecboy said:
Please Zouk Princesse, do POS send passport request by email or by post office mail?. Has any one received passport request by email and post officed mail?. I am just curious . I prefare email because it is faster.
They've used any one of the three possible mediums: phone, email, post mail.

Our PPR was sent via post mail. We were quite upset as it took a full 4 weeks from the date it was written to when we received it. Our suspicion is that they used this method because they were waiting on our medical certificate extension and wanted to buy some time. The method most often used in recent times has been email.

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smokijoe said:
I Have heard of POS sendong PPR by email, they also called the person ib question and informed them of the way in which to send the required docs along with the passport.
thanks a lot smokijoe.

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zouk Princesse said:
They've used any one of the three possible mediums: phone, email, post mail.

Our PPR was sent via post mail. We were quite upset as it took a full 4 weeks from the date it was written to when we received it. Our suspicion is that they used this method because they were waiting on our medical certificate extension and wanted to buy some time. The method most often used in recent times has been email.
Thanks for this quick reply Zouk princesse. Have a nice day.

Melanitabonita

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Trinidad and Tobago
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
Doc's Request.
18-10-2011
Nomination.....
25-03-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
15-04-2011
Med's Request
re do 16-01-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
16-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Pleeeease soon!!
So i pushed my luck further and reply to POS thanking them for the reply and asking if they can tell me if at least the background had been started for my file notes said no in july...got a reply, saying that it had not been started...what????? they asked us for the background check from colombia in oct 2011 and confirmed receiving it in jan 2012...so i wrote back asking what was happening with my file for those 10 months! my notes said all other stages were passed in october 2011...my ecase has been saying medical received since then...what the????
I dont expect a reply this time...but we will see...man ho man i cant take it anymore!!!
Background check can take so long!!

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Melanitabonita said:
So i pushed my luck further and reply to POS thanking them for the reply and asking if they can tell me if at least the background had been started for my file notes said no in july...got a reply, saying that it had not been started...what????? they asked us for the background check from colombia in oct 2011 and confirmed receiving it in jan 2012...so i wrote back asking what was happening with my file for those 10 months! my notes said all other stages were passed in october 2011...my ecase has been saying medical received since then...what the????
I dont expect a reply this time...but we will see...man ho man i cant take it anymore!!!
Background check can take so long!!
we are in the same soup. I have been waiting for 12months today. POS just do not respond to my mails. This is your time because they reply to your mails .Soon you will go through. Wish you more luck

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Hey everyone, I'd like your advice (especially Zouk since her hubby is from Dominica):

So my stage 1 was just approved. Presumably my application is on its way to POS or just getting there now. I applied common-law so I want to give as much proof as possible, since I'm sure we're one of those "red flag" couples because of the different race/background etc. So since we filed, I have added him as my beneficiary and I have kept track of my sending him money several times as well as our daily conversations (skype, etc). Personally, I feel like I SHOULD send it to them because, before applying, I had never had him as my beneficiary and had never sent him money (cuz we were living together lol, duh) and we also did not have too much chat history (skype, etc) because, again, we saw each other daily in person. I feel like I should mail it now, since it will likely be awhile before they even touch my application, so it wouldnt cause THAT much of a delay and hopefully they could match up my new stuff with my application? Or would I have to wait for AOR (or let some time pass) so that they have me in the computer before I sent new stuff?

Problem is, I have heard that sending new proof can cause pretty significant delays, especially if they already started working on your file... as they have to pull the file out, add a bunch of stuff you sent, then re-file and it may change the date to look at it again to a later one since it was pulled out of the order/line.

So my thinking was, get it there super early and then hopefully they would match it up while it was still at the very back of the line (like I am now) anyway, and not lose time. However, at this point, I do not know if they would be able to match it up (because I feel like it will be just sitting in a "Received but Not Yet Opened" pile for a few months and maybe all the stuff I send will get lost and never get matched)...

Advice? I do NOT want to delay my application but I also do not want to get denied and I feel like these are sort of important proofs...

Help?

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
@ melanita n qcboy, That's insane, wish there was some new advice I could give. After a year of waiting, I would normally suggest that you get your MP involved, however, when I spoke with POS, they informed me that they do not give any information to MPs, so having them make inquiries on your behalf is pointless and no sense delaying your file with no benefit right? All I can say is keep on them with the emails. My experience with POS was that we only got movement when we kept at them.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
MissDominica said:
Hey everyone, I'd like your advice (especially Zouk since her hubby is from Dominica):

So my stage 1 was just approved. Presumably my application is on its way to POS or just getting there now. I applied common-law so I want to give as much proof as possible, since I'm sure we're one of those "red flag" couples because of the different race/background etc. So since we filed, I have added him as my beneficiary and I have kept track of my sending him money several times as well as our daily conversations (skype, etc). Personally, I feel like I SHOULD send it to them because, before applying, I had never had him as my beneficiary and had never sent him money (cuz we were living together lol, duh) and we also did not have too much chat history (skype, etc) because, again, we saw each other daily in person. I feel like I should mail it now, since it will likely be awhile before they even touch my application, so it wouldnt cause THAT much of a delay and hopefully they could match up my new stuff with my application? Or would I have to wait for AOR (or let some time pass) so that they have me in the computer before I sent new stuff?

Problem is, I have heard that sending new proof can cause pretty significant delays, especially if they already started working on your file... as they have to pull the file out, add a bunch of stuff you sent, then re-file and it may change the date to look at it again to a later one since it was pulled out of the order/line.

So my thinking was, get it there super early and then hopefully they would match it up while it was still at the very back of the line (like I am now) anyway, and not lose time. However, at this point, I do not know if they would be able to match it up (because I feel like it will be just sitting in a "Received but Not Yet Opened" pile for a few months and maybe all the stuff I send will get lost and never get matched)...

Advice? I do NOT want to delay my application but I also do not want to get denied and I feel like these are sort of important proofs...

Help?
Sending additional documents should not cause any delay in your file processing. The delay comes if say documents were missing, they go to work on your file and now have to stop to request these, put the file on hold until they are received, then resume work later on. You should be fine sending in these docs now.

The issue is with sending them without having the AOR from POS, as this is what gives you the applicant's file no. to match everything up. Having said that, I'd like to believe they're not total morons down there and can match your file using other info. The standard info they request is the file no., applicant's full name, country of citizenship as per the file, and date of birth. Include this information in your cover letter, along with your info and your id no. and they should be able to match it up. Also send them an email stating what you are sending and when they can expect to receive it. This way you also have a paper trail. Good luck!

Melanitabonita

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Trinidad and Tobago
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
Doc's Request.
18-10-2011
Nomination.....
25-03-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
15-04-2011
Med's Request
re do 16-01-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
16-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Pleeeease soon!!
well o well, POS is awake today, 2 hours after receiving my email complaning about the fact that background check was not started, i receive this other email

Good Day Mr. Lopez,

This refers to your E-mail below.

We have forwarded your E-mail to the reviewing officer, you should receive a reply sometime next week

Im trying not to put too much faith in this not to be deceived but...still looks good to me!
CAnt wait to see if i will get something next week...will keep you all posted!

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Melanitabonita said:
well o well, POS is awake today, 2 hours after receiving my email complaning about the fact that background check was not started, i receive this other email

Good Day Mr. Lopez,

We have forwarded your E-mail to the reviewing officer, you should receive a reply sometime next week

Im trying not to put too much faith in this not to be deceived but...still looks good to me!
you will get a response soon.Lets just keep our heads up. our time is near. I do not write them often. How often do you write to them?. like once a week or once a day?.

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zouk Princesse said:
@ melanita n qcboy, That's insane, wish there was some new advice I could give. After a year of waiting, I would normally suggest that you get your MP involved, however, when I spoke with POS, they informed me that they do not give any information to MPs, so having them make inquiries on your behalf is pointless and no sense delaying your file with no benefit right? All I can say is keep on them with the emails. My experience with POS was that we only got movement when we kept at them.

Thank you Zouk princesse.I will keep on with them with emails. I hope something comes up soon.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Melanitabonita said:

Good Day Mr. Lopez,

Whoo hoo! Communication is always a good thing!